Home

Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

This is a discussion on Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-05-2005, 11:55 PM   #353
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

This could be pretty nutty over the next 10 years for the stadiums in NY. It's been 36 years since NY has seen a new stadium, it'd be nice to get some of the state of the art stuff I've seen at other stadiums.

I'm not really that shook up over the Yanks getting a new stadium since they're going to leave the current one standing and not knock it down. I've seen close to a hundred games there and had my fill. And it's just a shell of the stadium that Ruth, Gehrig and DiMaggio once played on. I think it'll be awesome if they recreat the new one to look just like the original Yankee Stadium, with the white-fence facade thing going all across the top of the stadium.

Either way, I'm as excited for this as I am about the one in Manhattan.

EDIT: Eli, from what I've heard, guesses range from 2009-2011.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-06-2005, 08:36 AM   #354
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
When I use to get the Kevin Wheeler show Jerome was a regular. He was always mad. I still remember he even made a negative call after the Yanks won the WS.

The last time I heard from him (about a year ago) he was in the hospital with serious health problems.
When I lived in NY, I'd hear him all the time... On WFAN, then you'd hear him on ESPN 1050 when they launched... I generally didn't listen to NY sports talk too much, so I'd listen to ESPN or Sporting News over the internet.... Then I'd hear him there, too... I'd be like "Can I just not hear this dude for a little while?!?" But I am sorry to hear he was going through serious health issues... I genuinely hope everything is all right with him.

Kinda reminds me of Doris from Rego Park, she was a regular caller on the sports shows. Anyhow, she had this really persistent cough, and I had to admit, it wore on me after awhile and got annoying. Sadly, she passed away a couple years ago, and they mentioned her on the radio and even in the newspaper. I felt like a complete tool for complaining to myself about her cough...
Old 06-06-2005, 11:12 PM   #355
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

You can't win a ****ing game only getting 4 hits.

1 win in the last 9 games while playing the Royals, Brewers and Twins is un****ing acceptable. Once again, Johnson looked average at best. Atleast he got a few more strikeouts but thats expected against Milwaukee.

If the Yankees lose the series to the Brewers, I expect a move to be made for some kind of pitching within the next week.

Looking back, I wish the Yanks had made some kind of move to get Latroy Hawkins. That would have been quite an improvement for the relief pitching.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2005, 11:14 PM   #356
MVP

OVR: 15

Maybe they should try moving arod back to the #2 slot to jumpstart that offense.. atleast he gets on base unlike matsui there.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:55 PM   #357
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hear Wright is coming back soon...wonder whose gonna be the odd man out, most likely Wang right? what ya think
Old 06-06-2005, 11:58 PM   #358
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

The likely choice would be Wang but compared to Pavano, Brown, Mussina and RJ...he's looked golden.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 06-07-2005, 08:14 AM   #359
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

You'd think Wright would be the odd man out with his 9.15 ERA and 2.29 WHIP. I still can't believe they signed him instead of resigning Lieber.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:45 AM   #360
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
You can't win a ****ing game only getting 4 hits.

1 win in the last 9 games while playing the Royals, Brewers and Twins is un****ing acceptable. Once again, Johnson looked average at best. Atleast he got a few more strikeouts but thats expected against Milwaukee.

If the Yankees lose the series to the Brewers, I expect a move to be made for some kind of pitching within the next week.

Looking back, I wish the Yanks had made some kind of move to get Latroy Hawkins. That would have been quite an improvement for the relief pitching.

Can't make any moves when your system is barren. Wang and Cano are about the only young guys they could get a player of value with. That and not many teams are looking to deal at the moment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »