Home

For Those Who Are Not Buying MLB The Show 18, Why Not?

This is a discussion on For Those Who Are Not Buying MLB The Show 18, Why Not? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2018, 05:32 PM   #41
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For Those Who Are Not Buying MLB The Show 18, Why Not?

Due to the removal of On line franchise, I wouldn't have gotten it had I not pre ordered (digitally) as soon it was possible. It's kind of hard to take when you have a league that has been around since '14 and have dealt with the issues and stuck with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 06:45 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Are you saying you got a refund on your purchase?
Preorder mate
Old 03-27-2018, 07:56 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 1

i've only played the online franchise mode for the past 5 years.

so thats my reason. however in the past i used to play a lot of exhibition games in those HOF lobbies they used to have. i may buy the game later on in the year just play online but i doubt it.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #44
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
I think the negatives outweigh the positives. I'm not buying it now. I may buy it later used.

I haven't bought the game since 2015. Primary reason for that was I haven't had enough time to play PS4, but lately the primary reason has shifted to disappointment with the direction the game is going.
Plus, if you bought the game you'd have to update your OS handle. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:30 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Bought a PS4 at launch for this series. Bought the game every year at release except this year. Why? It didn't improve enough to warrant another purchase. Last year's game was more of a frustrating experience than all of the others for me and my buddy I do a franchise with. The hitting was constantly getting worse and worse very patch and is ultimately what killed our franchise as we either scored 10 runs a game with six 550 foot homers per game or were getting shutout once a series and totaling 15 runs a month.

Add on top of that a franchise mode that has gotten incredibly stale and it lead to this. I am all about franchise mode. I could live with the user hitting on classic being messed up again as I'd do manage only mode if need be, but I can not live with franchise mode taking a backseat year after year. I have always been and always will be a franchise, dynasty, legacy, CFM, etc. guy. Give me a detailed, immersive franchise that grants me as much customization as you can imagine and is so deep I may need multiple seasons to get a hang of everything. That is what I want from sports games. Unfortunately more and more sports games are going away from focusing on franchise mode and it is why I haven't bought Madden in 2 or 3 years now and am skipping The Show this year.

Out of the Park gives me what I want and I'll be sticking with that. It's a shame, too, because I bought both in the past and didn't view them as competitors, but as just more baseball to play. Now I'm down to only getting one because it improves where I want it to while the other game is going in a direction away from me like other sports games. It's sad, but I am used to it at this point with how dark it has been for us sports gamers the last 10 years or so.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 08:58 PM   #46
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Two Reasons...one primary reason and one secondary reason

1) I dont own a PS4

2) OOTP 19 is so good that im not in a rush to go get a PS4.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:07 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Two Reasons...one primary reason and one secondary reason

1) I dont own a PS4

2) OOTP 19 is so good that im not in a rush to go get a PS4.
I love OOTP but until you can actually play a game other than just a text-sim on OOTP, it's like comparing your AM/FM/CD on your car radio to a HDTV with Direct/Dish satellite.
And I'm not necessarily saying OOTP is the car radio. In fact, I enjoy & get more use out of my radio than TV.

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 03-27-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:14 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 24

I don't feel their development this year warrants a full-price purchase, not to mention their overall tone and messaging has been very disappointing, especially regarding franchise mode. Now, hearing that there are numerous bugs in RTTS and just even more oversights, I'm fine with waiting.

OOTP is a great franchise experience and will suffice until I feel like buying the Show used, maybe in May or June.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »