Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2018, 09:12 AM   #81
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Pancake issue is alive and well.

Its an ugly bug vs the CPU and it was not their OOTB

I think it happened after patch 1.07 maybe 1.06 but not before that.

It needs to be fixed. Its inexcusable.

This game has been nothing but a giant bug vs the CPU.

So now when I see it I am not going to exploit it. I will get past the LOS and give myself up.

I have to not play the game properly to play the game.

How pathetic is that?

I mean running from a strong or weak set on downs that could be running plays (2nd and 6 even 2nd and 7 teams can run) and the CPU is freaking pass committing in a base defense?

Crappy AI, crapy code layered upon crappy code going on 10 years (since the move to PS3).

There is no excuse for this on a title like this from a multi billion dollar game developer.

It’s plain ridiculous.

We are dinosaurs. Playing vs the CPU is something Madden could care less about. It is painfully obvious with how this release went. Here we are in January and we still can’t play a good clean game vs the CPU.

When House Rules will force me to lay down because 3-4 DL on in unison out on their *** on 2nd and 6 it’s time to just say.......

Good bye Madden 18.

I tried. But this is stupidity.

Madden 16, NCAA 14

Those games work and work marvelously compared to this bug fest.

Peace everyone. Hopefully they patch the pancake BS.

But I doubt it. It was designed to combat online cheesers.

But what happened to separate game modes? Competitive, simulation.

Oh don’t get me started.

Shame on EA.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yep, I have not touched 18 in 2 months. Have to get my football fix on 360 with NCAA 14 and Madden 25.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 09:14 AM   #82
Rookie

fripperiffic's Arena

OVR: 1

No pancakes for me in 2 games, and on the first KR by CPU in first game I played, he ran it back for 70 yards. Overall, played well. I had fun.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:36 AM   #83
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I finished my half last night and didn't encounter the pancake once.

I must have a lucky streak going, but it shouldn't be there in the first place.

The game seems to be playing tighter to me, too and the jukes and spin moves have been toned down.
I honestly rarely see the pancakes on AM. They shouldnt be there i agree, but i dont think its a game breaker. I feel its much tighter as well gameplay wise with the patch. Good patch by EA.

Playing:
Old 01-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #84
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I only played a MUT game with the new patch against the Jaguars in the rain but the Jaguars fumbled every possession. In 3 minute quarters they fumbled 8 times.

I've never seen that before.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #85
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I only played a MUT game with the new patch against the Jaguars in the rain but the Jaguars fumbled every possession. In 3 minute quarters they fumbled 8 times.

I've never seen that before.
I notice I fumble a lot more often in rain games. I guess it makes sense from a realism point of view. But man do I hate playing in rainy weather games.

edit: Just played a game today in rainy weather. First carry of the game my RB breaks a tackle or two and loses a fumble on a soft arm tackle. Sigh... I hate rainy weather games. Also missed an XP attempt. Almost missed a FG attempt at the 1 yard line as well. There is no room for error on FG/XP attempts in rainy weather. If you don't land it within the target box good chance you shank the kick.

Last edited by Devaster; 01-10-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #86
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Does anyone ever seen the pancake "glitch" happen on draw runs? It obviously occurs when the CPU pass commits against a heavy front, but I'm curious to know when the exactly the CPU is pass committing. Maybe the issue when facing the CPU is calling heavy formation running plays or runs from the wildcat, etc. on obvious passing situations facing a 3rd and long. From a realism point of view no NFL team would be calling those plays.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #87
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

And the running game and scrambling game is a thing of beauty to witness.

Trubisky racked up 66 yds on scrambling alone and Howard had over 80yds vs my defense.

I loved seeing this, finally, because in the past, I could stop the running game easily.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #88
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Problem with pancake bug is they say it is gameplay designed, Absurd, never saw it when game first came out. And when to you see a offensive line pancake the entire defensive line in unison in real football, just absolutely ridiculous they are attempting to say a design, that infuriates me even more. I have not played Madden since this bug first started showing up. Im sorry, but for offline experience it is a total game breaker for me, not realistic at all, and even more ridiculous people having to dive to ground when it happens to try ignoring this horrible game flaw. Luckily I have gone back to 360 and NCAA AND MADDEN 25, to get football fix, and they are both solid gameplay, fun, and solid franchise experience. If you are a graphics freak, then will not work for you, but if you are like me (old-school), I will take quality over graphics in this case. Actually graphics are not horrible on those games, respectable.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »