Home

Simulation Setting Gameplay Feedback

This is a discussion on Simulation Setting Gameplay Feedback within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-30-2017, 10:52 PM   #49
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Simulation Setting Gameplay Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Wow, fantastic write up. I can't agree more about the field goals. I'm banging 55 yard field goals with ease.

I also am very disappointed in the way they implemented penalties. Even on the settings it says default 50 is what you see everyday in the NFL. This is completely false.

I don't know why they have the "based of NFL data" we all know that's a lie.

What they are thinking? I mean come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 10:53 PM   #50
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
Cfm plays differently than play now. Also im more talking about the gameplay effects of the injury slider rather than the amount of injuries. It has a signicant effect on the way the defense attacks the offense which in turn would effect things like qb accuracy and even ai qb scrambling

No only that but also fatigue has a different impact in play now than CFm.

Play now players fatigue more. On CFM I had to rise t up to 95 to get my HB2 into play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2017, 12:36 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm glad you brought this up because it made me think of what Rex tweeted the other day in regards to passing YPG. I'd be curious to know what the yards per reception was for that data because just looking at the games I've played the CPU is averaging 14.4 YPC and I'm at 12.4 which are both significantly higher than the league average. I checked rushing as well and I'm averaging 5 YPC and the CPU is also right there at 4.9. I think that's the kind of data they should be looking hard at and trying to replicate because those are the types of numbers that dictate the pace and feel of the entire game regardless of quarter length. So like in my case the numbers fall in line with what you might want to see out of competitive, more big plays and quicker action due to shorter games and good players. But when you put that in a Sim environment you essentially get arcade, shootout football over the course of 120-130 plays.
Agreed. I know why Rex uses PPG and YPG in his tweets, those figures are more recognizable by the public, but I hope behind the scenes they plan on addressing this.

We can remedy this to a degree with sliders. For example in my CFM my run game is middle of the pack with the Ravens. Woodhead is my top rusher and he is at 3.9 ypc. Passing game is a different matter because of the different passing levels. Right now the deep and intermediate stuff (15+) is too open. If we were to adjust sliders to correct that, then the underneath becomes too well covered. Realistic passing figures rely more heavily on under the hood programming.

Has Rex made any comments regarding the percentages of each game setting? I think the best thing for the sim community would be if the arcade setting has a decent percentage of use. If it is only sim and competitive being used, then simulation style becomes the compromise style. In that case I would not expect sim style to be significantly different from past Madden gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 12:43 AM   #52
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Agreed. I know why Rex uses PPG and YPG in his tweets, those figures are more recognizable by the public, but I hope behind the scenes they plan on addressing this.

We can remedy this to a degree with sliders. For example in my CFM my run game is middle of the pack with the Ravens. Woodhead is my top rusher and he is at 3.9 ypc. Passing game is a different matter because of the different passing levels. Right now the deep and intermediate stuff (15+) is too open. If we were to adjust sliders to correct that, then the underneath becomes too well covered. Realistic passing figures rely more heavily on under the hood programming.

Has Rex made any comments regarding the percentages of each game setting? I think the best thing for the sim community would be if the arcade setting has a decent percentage of use. If it is only sim and competitive being used, then simulation style becomes the compromise style. In that case I would not expect sim style to be significantly different from past Madden gameplay.
Edit QB's Medium & Long Pass accuracy.
With a boost of Zone Cvg. For the D.

About Sim vs Arcade

Would we have to go to arcade mode to edit sliders?
Old 08-31-2017, 12:50 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Edit QB's Medium & Long Pass accuracy.
With a boost of Zone Cvg. For the D.

About Sim vs Arcade

Would we have to go to arcade mode to edit sliders?
Adjusting each QB in order to get realistic stats is not an efficient solution.

I don't understand your question about arcade mode and sliders.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:02 AM   #54
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Adjusting each QB in order to get realistic stats is not an efficient solution.

I don't understand your question about arcade mode and sliders.
Or wait for EA to do it?
The Roster Community could produce it faster.

Also,
Can you edit sliders in Sim mode? OR Do you have to be in arcade mode to edit sliders?
Old 08-31-2017, 01:08 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Or wait for EA to do it?
The Roster Community could produce it faster.

Also,
Can you edit sliders in Sim mode? OR Do you have to be in arcade mode to edit sliders?
Sliders are separate from game style. You can edit sliders independent of game style you use.

re: editing QBs. I don't really trust the roster community's methodology. Then once users get into their franchises they would need to manually edit every generated QB. On top of that, it would throw off overall calculations and affect things that rely on that. Not to mention any possible effect it would have on the simulation engine.

Not an acceptable solution
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 01:27 AM   #56
Rookie

longball5187's Arena

OVR: 1

This is more of a general complaint, but also an ask for help. I've been playing Madden for years and NCAA for years (still). There seems to be no balance for a simulation game; I still feel like I'm playing NFL Blitz. I can score at will even on All-Madden with the sliders adjusted but I can't stop anything on defense. Every game is 49-45 or somewhere in there. While I'd love betting the overs, this is incredibly frustrating. I don't mind losing, at all, but why is it so impossible to find a challenging and simulation style game. I was really excited when I read Madden 18 would come out with a "Simulation" style play, but it doesn't seem to have resulted in that, at least for me.

Has anyone else come across this? I'd love if we had one of the following options:
  • Like NCAA, have an offensive and defensive difficulty
  • Release some kind of slider guide (i.e. this setting environment as you have it will result in more xxx)
  • Simply reduce the scoring in the game!

I realize the NFL has high scoring games, but they also have 14-10 games at least once in a while. That seems to never happen in user games. Maybe I'm off base and my play style just results in that, but even when I try to play everything "safe" on offense (draws on 3rd and long, punt even when I don't think I should, safe throws) I still score a ton. And I just don't have a prayer at stopping the CPU from scoring.

Any suggestions or quick hitter tips?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »