Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2006, 02:25 PM   #1961
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
I hope it's by more than one team and an AL team so he can't hurt the Braves, also I'm an Andruw fan so it would be nice to see him win. I'm kinda stuck, but in the end I'll always be a Braves fan. I just hope this can help out both teams.
I don't think this is going to result in a trade. But in the offseason I'm starting to think that the Braves trading Andruw in inevitable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #1962
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13
I don't think this is going to result in a trade. But in the offseason I'm starting to think that the Braves trading Andruw in inevitable.
The impression I got from an article on mlb.com was that if more than one teampicked him up, then the worst team(percentage wise) would get 48 hours to work out a deal and if nothing got worked out then he would remain a brave. That didn't really make sense to me, though and I couldn't tell if that was just trades or if the waiver wire worked that way. I thought once a player was waved you didn't have to give up anyone, that he was essentially a free agent.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #1963
MVP

Quote:
ESPN's Buster Olney says Andruw Jones has been claimed on waivers, though he doesn't know by which team.
This whole thing isn't much of a story. Jones can be traded to whichever team claimed him, but the only players the Braves could get in return are prospects not on the 40-man roster or players who fall to them on waivers. There's almost no way that they'd get the kind of talent they want in return for Jones in a waiver deal.
Via Rotoworld

I don't see any kind of waiver wire deal going down but I definitely see him being traded to an AL team in the offseason.

If Alfonso Soriano re-ups with the Nationals I'd put alot of money on him becoming an Anaheim Angel.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #1964
MVP

Cletus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Via Rotoworld

I don't see any kind of waiver wire deal going down but I definitely see him being traded to an AL team in the offseason.

If Alfonso Soriano re-ups with the Nationals I'd put alot of money on him becoming an Anaheim Angel.

I don't know, it all depends on how the Braves want to go about things. Right now I don't know if I would argue too much with prospects because lately the Veterans the Braves have gotten haven't done all that well. Mostly due to injuries. However, for a player of Andruw's caliber they better be some prospects that are ready to make an impact. Also, no one knows what is going on as far as office issues for the Braves. If the management wants to rebuild, then I see them trading for prospects. Above all, I trust Schureholz, most of his deals seems to have paid off and him and bobby Cox have been getting it done lately.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #1965
MVP

Quote:
I don't know, it all depends on how the Braves want to go about things. Right now I don't know if I would argue too much with prospects because lately the Veterans the Braves have gotten haven't done all that well. Mostly due to injuries. However, for a player of Andruw's caliber they better be some prospects that are ready to make an impact. Also, no one knows what is going on as far as office issues for the Braves. If the management wants to rebuild, then I see them trading for prospects. Above all, I trust Schureholz, most of his deals seems to have paid off and him and bobby Cox have been getting it done lately.

Well the Angels have an absolutely stocked farm system so they could definitely give you something worthwhile for him. But at the same time you can't expect a whole lot.

Although he's still a very good fielder, he isn't nearly what he was and he's only going to continue declining. Along with not being a great on-base guy. Though that part might not matter much to the Angels.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #1966
MVP

Cletus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Well the Angels have an absolutely stocked farm system so they could definitely give you something worthwhile for him. But at the same time you can't expect a whole lot.

Although he's still a very good fielder, he isn't nearly what he was and he's only going to continue declining. Along with not being a great on-base guy. Though that part might not matter much to the Angels.
Well the only thing he's really lost is speed, he's still a good power hitter and a pretty good leader, from what i've heard. He's not the speedster he was a few years back, but he can still hit homeruns. He also still has a good arm.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:15 PM   #1967
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Well the only thing he's really lost is speed, he's still a good power hitter and a pretty good leader, from what i've heard. He's not the speedster he was a few years back, but he can still hit homeruns. He also still has a good arm.
And, in my biased opinion, he is still the best defensive centerfielder in the game.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:16 PM   #1968
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

If Anaheim wanted Andruw, I would ask for Ervin Santana, Chone Figgins, and a prospect. That would be a really good fit for us. Figgins plays CF and bats leadoff, Santana falls in the rotation behind Huddy and Smoltz and we pick up a prospect. Not bad at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »