Home

PS4 Pro 1080p Video Thread

This is a discussion on PS4 Pro 1080p Video Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2018, 11:48 AM   #33
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 Pro 1080p Video Thread

So if im using game mode and have HDR on in the PS4 settings turned on and turned on in the game itself is this the best option?

Or should I be using the TV setting HDR as well?

I like the setup I have with using HDR on PS4 settings, HDR turned on with faster within game and using game mode with my TV settings calibrated.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2018, 12:53 PM   #34
kac
Pro

OVR: 4

I'm using a PS4 pro and a 1080p Sony Bravia on game mode using the faster setting and I'm noticing in some stadiums there are framerate issues when there are runners on base and a ball is put into play it becomes so laggy that I don't have total control of my fielder and the ball rolls right by me because of this. Anyone else having similar experiences?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-25-2018, 04:37 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 27

I have been back and forth on the HDR on or off thing myself with 18. I just feel like the picture looks like it has a haze over it with HDR on in 18.

Here are two screenshots I took in RTTS. Top one is HDR on and bottom one is HDR off. What do you guys think? I also have Game Mode on. I have a Samsung KS8000.

Last edited by PhilliesFan13; 03-25-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 05:08 PM   #36
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I have been back and forth on the HDR on or off thing myself with 18. I just feel like the picture looks like it has a haze over it with HDR on in 18.

Here are two screenshots I took in RTTS. Top one is HDR on and bottom one is HDR off. What do you guys think? I also have Game Mode on. I have a Samsung KS8000.

From what I can see the top looks better to me of course you are seeing it in real time.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-25-2018, 05:11 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
From what I can see the top looks better to me of course you are seeing it in real time.
That's the thing though. It looks better in the screenshot than it actually does on the TV. I just wonder if the HDR mode for this game doesn't work properly or something.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2018, 05:24 PM   #38
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

Well I have 1080p with faster, super sampling and boost mode on my PS4 Pro and it looks simply amazing and is the game play buttery smooth I am really happy with it, I just got my new 1080p 6 months before I decided with the Pro.I am still okay with it and I don't play that many games anyway so it all good. I don't even know if I could tell the difference with a 4K TV with this old set of eyes Anyway it doesn't matter that much to me with it looking this good the way I have it set up.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-25-2018, 05:29 PM   #39
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
That's the thing though. It looks better in the screenshot than it actually does on the TV. I just wonder if the HDR mode for this game doesn't work properly or something.

I have a samsung not same model but when u use game mode it will give you a smoky film look, I adjusted my settings on TV and it fixed it right up. Some Samsung TV calibrated settings tell u to to have sharpness at 0 but thats not all true on some sets. I put mine to 50 and it looks a lot better, but some look better at 0 depends on your set.

I started with Movie mode, then calibrated settings then move it to Game mode from there with adjusted settings and HDR on the PS4 and game itself.

I an post my settings not sure how they will work for you but maybe will help or look up Darko on youtube for your model I highly recommend his settings for anyone's model.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:43 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
I have a samsung not same model but when u use game mode it will give you a smoky film look, I adjusted my settings on TV and it fixed it right up. Some Samsung TV calibrated settings tell u to to have sharpness at 0 but thats not all true on some sets. I put mine to 50 and it looks a lot better, but some look better at 0 depends on your set.

I started with Movie mode, then calibrated settings then move it to Game mode from there with adjusted settings and HDR on the PS4 and game itself.

I an post my settings not sure how they will work for you but maybe will help or look up Darko on youtube for your model I highly recommend his settings for anyone's model.
I was browsing his channel and didn't see a video for the KS8000.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »