Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #65
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdtarheeler
I thought James Jurries and Brian Jordan were going to be in a platoon with LaRoche depending on which arm pitcher was on the mound? I dont think the Braves really need to add another first basemen, LaRoche is young and talented, he deserves more of a shot, and then Salty's coming up, so I dont think it would make much sense to add an old veteran with a bigger contract who wont add much and cause a logjam at the position.
That's what I'm saying, but I don't know.

And BG....that is THE BEST avatar ever.

1995! Do you guys know where I can find video of the final out or of that homer? Man...I cant seem to find it ANYWHERE.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHH52...995%20baseball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2006, 07:44 AM   #66
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Thanks guys, glad ya like it.

I had a couple others, Otis Nixon's catch, Sid's mad dash... but I think I'll stick with this one.

Here's an interesting story: Mazzone gets tattoo

Quote:
Credit Kevin Millar with his first scoop as a participatory journalist. Baltimore's part-time first baseman and outfielder has also been keeping a diary for MLB.com, and in his last installment, he told the world that he planned on talking pitching coach Leo Mazzone into getting a tattoo.

That goal came to pass over the weekend, with Mazzone sporting some brand new ink on his left shoulder. The design, instigated by Millar, is a red-and-blue pennant with the words "14 straight" written inside of it. The slogan refers to Mazzone's run of success with his former team -- the Atlanta Braves -- which included 14 consecutive division titles.

"He's fired up about it. He's going to be shirtless for a while," said Millar on Monday. "He's a tough guy, but he got to the tattoo parlor and he was nervous. He kept asking me, 'Millar, will it be all right?'"

The coach also asked for input on the actual tattoo, which is his first. Millar told him to incorporate something of personal significance, which led to Mazzone's baseball design. The art is a fitting testament to an impressive accomplishment, a run of dominance highlighted by Cy Young-caliber pitching and Hall of Fame-level coaching.

"I didn't get it just to get it. It means a lot to me," said Mazzone. "I don't think [the streak] will ever be done again in the history of sports."
And, Schuerholz not tipping his hand

Quote:
"Do I anticipate [making a trade]?" Schuerholz said. "No. But that's not to say that I won't. I don't ever anticipate making a deal, because you have to have other willing partners."

It's believed that the Braves were close to making a deal last week with the Pirates, who would have sent Craig Wilson and Salomon Torres in exchange for John Thomson. But the Pirates were unwilling to include Torres in the deal.

The Braves are still talking with the Pirates. But Pittsburgh hasn't decided whether they want to part ways with Wilson, who was limited to 59 games because of two separate hand injuries last year.

There's still a chance Thomson will be traded before the start of the regular season. But it's far from a guarantee. In fact, one National League scout said he believes there's just a 60 percent chance the Braves will deal the veteran right-hander, who will make $4.75 million this year.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:43 AM   #67
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Thomson scratched from his scheduled start today... supposedly something to do with his elbow, but that could be (read: probably is) a cover...

EDIT: It now appears that Thomson was scratched for legit reason. Dammit.

Last edited by bravosfan; 03-28-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:00 PM   #68
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Thomson update

Quote:
"Yeah, I guess it's kind of weird timing with all the trade rumors and all that," Thomson said. "It's not that serious, but it's something I don't want to deal with for the next month. So a scratch makes sense."
Old 03-29-2006, 08:48 PM   #69
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Braves, Blank resume discussion

Quote:
Falcons owner Arthur Blank is talking again with Time Warner about a possible purchase of the Braves barely a month after he suspended negotiations because of a disagreement on price.

Representatives of Time Warner and Blank have had discussions this week and plan further talks, three people familiar with the situation said Tuesday.

The renewed talks have not advanced far enough, those close to the situation said, to determine whether the parties will be able to bridge the price gap that caused negotiations to break off in late February.

"I can't say anything," Blank said when asked at the NFL owners meetings in Orlando about the reopened talks. "I'm bound by an agreement not to say anything. If I do, I'll have a lot of people mad at me."

"We are not at liberty to discuss any status of talks regarding the Braves" because of a confidentiality agreement with Time Warner, said Kim Shreckengost, executive vice president of the Arthur M. Blank Group.

The Blank Group announced on Feb. 22 that it had "suspended" negotiations with Time Warner. Asked Tuesday if that announcement is rescinded, Shreckengost said: "No comment."
Old 03-31-2006, 05:38 AM   #70
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Buy it, baby!
Old 03-31-2006, 11:24 PM   #71
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Here's the roster:

Rotation
Tim Hudson
John Smoltz
Horacio Ramirez
Jorge Sosa
Kyle Davies

Bullpen
Chris Reitsma
Blaine Boyer
Lance Cormier
Mike Remlinger
John Thomson
Oscar Villarreal
Chuck James

Catchers
Brian McCann
Todd Pratt

Infielders
Adam LaRoche
Marcus Giles
Edgar Renteria
Chipper Jones
Brian Jordan
Pete Orr
Wilson Betemit

Outfielders
Andruw Jones
Jeff Francoeur
Ryan Langerhans
Matt Diaz

Jordan makes the team, Jurries sent down. And surprisingly, Joey Devine was also sent down. To which I reply, WTF!?

Last edited by bravosfan; 03-31-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #72
D*d y** g*t th* m*m*?

caseyd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
That's what I'm saying, but I don't know.

And BG....that is THE BEST avatar ever.

1995! Do you guys know where I can find video of the final out or of that homer? Man...I cant seem to find it ANYWHERE.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHH52...995%20baseball
I have the whole 1995 game 7 on video. You want a DVD?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »