Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2005, 05:11 PM   #249
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennox
The majority of my runs so far are coming off the long ball - I hold up for the first strike or two (depending on the batter) and then look to go with the pitch once I have a strike or two on me (i.e. press outside on the analog if the pitch is outside, down if it is low, etc.) - how are others faring in terms of their run production balance?
I'm facing the same thing Lennox. I'm hoping for a few more doubles, a few less home runs, and a couple less "cheap" singles up the middle that my second baseman just can't get to for some reason. Not sure how pitch speed can help, but maybe the outfield speed is slightly too fast...cutting off a few too many balls from rolling in the gap from what I can see. CPU contact may be helpful too.

What do you think Pared? Any particular sliders that you're messing with that may fix this slight imbalance? Pitching is awesome and I'm not having trouble scoring, just manufacturing runs without the 3 run homer seems to be the problem.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:19 PM   #250
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8

Pared,

great sliders as usual, they awesome last year as well. keep up the good work, a lot of us really appreciate the effort you put out in creating these. just a couple of questions the cpu sometimes hits a hard ground ball through the hole and it rolls all the way to the wall, i seen this in last year's version as well. should i increase the user OF speed or should i just drop cpu's hiiting contact a couple of notches, overall though awesome sliders...................sjj2xs
Old 02-28-2005, 05:24 PM   #251
MVP

OVR: 18

Wow I just had an amazing game in my Cincy Dynasy.

Reds(ME) vs Mets

The final score was 5-0 for the Mets but it came in the top of the 8th where Piazza hit a Grand Slam. The whole game was very tight and very defensive. Pedro was killing me. he finished with 11 SO and left the game in the 9th. My pitching got better at around the 6th inning, yea I didn't know I had to hold the button down to the bottom and then get it in the green to get strong pitches. But after all, it was a great game and it was so much fun, even losing is fun! Great sliders man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2005, 05:37 PM   #252
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

Pared.....

thanks for the sliders...can someone help me understand the effects of the CPU swing frequency slider

If I increase will it make the CPU swing at more strikes in the zone (less patience) because I haven't notice a change in swing at pitches out of the zone.

Also, does pitching to and knowing where a batter's cold zones are make them chase more balls and miss more strikes? I ask because it seems that before I removed the hot/cold zones I got more strikes, now the CPU is killing me. I get great battles (6 and 8 pitches per batter) , but they normally end in a walk, ground/fly out, or hit, not strike out.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 02-28-2005, 07:45 PM   #253
Pro

OVR: 7

Hey guys, i just picked up the games and i'm dying to try pared's sliders, but my browser wont let me load the first page and i cant find the sliders anywhere else. can someone please do me a huge, huge favor and post the sliders and any changes he has made or you guys have discussed? as always, thanks so much for all the hard work pared.

ps. how do you pronounce "pared"...is it like pahred or is it like payred or what? just curious. thanks again everyone!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:48 PM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 2

can someone post or tell me where the most updated sliders are? i dont wanna look through all 20+ pages, sorry im lazy. thanks in advance
Old 02-28-2005, 07:58 PM   #255
Rookie

The changes Pared made are on page 8 of this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2005, 08:11 PM   #256
Rookie

When will be seeing some more updates Pared? I don't want to rush you, I love the sliders, but I just want an update. I got the ones on page 8 and can't wait for more. There are still a couple problems I have such as not being able to pick any one off and cpu hitting too many homers etc., and I can't wait for the next update and know it will be good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »