Home

Weekly Challenge

This is a discussion on Weekly Challenge within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2015, 03:16 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Weekly Challenge

Everything is fine with weekly challenges, you get the rewards.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:03 PM   #90
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

It looks like Vernon Maxwell sucks, how's Kenny Smith though? Nice offensive numbers wonder how his release is. I'm hoping he could break my lineup in the 6th seed off the bench.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:50 AM   #91
Rookie

it is rly sad how the just use the historic Player stats from completly different years for all these new rewards
couldnt be any more lazy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
It looks like Vernon Maxwell sucks, how's Kenny Smith though? Nice offensive numbers wonder how his release is. I'm hoping he could break my lineup in the 6th seed off the bench.
Smith's shot release is very quick. You'll have no problem getting it off. His lack of speed and defense are his major liabilities. You'll probably be better off using Smith as a shooting guard instead of a point guard in Road to the Playoffs, unless your opponent is using someone slow like Steve Kerr at PG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I remember being kind of excited about Thorpe in 2K15...and then...yeah, not really. Kind of a shame how this game ends up leading to the mental undervaluing of a lot of really formidable legends.
I like silver Kenny Smith and silver Robert Horry, but the gold Otis Thorpe card that you get as the reward for beating the Rockets IV challenge was definitely not worth 2.5 hours of game time and 4 games of player contracts.

He's undersized at 6'10". He's not much of a threat in any situation on offense. His post defense seems very underrated from how I remember him playing. And his rebounding seems pretty underrated for a guy who averaged close to a double double during the prime years of his career.

I don't see any use for this Otis Thorpe card when there are tons of superior post players in the gold and silver tiers available for 2,000 MT or less on the auction house.

2K should have picked a different team than the Rockets for this challenge since they obviously weren't going to give us a free Olajuwon card. Or at least go with the 1994-1995 Rockets and give us a gold Drexler instead if they absolutely had to pick a Houston team.

I like and still use gold Iguodala, even in the unrestricted RTTP seeds. But this Thorpe card will never see the floor for my team.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-26-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #93
Rookie

AussieAdz19's Arena

Yeah Thorpe was a really bad decision and it is not a first. Bill Cartwright was a collection reward for one of the Bulls Collections last year. If we were doing players from recent times, I would of been happy with a Boston Rondo since he's been playing some good ball with these Kings.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #94
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Any idea what the next week series is going to be?
Old 11-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #95
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

It'll probably be the Phoenix Suns with Dan Majerle as the reward, if 2K gives us the next lowest rated reward card in the series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2015, 02:01 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 2

Looks like the Pistons. 80 rated Aguirre is 3rd card, 88 rated Isiah Thomas as the ultimate prize.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »