Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2004, 12:33 PM   #1297
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
baseball88 said:
Not me I have him rated in the 40's for hitting and I'm not sure for power
Like I said those are not my roster set.

Kerm

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

So you're telling me that the file MVPBasebal_GomerKermF.zip is not your roster file? That is the one I am using where Prince Fielder is rated like Pujols.

If that's not yours then it's weird that it has your name in it.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:34 PM   #1298
Pro

OVR: 8

My god fellas. You can either use their rosters or not. Nobody said that you had to use them in the first place. When gomer and Kerm first started doing this everyone was on their jock strap. Now instead of seeing people asking when is the next update your complaining about pitches, speeds, who cares. I have a question for all the critics. How about instead of complaining you go and put out your own set of rosters with edits and everything then post them here at OS, because you have all the answers then we can see what your really about.

There are many that have appreciated Kerm and Gomer for what they have done for this game like myself. They weren't even asking for money, all their work was done for free and yet you still complain.

If someone does something nice for others you thank him not spit in his face and insult him. Show some appreciation fellas. I don't see you putting any rosters out, I don't see you making numerous updates, do you know everyones batting stance. Oh yeah I don't know how many times people said Gomer/Kerm are dodging questions, whatever. After everyone of these ridiculous posts they have been their defending themselves.

Don't mess it up for everyone else because your the one with the problem. You can either use the rosters or make your own (stop being lazy).

Enough of this bandwagon flaming.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:50 PM   #1299
MVP

Badgun's Arena

njkroc said:
My god fellas. You can either use their rosters or not. Nobody said that you had to use them in the first place. When gomer and Kerm first started doing this everyone was on their jock strap. Now instead of seeing people asking when is the next update your complaining about pitches, speeds, who cares. I have a question for all the critics. How about instead of complaining you go and put out your own set of rosters with edits and everything then post them here at OS, because you have all the answers then we can see what your really about.

There are many that have appreciated Kerm and Gomer for what they have done for this game like myself. They weren't even asking for money, all their work was done for free and yet you still complain.

If someone does something nice for others you thank him not spit in his face and insult him. Show some appreciation fellas. I don't see you putting any rosters out, I don't see you making numerous updates, do you know everyones batting stance. Oh yeah I don't know how many times people said Gomer/Kerm are dodging questions, whatever. After everyone of these ridiculous posts they have been their defending themselves.

Don't mess it up for everyone else because your the one with the problem. You can either use the rosters or make your own (stop being lazy).

Enough of this bandwagon flaming.

For the sake of brevity, I'm just going to cut and paste this from a previous post in this thread. Used with the author's permission:

Tell you what, I'm going to voice my opinion no matter how unpopular it becomes. You don't like it, don't read it. I'm not about to sit here and kiss someone's a$$ for fear they don't make rosters again. Look around, chief...there's a lot of other people making rosters and they don't screw with the integrity of the game either. If you haven't noticed by now, there's more than a handful of people complaining about weird pitch movements and unhittable scrub pitchers. This is a result of someone, either Gomer or Kerm, messing with something that they have no business messing with...plain and simple. If you want to have a lovefest with them even though some AA pitcher you never heard of has a 1.03 ERA for the season, go right ahead. I'm looking for realism, not some scrub striking me out 16 times because he has a 50 mph curve ball that hangs in the air and then miraculously takes a 45 degree drop to the right.

Personally, I have already mentioned how grateful I was that they took the time to get every team's 75 man roster as close as it can possibly be to real life. I think they did a bang up job and I tip my hat to them....BUT, they should have stopped there. Messing with pitch movements and giving guys like Roy Halladay an extra pitch "that he's working on" is just plain stupid.

At first, these guys came of like geniuses with their great AAA and AA rosters, but then it was like "let's see what we can f*ck with next".

I'm simply not going to pat someone on the back for messing up the integrity of the game for fear they quit making rosters. As it is, these rosters are unusable for me anyway because of all the screwiness with the pitching movements.

Like I've said in many other posts, I commend Gomer and Kerm for their great work with the roster set, but they should have left the pitching alone because they don't have a clue what they're doing.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but I'm sick and tired of yes men like you telling me to walk on egg shells around here. They screwed up by fooling with the pitching and I called them to task for it. And if you haven't noticed, I'm not the only one.

The only thing that could save these rosters for me would be for them to redo the roster set with the original pitching movements and speeds for all the pitchers in the game.

And if you don't believe the pitching is screwed up, just simulate a season and check out the stats of the pitchers in AA and AAA. Half of the league will have ERAs around 2 and the leading hitter might hit .280 if he's lucky. You will also find a ton of major league pitchers that you've never heard of that are completely unhittable. Try it for yourself if you don't believe me.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:06 PM   #1300
MVP

Another day, another Gomer Gestapo member to the rescue.

You guys are sounding like a broken record.

Why is it not ok to ask questions about their roster work when someone notices a problem? Does it automatically erase the fact that Kerm and Gomer, Kerm especially, did a lot of really good things with these rosters? No, but you people act like it's the most taboo thing in the world to raise any questions.

Bottom line: pitch breaks and speeds on created pitchers are completely unrealistic with these rosters. This isn't Baseball Simulator 1.000, it is a realistic simulation. When you give pitchers breaking balls that are more suited for a backyard game of wiffle ball than a major league game, there is a problem. At the same time, that doesn't mean that nobody appreciates all the things he did right. Jesus. Get a clue, please. You would think after reading so many other oh so intelligent people say "use the rosters or don't, man, blah blah" that people would give it a rest. Nope.

Oh, and Kerm, maybe you are the one who should go back and read Badgun's post again. He mentioned that the 53 mph curveball belonged to some scrub on the Milwaukee Brewers, not Casey Daigle.

Daigle's 82 mph curve seems a bit too fast, but I don't have much of an issue with it because at least it breaks in the correct direction. Compared to some of the other wacky stuff, I don't care about that at all.

I am also seriously wondering if you play the game after making any of your adjustments. It would seem that you would be able to see what Badgun, myself and some others are talking about pretty easily and hopefully correct it if you did.

I am sick and tired of putting in a qualifier about how I still appreciate your work every time I post, because it falls on deaf ears anyway, so I'll just leave it at that.

I look forward to checking out your next update.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:36 PM   #1301
MVP

Badgun's Arena

Well I think the funny thing is that Kerm continues to deny that the rosters we are using are his even though it says in the name of the file bigger than life MVPBasebal_GomerKermF.zip .

Granted, I understand he made these rosters for the pc and Gomer ported them over to the Xbox, so is the real villain here Gomer? I guess it doesn't matter, but maybe Kerm could go a long way to clearing this up by just saying that Gomer is the one screwing with the rosters if that's what's going on here.

I'll say it one last time and I won't say it again. The pitch movements and speeds in these rosters are all screwed up. Whoever decided that it would be cool to give guys 53 MPH curve balls and other pitches that break unrealistically screwed up royally. You should use these rosters at your own risk because if you use them, you are going to see a lot of scrub pitchers that are unhittable because whoever fooled with the pitches didn't have a clue what he was doing. You can either edit each and every created pitcher in the game or you can live with stupid, crazy, unrealistic pitches by about half the pitchers in the game.

The actual completeness of these rosters is awesome...the tampering with the pitches however makes them virtually unusable for anyone that cares anything about real baseball.

Again, use at your own risk!

I also think that if OS is going to host these rosters that they should make Gomer put up a disclaimer stating that they have screwed the pitch movements and speeds up so that people will know what they are getting into before they start their dynasty over thinking that these rosters are the best out there...they are not. I'd like to see John Doe comment on this because if it was my site, I wouldn't host these rosters until the pitch speeds and movements were fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2004, 02:32 PM   #1302
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can someone please link me to Gomer's roster file so I can download it?
Old 05-15-2004, 03:24 PM   #1303
Banned

OVR: 5

You sound like a broken record Badgun, I got a big headache already, and I just woke up save the Drama man!

Oh BTW Prince Fielder has "Extrodinary" Power and probably the most in AA and AAA he hit 27 home runs and 112 RBI for the Snappers Hes not 1 Year outta High School more like 2, Ive seen the guy hit shot after shot in the Upper Deck in Cinergy Field
and in Milwakee Before the Draft albeit they Were tryouts Im 30 Years old and never seen anyone Hit the Ball like he does.

actual excerpt:
highest power rating on the scale according to most scouts. (being rated a perfect 80 on the 20-80 scouting scale) Plate patience and raw bat explosiveness come naturally to Prince.

His Defense and Offense are rated very appropriate!

Now not just a few scouts are saying this ALL of em are!

When you decide to make your own rosters then you can decide what players get rated what!
Old 05-15-2004, 03:58 PM   #1304
* d*n't b*l**v* *n g*ns.

snivlem's Arena

GomerPyle said:
When you decide to make your own rosters then you can decide what players get rated what!

amen.

I think people have voiced their complaints and need to back off and go play some other game and quit their f-ing complaining. If I were you gomer and kerm, I'd quit replying to those posts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »