Home

Interesting article regarding Madden ratings

This is a discussion on Interesting article regarding Madden ratings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 10:57 PM   #73

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Interesting article regarding Madden ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
As long as Madden continues to sell in the millions every year it will never change. The ratings are one of the biggest marketing tools EA has.
Until someone shows me a correlation between overall and the other ratings I will never believe that overall is anything more than a "show me" rating.

I've asked for years. No one has ever been able to answer the question as to what on field trait overall affects.

All I care about is the individual ratings and how they affect gameplay.

To me overall means nothing and never really has since it's never been tied into anything specific.

And I know I quoted you but I'm not necessarily responding to you, just responding to the thread in general.

I just think far too many people look into overall way too much since it doesn't have a tangible affect on gameplay.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #74
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

OVR is a conversation starter, but the fact that EA won't or can't release a position specific breakdown of what the ratings do and effect. The fact is Maddens ratings have become bloated. There should be rating specific ratings and nothing else. Hit power for a kicker...? Really is that the best use of time? Throw power for a Safety....? Who gives a crap?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Until someone shows me a correlation between overall and the other ratings I will never believe that overall is anything more than a "show me" rating.

I've asked for years. No one has ever been able to answer the question as to what on field trait overall affects.

All I care about is the individual ratings and how they affect gameplay.

To me overall means nothing and never really has since it's never been tied into anything specific.

And I know I quoted you but I'm not necessarily responding to you, just responding to the thread in general.

I just think far too many people look into overall way too much since it doesn't have a tangible affect on gameplay.
I've honestly always thought that OVR was a mean of all attributes a player had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 11:05 PM   #76

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I've honestly always thought that OVR was a mean of all attributes a player had.
But do you see it?

In theory it should be. I've never seen it.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:07 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
But do you see it?

In theory it should be. I've never seen it.
No I've never seen it. And the thing is, if it WAS; then NO player should get a 99. Because then that would mean, EVERY att. the guy had was a 99; and that's ludicrous.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:07 PM   #78
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

They're weighted differently. SPD will affect OVR more than say TRK or something...

It's there so the CPU can sort its depth chart. Id not mind an option to hide it, but still.

I'd love to know finally what AWR does (it affects overall a lot, or at least did a couple years ago)
Old 08-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #79
Banned

I mean, I've always thought it was a mean because like you said "in theory", it makes the most sense like that. To me, ratings are SOOOOOO arbitrary that OVR means NOTHING. Come to think of it, ratings in general mean nothing. Not the way they have it implemented right now.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:10 PM   #80

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
They're weighted differently. SPD will affect OVR more than say TRK or something...

It's there so the CPU can sort its depth chart. Id not mind an option to hide it, but still.

I'd love to know finally what AWR does (it affects overall a lot, or at least did a couple years ago)
I get that.

But it's nothing but an arbitrary number.

There has never been a correlation between a players overall and the rest of their ratings. Way too many discrepancies.

Don't take me the wrong way, I get why they have it. I just wish it would be more of a combination of their attributes rather than a number decided by someone else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »