Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

I'm not a big slider guy but unless they tune or patch the zones, the zone pass coverage is just not up to par. Maybe upping reaction and coverage will help. In the past though that has led to way too many coverage sacks. Right now it's playing a little too Big 12 for me. All offense.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:12 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Every year my experience with Madden is pretty typical. I purchase it day one, try desperately with sliders and anything else to make it replicate what I see on Sunday. I grow frustrated by my lack of success, then other games come out and it gets shelved. I waste my money every year thinking "this is going to be the year". I know this game is far from perfect, and YouTube videos will devour every weakness of it, but I've loved it so far. I'm sure there's some game breaking glich that lies ahead just waiting to reveal itself, but I'm really enjoying it. I had more fun in two hours last night than I had with Madden in the last ten years (no exaggeration). I'm playing on the Pro and the movement and control have just been phenomenal in my opinion. Regardless what happens going forward I feel like I finally have a football game to sink some time into.

Last edited by Acts 4 12; 08-22-2017 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Lagged out
Old 08-22-2017, 11:22 AM   #51
Rookie

jomo6619's Arena

WHY DO THE SIDELINES AND FANS LOOK SO BAD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 11:33 AM   #52
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

I have played 2 and a half games so far. I know its cliche but the lighting and frostbite engine looks AMAZING. First game i used my Skins vs the Packers in a play now preseason game and using Robert Kelley and Chris Thompson felt like driving a Ford Raptor vs a Scion TC. I am impressed.

Throwing the football i noticed errant passes from both teams, especially once Hundley and Colt McCoy got into the game. Regular 5 yard dump offs caused players to reroute or dive for the ball. Ratings Matter! I felt like there was alot of pressure on both QBs but not too bad. Also, only saw one injury on 6min default.

The second game i played was the Rams vs Giants. I love the way the Coliseum looks. Gurley is a fun back to use because he is quick yet powerful. Sammy Watkins was a magnet catching passes but i noticed a few weird things. I called a playaction and Goff In his animation bumped into Harkey and fell down. I had to wait for him to stand to hurry and get rid of the ball. Also,i was up on the Giants by 3 with 12 seconds to go and they did not call a timeout or hurry to run the play and instead watched the clock runoff for a loss. This game i noticed 2 injuries and one was a "will not return"

Lastly,i havent been able to trust zone coverage so far.Man has been pretty good except against top wrs, OBJ and Jordy Nelson both bombed me in man. Also, each time i have thrown a corner route against Man coverage it has been a touchdown.

All in all i am impressed and at the same time concerned. I want to see what the patch does because right now the defenses are weak imo.

If anyone wants to watch i twitched my play and my username is the same there as it is here
Old 08-22-2017, 11:40 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
Can beat longshot in just a few hours of playing, It was fun but it's just dispointing that you learn the story and don't get to do much of anything let alone once the draft hits it's over? i don't get to play in the nfl or anything. I just think it would have been better if Longshot was tied into my player like NBA 2K and it continues after the story. If i create him in my player there won't be the story around him as well as no Colton Cruise so it's just not the same. Also at the end it basically says there will be a season two which means madden 19 will have it as well
Longshot supposedly has more content in MUT

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-22-2017, 11:58 AM   #54
Rookie

I just really hope there are big differences among teams and players. Ratings matter then. The graphics are fine and everything but if the gameplay isn't there it's for nothing.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:02 PM   #55
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acts 4 12
Every year my experience with Madden is pretty typical. I purchase it day one, try desperately with sliders and anything else to make it replicate what I see on Sunday. I grow frustrated by my lack of success, then other games come out and it gets shelved. I waste my money every year thinking "this is going to be the year". I know this game is far from perfect, and YouTube videos will devour every weakness of it, but I've loved it so far. I'm sure there's some game breaking glich that lies ahead just waiting to reveal itself, but I'm really enjoying it. I had more fun in two hours last night than I had with Madden in the last ten years (no exaggeration). I'm playing on the Pro and the movement and control have just been phenomenal in my opinion. Regardless what happens going forward I feel like I finally have a football game to sink some time into.
You described exactly my experience with Madden for the last quite a few years.

So much of 18 is really really good. A couple little things:

I had a linebacker blitz and get stuffed by the running back and just as the QB threw it, my linebacker jumped up and batted down the pass and it looked very realistic.

I lobbed a pass to the back corner of the end zone and the DB /WR interaction was fantastic. My wide receiver leaned back and pulled it in and got two feet inbounds. Looked so much like what we see in the real NFL.

There are some issues but I definitely feel like they are maneagable and that I will be playing Madden a lot longer this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 12:05 PM   #56
Rookie

This is the first Madden where i felt the receivers struggling to get open, and the RAC feels more realistic now as well. Ratings really do make all the difference this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »