Home

Why can't madden bring back franchise?

This is a discussion on Why can't madden bring back franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #25
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
How can they bring something that never went away??
Guess he just wants them to change the name back to Franchise...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Yep it looks that way..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #27
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
I just don't get what the difference is between Franchise MOde and CFM if you play as a coach/owner, oh well.
I don't want to have to worry about having enough money to sign free agents or worrying about how much I charge for an hotdog. I just want a start franchise when I have control of everything football related.

If I want to change a rating on a rookie, I can. If i want to have real rookies I can. I want to be to use sliders for everything. If I want to make unfair trade I can. If I want Tom Brady on the Eagles I can. I am tired of Ea Making me play the way they want to.

Tackling cone really? Maybe we can bring back the Throwing cone? I have to play mini games for xp for my players? I don't see other games making me earn xp for players.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #28
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
No, I want them to give me the choice. Play a Franchise with no XP. Where I can edit ratings during the season. CFM is fine but I don't want that.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #29
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
I don't want to have to worry about having enough money to sign free agents or worrying about how much I charge for an hotdog. I just want a start franchise when I have control of everything football related.

If I want to change a rating on a rookie, I can. If i want to have real rookies I can. I want to be to use sliders for everything. If I want to make unfair trade I can. If I want Tom Brady on the Eagles I can. I am tired of Ea Making me play the way they want to.

Tackling cone really? Maybe we can bring back the Throwing cone? I have to play mini games for xp for my players? I don't see other games making me earn xp for players.
If you play as a coach you don't have to worry about hot dog prices, it's just like playing the old franchise mode. You control everything football related. The game has all the real rookies already. If you meant real draft classes that has more to do with all the lawsuits going around (another historic one against the NCAA today) than it does with EA forcing you to play their way. And just about every sports game that has an XP type system makes you earn the XP in some way either in game our out. In NBA 2k you earn it through playing good and sending your players to camps in the offseason.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
If you play as a coach you don't have to worry about hot dog prices, it's just like playing the old franchise mode. You control everything football related. The game has all the real rookies already. If you meant real draft classes that has more to do with all the lawsuits going around (another historic one against the NCAA today) than it does with EA forcing you to play their way. And just about every sports game that has an XP type system makes you earn the XP in some way either in game our out. In NBA 2k you earn it through playing good and sending your players to camps in the offseason.
Thank you for posting, franchise is still there exactly how people want it, people are just ignorant as to how to utilize what is offered. This thread is proof of that. EA needs to do a better job of explaining it obviously..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #31
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Correct me if I'm wrong (as I bowed out of Madden playing at 13 with it's stripped down CCM franchise options), but isn't the upcoming iteration of CFM essentially now a more robust version of 12's franchise, minus the editing?

In other words, can't we do everything BUT edit players that we could in 12?

I ask because, if the issue is just editing (a BIG item for me as well), then I'd rather they find a way to allow it for offline CFM than go through the trouble of reintroducing 12s franchise mode as it seems counter-intuitive to not only EA's streamlined vision, but progressing franchise in the future.

I also don't view this as a solution similar to what 2K is doing with their MyLeague stuff, because a) the MyGM mode is so vastly different in terms of direction (i.e. a somewhat linear single-user experience) and b) the pervasive use of VC in the current modes is another barrier towards customization, whereas, again, franchise and CFM aren't all that different in terms of user experience.

I would think (theoretically...I'm not claiming to know what, if any, specific design constraints could cause potential issues) that much of the options being offered for user control for 2K's new mode could (and, IMO, should) become options for CFM, as you could essentially make them like commissioner options for the offline portion, at least.

It's something I've said from the very introduction of the "connected" mode: I applaud the concept, but it needs to be opened up for user before it becomes the end-all-be-all that EA claims. To that end, I would say they are getting there, but (as some other current and upcoming titles are demonstrating) they still have work to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
I understand your frustrations (we would all love the ability to have more customization) but it would be redundant for EA to do this as CFM is Franchise mode, it just has a different name. It would just take man hours away from actually improving CFM.
And I thought the goal for CFM or CCM was to make adding features much easier since you only have to add to one code base. One of the selling features advertised for CCM (now CFM) was features would be added more quickly with all the saved effort. And yet we still seem to be moving at a fairly slow pace. Or, well, Madden seems to still be moving at a fairly slow pace. I personally expected things to start moving faster with the combining of the modes.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »