Home

Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #265
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

Currently 1-1 in my Skins CFM. Heading to Philly to take on the 2-0 Eagles.
Need to get my DB's confidence levels up a bit. Been focusing on LB's and OL's...
Still having a blast. Good times so far...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #266
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
A new roster release will not help what the CPU does as your franchise progresses from year to year. The CPU off season moves coupled with the sim stat issues, which are probably related as QBs are not progressing and in fact degrading too quickly, are going to make franchise play this year a real issue.

gotcha, didn't realize he had simmed it for some reason. i thought he was talking straight out of the box.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #267
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGoat
My impressions from a few games online:

1) Hot routes are frustratingly slow to set up - Not sure if it's server-side delay or what, but if I go to fast calling hot routes, I end up accidentally audibling to another play. A lot of times I had barely enough time to call an out and then set it to a smart route.

2) No defensive audible for QB contain? - This could be a disaster against people who spam glitchy option plays. There are a few QB contain plays in the playbook I've been messing with, but they're dollar or quarter cover 3/4 zone plays.

3) The playcalling screen is an atrocity - I hate not being able to see the list of sets as I'm scrolling through a formation. I'm sure I'll get in time, but the whole navigation of playcalling is needlessly complicated and clunky.

4) MUT, however, is way, way better organized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
I haven't read the impressions on here. But I'm about to give mine.

I played an online game. I like how EA has tried to at least make changes. But the play calling menu on the side is kind of annoying. I highly doubt anyone complained about the play calling menu from madden 25 so why change it just to say you changed something?

Also, it seems as though the super linebackers are back this year. I didn't think it was a problem last year. Example, Nico Johnson was covering Gronkowski and what seemed like an open Gronk turned into an unbelievable interception by Nico. He made a play that I don't think any corner could have done in real life. Also, the reaction time by the secondary seems to be overpowered. Again, I didn't think it was a huge problem last year, but Marcus Cooper was man to man with his receiver and then all of a sudden he decides to come off of him without ever looking at Tom Brady and picks off the pass. Unreal.

The players still seem to glide around the field as if it were an ice rink.

Also, hot routing is a pain. Once you do one it lags for some reason. On M25 you could hot route pretty quick without ever waiting.

The game is decent
Hot routes have adjusted to be more realistic. No QB could hot route 2-5 receivers that quickly. Now the QB has to verbally complete each hot route.

So for everyone concerned about that, hot routes have been adjusted to be more realistic.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #268
Rookie

OVR: 4

Has anyone tried Green Bay? How is Eddie Lacy? I noticed in last years game I would break a run and still get caught. He's a bigger back, but he is fast and did have a few long runs last year. Also, how does Rodgers feel playing as? On defense is Clay Matthews a tank like he is in real life? I mean now he has Peppers help on the other side. And Hows the new rookie Ha Ha Clinton-Dix?
Old 08-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #269
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysworld26
Has anyone tried Green Bay? How is Eddie Lacy? I noticed in last years game I would break a run and still get caught. He's a bigger back, but he is fast and did have a few long runs last year. Also, how does Rodgers feel playing as? On defense is Clay Matthews a tank like he is in real life? I mean now he has Peppers help on the other side. And Hows the new rookie Ha Ha Clinton-Dix?
This should be in the Q/A thread.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #270
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNHuskerman
Once the community has the full retail version out, I still remain hopeful that this can be fixed via sliders, patch or OS Community updated rosters to adress the obvious flaw. If this cannot be resolved within a month of release, this may be a broken product as the meat n' potatoes of the game is franchise mode.
I wish franchise were the meat and potatoes, that honor goes to the "Ultimate "$$" Team".
Old 08-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #271
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Has anyone else had the cpu automatically pick their play for them? i've ran into this a few times where it happened immediately, including a few pivotal 4th down plays online. Other than that have really enjoyed it. 25 was pretty unplayable online against randoms but i've found the ranked matches to be enjoyable so far. Good defensive low scoring games so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #272
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Guys complaning about the delay in between hot routes. I hope EA doesn't change that next year after hearing those complaints.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »