Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2005, 05:55 PM   #281
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Just had one long game in Dynasty with me as Red Sox vs Yankees on first game... It lasted 15 innings before I blew it in the 15th 2-0

Schilling vs Johnson Schill had about 5 k's and Randy had about 6 k's then I had Embree come in after CPU got a few hits. Then came Flash Gordon who struck out 1 guy, then the CPU intentially walked one of my guys TO THEN HAVE BELLHORN GO INTO A DOUBLE PLAY. Both of use brought in Closers Foulke who lasted about 4 innings and Rivera lasted from 9th to 15th! Eventually I brought in Timlin to relieve for foulke and he started with a stike out then a little dinger up middle to womack. I was saying "hmm... let's see if Jeter can handle a 96 on his hands" and he ended up hitting a game winning homerun bah... Great game especially for first of the year. (Not my first time playing first game, opening game of season)

Last edited by Briman123; 03-01-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2005, 06:30 PM   #282
Banned

OVR: 1

So do these sliders give good realistic results?
Old 03-01-2005, 06:33 PM   #283
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister
So do these sliders give good realistic results?
Try them and find out.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:37 PM   #284
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't know if it is just the way I pitch, but it seems like the HRs I give up are to the hitters with not much power. I just played the Twins and gave up HRs to Rivas, Bartlett and Mauer but was able to really dominant Morneau and Hunter. Rivas has hit 3 HRs off me now in just a few games played vs the Twins, he is a tribe killer!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:03 PM   #285
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Here's the initial release!

Remember, this is still a work in progress, so enjoy, and don't forget that feedback is always key!

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders v. 0.5

Difficulty: All-Star
Strike Zone: Off
Hot/Cold Zones: Fade
Pitch Cursor: Fade or Off
Variable "Stuff": On

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -23
Pitch Speed: -5 (or default, no big difference, except off speed pitches are harder to hit on -5)
CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 8
User Pitcher Fatigue: 0
CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 0
User Pitch Control: -50 (Yes, that's right.)
CPU Pitch Control: -5
Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0
Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0
User Batting Contact: 0
CPU Batting Contact: 18 (You have to offset the increased foul balls)
User Batting Power: 0 (Seems fine... for now)
CPU Batting Power: 0 (Again, seems fine)
User Bunting Ability: 0
CPU Bunting Ability: 0
User Foul Ball Frequency: 50 (Trust me... you're going to get into some MEMORABLE at bats!)
CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 45
CPU Swing Frequency: -26
User OF Speed (Manual): 0
User OF Speed (MVP): 0
CPU OF Speed: 0
User IF Speed (Manual): -6
User IF Speed (MVP): -6
CPU IF Speed: -6
User Throw Speed: 0
CPU Throw Speed: 0
User Throw Accuracy: -8
CPU Throw Accuracy: -5
User Catch Errors: 0
CPU Catch Errors: 0
User Dive Difficulty: 0
CPU Catch Effort: -25
User Baserunning Speed: 3
CPU Baserunning Speed: 3
User Runner Aggression: 5
CPU Runner Aggression: 5
User Runner Steal Speed: 0
CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0
User Runner Steal Delay: -4
CPU Runner Steal Delay: -4
CPU Steal Rate: 8
Runner Injury Frequency: 0
Pitcher Injury Frequency: 0
Batter Injury Frequency: 0
Fielder Injury Frequency: 7
Pitching MG Difference: 0

PHEW! As you can see the list is long, but I have to give lots of credit to the MVP development team, as this game was REALLY great out of the box. Even though it is great out of the box, here is a list of improvements this version addresses:

-Pitch counts; Increased for both User and CPU
-The slow baserunners can no longer be thrown out on plays where the fielder dives, spins, adjusts his crotch, checks out the hot girl in the third row, and then throws to first. Ichiro/Pierre still blaze down the line, but not inbelievably so.
-CPU Batters will now take a first pitch strike here and there, plus can get caught looking with proper pitching strategies. Their contact was raised to allow more solid contact and to also offset the increased number of fouls.
-Increased number of foul balls hit.
-User has a LOT less control when pitching. Missing the perfect zone allows for pitches to miss their spots immensely, directly correlated to the meter. In other words, the further you are from the Perfect zone, the more you will see how off the pitch is from the initial spot.
-Meter is a bit tougher to hit the Perfect spot all the time. You really must work for it.
-Baserunners are more aggressive. I'm not done with steal delay and steal speed. The steal delay has to be a lot less, so you can get the impression that a runner "takes off" as soon as they think the pitcher commits to home. Must be offset by Steal speed, however.

Some notes:

-The sliders with (MVP) next to them are the speeds of the players when the CPU is controlling them, before the user takes control.
-Some few have said they've been able to throw players out at first from line drives to RF... while I have not seen it, keep in mind the stadium you're playing in. The baserunning speed increase should help this as well.
-I have not done any testing on any other levels, as I still have much more to look at on the All-Star level.

There you have it, a very early set so you can get an idea of what's being tweaked. Constructive comments/feedback always welcome!

Enjoy!
Damn Nice! Very...VERY similar to my own sliders except I have pitch speed set to 27 (Personal preference, but,it makes trying to make solid contact on the 98mph heater hard...as it should be, and against a guy who hides the ball? forget it! Fun though!) I also raised the fatigue level, but am still toying with it, so I am not set on an exact number yet. I raised the user power to 10, but that may be just my problem with hitting dingers, but this helps me. I also raised the CPU swing frequency instead of lowering it and have not found much difference ( I was hoping to get guys to chase stuff) Everything else is within +/- 2 points of what you have and with these settings MVP is the BEST baseball game I have ever played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2005, 08:23 PM   #286
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
So what made the difference? That they would crush your pitches and you were afraid to throw in the strike zone? or were they fouling the ball off because they were making contact? also how many walks did each team give up? thanks
Well, the CPU noticeably hit the ball harder, and as a result I was hesitant to constantly throw in the strike zone all the time. While the pitch count was a helluva lot better, unfortunately I only gave up one walk. So I'm turning the Fatigue and CPU power up more. I drew 5 walks. Hope this helps.

Last edited by GamerOfTheWorld; 03-01-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:20 PM   #287
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey Pared, when can we expect an update?
Old 03-01-2005, 11:18 PM   #288
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm starting to think something might need to be done with outfield speed and baserunning speed to get a few more doubles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »