Home

NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2019, 04:29 PM   #105
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by squibblerqwq
In general, the 2K franchise has been headed down the wrong path for a while now. My first 2K was 2K10, so I got to experience the gem of a game that is 2K11. I absolutely hate the scripted, cash-grab of a gamemode that MyCareer has become. Fortunately, there is still a dedicated group of simulation folks on this site keeping this game alive for me.
You ever watch 2KTV when they ask the question what mode do you play the most? MyLeague is always dead last and usually in single digits percentage wise. That's not good for the rest of us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2019, 07:28 PM   #106
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by squibblerqwq
In general, the 2K franchise has been headed down the wrong path for a while now. My first 2K was 2K10, so I got to experience the gem of a game that is 2K11. I absolutely hate the scripted, cash-grab of a gamemode that MyCareer has become. Fortunately, there is still a dedicated group of simulation folks on this site keeping this game alive for me.

Ihate NBA2k11, for offline players who are OCD about stats, the stat glitch and the lack of offensive rebounding ruined that game. I hated both NBA2k11 and 12. It was either 13 or 14, when they finally fixed the stat glitch, although sim stats still arent perfect, but better than they were back then. Sure 11 had some positives, but IMO it was worst game as was 12, as far as Im concerned. Both of those yrs, I almost gave up on NBA2k and went to text sim basketball that Wolverine sports puts out.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-01-2020, 03:48 PM   #107
Pro

"2K actually completely destroyed my set. Not sure I have the heart to do this bs again. God I hate this game."

That's from Shady Mike's Twitter. Hopefully no one here is getting that discouraged. I'm hoping he still tries, but his frustration is completely understandable.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:10 PM   #108
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb1976
"2K actually completely destroyed my set. Not sure I have the heart to do this bs again. God I hate this game."

That's from Shady Mike's Twitter. Hopefully no one here is getting that discouraged. I'm hoping he still tries, but his frustration is completely understandable.

The life of a slider guru. Sometimes you just need to take a break from the game and let 2K get their **** together. Otherwise you end up putting in countless hours just for 2K to set you back to square one.

Tweaking sliders gets very tedious very fast. Re-treading tweaks you had previously settled on makes you want to snap the disk and forget about the game for good.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:56 PM   #109
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

That’s why i disconnect from the internet. Only if there is a huge shoe or player likeness update will I reconnect . Been doing this for 2 years now. I refuse to have those clowns at 2k mess with my sliders with there ridiculous updates.
Maybe that is why I’m getting a different experience with my sliders. I have not connected on line in weeks.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:17 AM   #110
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
That’s why i disconnect from the internet. Only if there is a huge shoe or player likeness update will I reconnect . Been doing this for 2 years now. I refuse to have those clowns at 2k mess with my sliders with there ridiculous updates.

Maybe that is why I’m getting a different experience with my sliders. I have not connected on line in weeks.

Yea, unfortunately I stay connected because I want to make sure what I’m experiencing is the same thing the people who use my set will experience. If I was just tweaking for myself though I would 100% disconnect from 2K’s servers
Old 01-02-2020, 12:43 AM   #111
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
The life of a slider guru. Sometimes you just need to take a break from the game and let 2K get their **** together. Otherwise you end up putting in countless hours just for 2K to set you back to square one.

Tweaking sliders gets very tedious very fast. Re-treading tweaks you had previously settled on makes you want to snap the disk and forget about the game for good.
I'm sure that's why with each passing year the amount of people doing slider work dwindles. I wish somehow 2K could/would have MyLeague and MyGM completely seperate from anything to do with Park and MyTeam. I honestly feel they should make seperate games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2020, 10:42 PM   #112
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb1976
I'm sure that's why with each passing year the amount of people doing slider work dwindles. I wish somehow 2K could/would have MyLeague and MyGM completely seperate from anything to do with Park and MyTeam. I honestly feel they should make seperate games.

It’s mind boggling that they don’t. Those who play online want to cheese with their MyPlayer they spent $100+ to max out, and that in no way reflects true aim basketball.

Hopefully this issue is resolved for next gen so that online modes are a separate entity from offline modes so that 2K can push their ridiculous bi-weekly “fixes” to appease the crying 12 year olds on Twitter without screwing up the offline gameplay more than it already is.

Maybe then we can even get realistic fouls offline without scaring the online crowd away from playing the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »