Home

Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 01:50 AM   #297
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

BUG: AI QB won't pass the ball. He stands in the pocket until he gets sacked.

MODE: CFM Player Xbox one, DT career.

CAN YOU REPRODUCE IT: It started in week 7. I exited the game, simmed to week 8 and the same thing happened.

The AI runs the ball normally, but every pass play is a sack. I also have the glitch where strip sacks don't register the sack or forced fumble.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:41 AM   #298
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Bug: Sometimes when I try to scramble with the QB he'll do this little shuffle step where he's barely moving and won't take off.

Game mode experienced in:

Can you reproduce it?: It seems to happen sporadically. Not really sure why, but it's happened to me 3 or 4 times this week.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #299
MVP

OVR: 9

Bug (Be Specific):

I'm not sure if this is another bug with the wind, although in M'16 and previous I had reported that outdoor stadiums always have strong head winds or tail winds in a game, and aside from altering the kicking game, the affect wasn't too game altering... But, In M'17 it seems like when the CPU punts into the wind, it causes a ~5 yard punt, the player does not have enough time to call a fair catch, and then it immediately results in a penalty like a block in the back.

This happened to me in franchise mode against the CPU, with the CPU kicking into 15 MPH winds or so. I think there's multiple bugs here:
  • First, the overlooked wind is annoying, I'm sick of every game having strong winds, it's not realistic. This may be intentional, but if it is, wind needs to be tuned down. You shouldn't have 90+ yard punts when kicking with the wind, and 20 yard punts when kicking against. And wind shouldn't just blow endzone to endzone as it usually does.
  • Second, the CPU should still be able to kick more than 5-10 yards in the wind.
  • Third, you should be able to trigger a fair catch and you can't (you can't switch players soon enough and when you hit B to switch players, it will switch to a non-receiving player and you won't be able to call fair catch).
  • Fourth, both of these situations triggered an immediate block in the back penalty because I think the D-linemen were still engaged with the kicking team blockers.

Game Mode Experienced In:

Franchise mode, single game. All Pro difficulty, default sliders.

Can you reproduce it? How?:

Play a franchise mode game in strong winds, which is seemingly every outdoor game.

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grULw0ruHW8

This is the video of it happening twice on consecutive punts by the CPU.

Last edited by Rebel10; 08-29-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:00 AM   #300
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
Bug (Be Specific): Random coach challenges in the first half which results in both my challenges being used and loss of 2 timeouts in the first quarter EVERY game. It can start from the opening kick off through the remainder of the first half. I am not requesting the challenge from the pause menu, it simply cuts to the coach challenge cut scene. It doesnt happen on plays that should be challenged either. It just randomly happens

Game Mode Experienced In: All Game Modes

Can you reproduce it? How?: Yes, simply fire up a play now game, h2h, draft champion or any other game mode where challenges are allowed.

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media): No. Not yet. Coming soon.
This one just happened to me and I came in here to see if anyone else had the same issue. Mine just happened in the second half, on a sack of all plays. Really screwed me out of a timeout. First time it's happened to me.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:04 AM   #301
Rookie

Bug: coin toss- how hard is it to get it right? After years of being unable to figure out the wind factor- no we have to decide before the game what to choose.
In the NFL you can see the weather- then decide, and oh also- there is the option to defer the choice to the 2nd half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 11:05 AM   #302
Rookie

Bug: last year we had ST plays like max cover or max protect. This year with the blocking play, it's like we're getting the other end of the stick. We need those max protect and max cover to counter the new mechanics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 11:44 AM   #303
Rookie

Bug:I had a weird one happen to me in a cpu vs cpu game last night. After a play the offense started moving backwards out of camera view and wouldn't come back. 1st play was a delay of game, and the second play I hit X trying to get them to do something and it sounded like they hiked the ball but no offensive players on screen and the defense started doing tackling animations and flopping around in a pile. The play never ended and I had to restart the game.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:43 PM   #304
Rookie

Shizz420's Arena

OVR: 3

http://deadspin.com/madden-17-glitch...-us-1785886958

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »