Home

Madden 15 Videos Day 3

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Videos Day 3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #41
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 15 Videos Day 3

Just got this from Clint regarding QB throwing styles
@ClintOldenburg: @jpdavis1982 turns out ur right. We have found a bug with signature styles on G4. Actively working on it. You guys always ahead of the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #42
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Just got this from Clint regarding QB throwing styles
@ClintOldenburg: @jpdavis1982 turns out ur right. We have found a bug with signature styles on G4. Actively working on it. You guys always ahead of the game
This stuff is good to hear.

JP did you ever ask about the cold weather sidelines/crowd wearing shorts? Maybe there is a similar bug of stuff not being activated?
Old 08-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #43
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Speaking of cut scenes im already getting tired of the Qb run out one, its too repetitive, their all the same, and the quarterbacks all move and run the exact same. It was cool the first few times, but now its redundant.
Not to harp on the negative, but regarding this fact, am I the only one who thinks the WAY in which the QB's run out onto the field during their intros just looks goofy and unrealistic?

I like the NFL films/CBS style footage. I like the stats. But I mean, the QB's plod to the huddle, shaking their head back and forth like they are trying to get water out of their ears.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #44
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Bears v Vikings 2nd half
Go to 2:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H2qZ...ature=youtu.be

Such a awesome looking play
The little side step to avoid the pass rusher was great, but the fact that he just flung the ball 30+ yards down the field on a rope without stepping into it at all looks so bad. I know Cutler has a strong arm, but come on.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #45
Banned

JetLife6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Again to be fair though. It is a video game. There's only so much they can do with it before it will start repeating and do the same stuff. The ONLY way to eliminate repetitiveness in sports game commentary and presentation is continually adding new stuff to a server, and through an online connection, your game organically gets a feed of contextually correct well, whatever it is.
Yes. We all understand it is a video game. lol But plenty of other games out there don't have the problems with presentation that madden has. Sure.. i can understand eventual repetitiveness and stuff... but before the game comes out? or even before we play a demo? (if there was one)

There is never any variety to the intros.. or post game. Post game celebration seems unchanged from last year. Intros are different.. but I've already seen basically all they have to offer. Same angle on the kicker before he kicks off... showing the returner in the endzone... show one player pumping up the crowd with his arms.. It all looks too bland. It doesn't have an organic feeling to it.

Tiburon just doesn't do animations well. Have you seen the gronk spike in the endzone the last few years? Just stiff and awkward .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #46
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
That $hit has happened to me more than once! lol, absolutely correct, sir. Ball should be spotted on the 3, forward progress. Madden has always had some ball spotting issues. I've seen it go both ways, though. Overall, I'd like to see that "stumbling" animation OUT of the game. That type of thing does happen, people stumble, but this particular animation almost always feels entirely unrealistic in madden, and oftentimes doesn't work with the momentum and physics of the play and ultimately results in 3-5 of extra yardage gained or lost that shouldn't have happened. And, here is the perfect example of an awkward stumble backwards, and the madden logic doesn't interpret forward progress properly. So, strangely, it actually has some bit of effect on yardage in the game, imo.
Not exactly the same, but wasn't madden 25 supposed to have it possible that a play is called dead from forward progress stopped without the ball carrier going down? Was this only for next gen versions or did anyone see it happen at all? I never saw it on the ps3 but I can't say I played the game all that much.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #47
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 15 Videos Day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife6
Yes. We all understand it is a video game. lol But plenty of other games out there don't have the problems with presentation that madden has. Sure.. i can understand eventual repetitiveness and stuff... but before the game comes out? or even before we play a demo? (if there was one)

There is never any variety to the intros.. or post game. Post game celebration seems unchanged from last year. Intros are different.. but I've already seen basically all they have to offer. Same angle on the kicker before he kicks off... showing the returner in the endzone... show one player pumping up the crowd with his arms.. It all looks too bland. It doesn't have an organic feeling to it.

Tiburon just doesn't do animations well. Have you seen the gronk spike in the endzone the last few years? Just stiff and awkward .
I'm guessing you haven't watched the Madden 15 videos yet? There's a lot of variety and I've seen several post play celebrations that were not in M25. There's variety in the pre game too, they talk about the coaches specifically now at times instead of the M13 style one.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-19-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife6
Tiburon just doesn't do animations well.
Maybe that's the key. TIBURON doesn't do animations well. Maybe they need to contract out animations (Like 2k contracts out visuals to Visual Concepts [formerly with Madden back in the day]) OR they need to hire a new animations director for their MoCap studio in Vancouver.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »