Home

M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min)

This is a discussion on M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 06:22 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikitim
What good is adding 15 new ratings when the ratings that already exist in the game don't do anything?
To trick players into thinking they matter. I remember there were racing games back in the PSX days that had individual car ratings, turned out they were just for show and didn't actually affect anything. Probably the same for a lot of the ratings in all sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 06:35 PM   #66
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
All of this is good news but the one thing that stands out to me is the 15 additional ratings for players. This should differentiate players even more.
It should but my worry woth ratings is how much will the difference show? Will you be able to tell the difference between an 80 and an 84 medium route runner?
Old 06-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #67
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
It should but my worry woth ratings is how much will the difference show? Will you be able to tell the difference between an 80 and an 84 medium route runner?
Don’t they use thresholds ? So you don’t see differences in ability besides when players hit like 80/85/90 for example in a rating. So nah probably won’t tell the difference still until they make an 76 play different than a 75
Old 06-11-2018, 06:46 PM   #68
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBarber
Don’t they use thresholds ? So you don’t see differences in ability besides when players hit like 80/85/90 for example in a rating. So nah probably won’t tell the difference still until they make an 76 play different than a 75
In reality nor would you in real life , that's a 1% increment
Could you really visually distinguish between a sprinter running a 10.0 sec 100m and a 9.9 time , without using a timer
Old 06-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBarber
The whole threshold thing got revamped, now 99 is the top and it works like you’d expect is what I understand.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:46 AM   #70
F17
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
The whole threshold thing got revamped, now 99 is the top and it works like you’d expect is what I understand.

As i understood, SIM play style wasn't threshold based and was more linear in how it worked. ie 97 plays better than a 94 which plays better than 91 which plays better than 87 etc etc. As opposed to hitting 91 and that being that, as is the case in COMP mode
Old 06-12-2018, 09:00 AM   #71
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I really like that we will be notified of the contextual reason why something happened on the field, like a dropped pass.

I feel this will help those "what the heck!" moments. I also feel this simulates real sports in general as a coach would ask a player after a poor play, "what happened out there?"

Hope the system is as deep as I am imagining.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by F17
As i understood, SIM play style wasn't threshold based and was more linear in how it worked. ie 97 plays better than a 94 which plays better than 91 which plays better than 87 etc etc. As opposed to hitting 91 and that being that, as is the case in COMP mode
I thought that's what the person was referencing, I didn't read the context of it being SIM just assumed COMP based on him referencing thresholds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »