Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2006, 12:02 PM   #457
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

I think with the amount of innings our starters have spared the bullpen this year, the 'pen can suck up it for the next two weeks without Van Buren and we call up a fourth outfielder in Harris instead.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:36 PM   #458
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
I think with the amount of innings our starters have spared the bullpen this year, the 'pen can suck up it for the next two weeks without Van Buren and we call up a fourth outfielder in Harris instead.
Nixon should be back in a couple days, and I don't think Coco will be out much more than a week, week and a half. I think bringing Van Buren up is the right move.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #459
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

The lineup they trotted out there today might be the worst I've seen in Boston in 5 years.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:03 PM   #460
MVP

Yea, 5 years is probably when I started watching the Sox, and garbage time aside, that was the worst lineup i've seen. Please don't rest all your bats on the same day Terry. Cora, Gonzalez, Stern, and Bard in the same lineup? And the sad thing is Manny is hitting on par with most of them .
Old 04-15-2006, 11:26 PM   #461
All Star

OVR: 25

Stern got exposed today, so hopefully his bandwagon dies down a bit. It was only a matter of time before the team started to miss Crisp and Nixon. We can complain about Terry resting too many guys today, but really who else was there? Loretta hasn't been hitting, Mohr isn't any better than Stern against righties, and Lowell isn't a sure thing, though he has been hot. With guys down, the Sox need their big guys to step up. Ortiz has, more or less, answered the call but Manny is just plain terrible at the moment. The team needs him to get going but he hasn't shown any progress. At least Wily Mo has been having consistent at-bats, though his defense isn't improving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2006, 02:38 PM   #462
MVP

Varitek's autographed jersey is on its way to the 1st base umprire's house as we speak.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:40 PM   #463
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

My god....this is amazing.

We can actually win one-run games.

LIGHTS OUT BABY
Old 04-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #464
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
My god....this is amazing.

We can actually win one-run games.

LIGHTS OUT BABY
Except we fail to score enough runs when our starters don't provide ace caliber outings. Love Gonzalez defense, but my god, he is absolutely horrid with the stick. They really, REALLY need Crisp back. I can't stand Mohr or Stern.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »