Home

M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min)

This is a discussion on M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #57
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
If you don’t know Ben Haumiller, you should know he’s a reason to be optimistic about the future of franchise mode. He was a stalwart of the NCAA game for years and behind some of the features that were part of dynasty mode.
NCAA 14 gets looked back at pretty positively. But ncaa was garbage for a long time after the switch to 360. I remember so many people couldn’t stand Haumiller. And when I first saw this thread it brought back bad memories of the aggravation I had with those games.

With that said, these additions sound great. The little things are what matter to me. And this is a small step in the right direction. It’s kind of sad that hints like these are just getting added. A decade after they And more things should have been added. But guess better late than never. Maybe with Ben’s background we’ll see more of stuff like this.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #58
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
I found this on Ben's twitter regarding assistant coaches and why it is difficult to add them to the game:

https://twitter.com/BenHaumiller/sta...479302658?s=19

I'd quite happily take unlicensed coordinators, they do it with belichick
Unlicensed Coordinators with the ability to edit their names into real life coaches. So being able to change the Browns OC name to Todd Haley, or Panthers OC to Norv Turner, etc. It's odd how they do it with Belichick while giving us random HCs to hire after we fire the current HC.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Unlicensed Coordinators with the ability to edit their names into real life coaches. So being able to change the Browns OC name to Todd Haley, or Panthers OC to Norv Turner, etc. It's odd how they do it with Belichick while giving us random HCs to hire after we fire the current HC.
They were close to making it in this year is the rumor.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:06 PM   #60
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
From what adembroski was saying about how many resources the new 3D UI took up, that probably is what bumped Coordinators to next year.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #61
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Love Ben's passion and his work. I finally feel like Franchise has some momentum rolling now and I have optimism for the future of this mode. We might only get three or four chunks each year, but as long as there's evidence of progress, I'm straight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #62
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
From what adembroski was saying about how many resources the new 3D UI took up, that probably is what bumped Coordinators to next year.
Hopefully next year they make it in with a proper working Coaching Carousel like the one from NCAA 14. I feel like they are on the right track with the archetypes for each player, now adding in OCs, DCs, even position coaches that can provide boosts for certain positions would be the next step in building on that.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:20 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

What good is adding 15 new ratings when the ratings that already exist in the game don't do anything?
Old 06-11-2018, 05:29 PM   #64
Rookie

Mr.Tennessee's Arena

Quote:
If you interview Clint or Ben can you ask why it hasn't been in, given the fact that they could use generic names? I'm pretty sure Clint had mentioned the licensing issue in an interview before so it's obviously something that's been on the list of things they've been looking at. Is it just a matter of them wanting to be authentic? Same thing with the Pro Bowl and memory issue, why can't they just give the players the AFC/NFC helmets and uniforms?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »