Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2014, 12:33 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Better pass rush, better coverage, reduced qb accuracy .... im excited. Now give me some franchise info already!
what are you looking at??? Everything looks unrealistic and robotic.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:40 AM   #74
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Not impressed with this trailer. Why on earth are not only defenders standing around [idle, in no cover zones? how sensible..], but also the receivers. There is a clip of Jordy Nelson running a stop/curl/hitch but just stands there with his hands in the air as the defender swats the ball from behind him. If you do crap like that, you won't even make a team (not coming back to the ball, that is) in the NFL. EVERY NFL receiver knows to come back to the ball and compete for it.

Terrible.
I feel your pain: Player Sense 2.0 has slapped some sense into me regarding the developments within the laboratory of Madden.

At this pace it may take a Player Sense 4.0 till we see fixed what you just described and then maybe 8.0 will complete the cycle which would fulfill the vision of true player sense for all 22.

Realistically though, 4.0 and 8.0 sound ridiculously far out there and development will likely be arrested here or we can at least expect a pregnant pause before the cycle is revisited.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2014, 12:46 AM   #75

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Defense looks better but it actually exposes one of the biggest issues with the game. WRs do not attack the ball. They play out a animation and hope the ball lands in their hands. The Jordy Nelson play, he stands there with his hands out, the DB swats the ball then Nelson has to finish the animation so he turns up field and takes a couple steps. Also at 0:12 that pick by the Broncos defender is straight cheese lol, he spins around and zips forward and picks off the ball in like 2 seconds. Then when they talked about the flats with the Ravens and Browns clip the DB on the right of the screen is just standing there with nobody within 20 yards of him.

Madden 16 we need

WR/DB interactions
Overhauled animation and movement/locomotion system
Penalties
and challenge system fixed

We cant just have one or 2 of these things addressed, we need them all fixed and working. We get these things and we have the game we deserve.

Last edited by m1ke_nyc; 07-18-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 01:32 AM   #76
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@Skyboxer why oh why did you post that slowed video, it really made the deficiencies stand out, lol. Aside from the stuff already pointed out extensively, at the 1:25 mark in that video the pass thrown by the rookie QB Blake Bortles seems to be right on target, even with a defender bearing down on him, right in his face when releasing. I thought pressure was supposed to effect accuracy, especially for lesser skilled QBs and this guys a rookie. I bring this up because hopefully that's something that can be tweaked before release.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...e-passing-game"QBs now throw a number of inaccurate passes determined by their accuracy ratings and pocket pressure, with the level of accuracy ranging from “very inaccurate” to “perfect.” As in the real NFL, there's a much higher chance of being inaccurate when under pressure."

Does anybody else see that or does it look like to you guys the pass was effected?
Old 07-18-2014, 01:35 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ill give them props seems like these guys are actually putting in the effort to make this a respectable game again.

Everything sounds real good on paper, just please deliver on implementation Tiburon.

Love the disguise coverage feature. This used to be in old last gen Maddens if I remember correctly. Hopefully its fleshed out like 2K8's system was(Strong Shell, 2Man, Weak Shell, Roll 3) If it is I'll be extremely happy. If not you guys should go check out how they did it, couldnt hurt. Just dont leave the feature to rot.

Like others have said a thousand times before, the animations are uuuugly. Overhaul it. Base them in real life physics. Give the players weight. The worst thing is seeing a corner make a play on the ball then going back to look a replay and noticing his feet sliding every which way as he turns on a record player to intercept the ball. Weight Tiburon, Weight.

Staying on animations. There need to be a plethora of new, and contextual animations. For example, that swat the Chief player did; Would have looked much more realistic if a dropped INT animation played out. Realisitc animations Tiburon, for as many situations that could arise in any pass or run play on the OLine/Dline or Secondary.

Again It seems the effort is there and its appreciated, just execute.

Or ask for a longer dev cycle, I dont think any of us would mind you guys taking an extra year for all that.
Spoiler
Old 07-18-2014, 01:36 AM   #78
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@Skyboxer why oh why did you post that slowed video, it really made the deficiencies stand out, lol. Aside from the stuff already pointed out extensively, at the 1:25 mark in that video the pass thrown by the rookie QB Blake Bortles seems to be right on target, even with a defender bearing down on him, right in his face when releasing. I thought pressure was supposed to effect accuracy, especially for lesser skilled QBs and this guys a rookie. I bring this up because hopefully that's something that can be tweaked before release.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...e-passing-game"QBs now throw a number of inaccurate passes determined by their accuracy ratings and pocket pressure, with the level of accuracy ranging from “very inaccurate” to “perfect.” As in the real NFL, there's a much higher chance of being inaccurate when under pressure."

Does anybody else see that or does it look like to you guys the pass was effected?

Mainly as even though I liked what I see for the most part I had other areas I wanted to see better.
As far as QB accuracy I'm sure it was because it was on rookie etc.. I've seen the videos of inaccurate passes so I'm assuming it was a lower difficulty in this video. One of the things we won't know for sure until we get hands on.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-18-2014, 01:39 AM   #79
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yep I really like a lot of what I see but some of the animations are still making it a bit rough. Not to where I still won't enjoy it.
Liked seeing DB's that aren't looking at play not reacting as soon as ball is thrown.
Don't like how players rushing the QB still go straight at an OL and no (at least from what I see) stutter stepping or faking a move inside/outside to try and beat the OL. Always straight at them.

Here's a slow down vid to just see things ..well.. a little slower...

I thought the slowed down video was more encouraging than the original. I like a lot of what I saw minus obviously the bad animations. I'm happy with this band aid fix until they tackle the wr/cb interactions next year which I'm assuming is next on their list. It's better than leaving it alone til next year IMO.

So basically they tweaked man and zone coverage ratings and made them work when adjusted this year as in years past you could put to 100 and really tell no difference. I'll take this solution for now because it gives users the ability to fix some issues with rosters if need be.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:31 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 15

0:49 curl and comeback routes covered with cheese

How do you know a curl is open when a DB is around in real life? If the DB's hips are turned up field to sprint with a deeper route.

No backpedal and amazing super ability to stop on a dime and go full speed the opposite direction. That was Maddens way to fix the curl route abuse. More unsim play. smh

WR/DB jostling after 5 yards, hip to hip coverage, backpeddaling ALL LEFT OUT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »