Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #1505
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

So I was playing my career and I got to a point where it said I unlocked the lebron coast to coast signature skill and the lebron dunk package. I can't find where the dunk package is or how to equip it. I only see general named dunk animations and a jordan one. Can someone clarify?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #1506
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
Do plays not work properly for everyone else too? It's just they seem to break extremely often, and even with full play art on, the plays only initiate when you're standing on a particular point on the floor (not like 2k13 where it would tell you where to go as soon as you move past half-court).

The weird thing is, plays run perfectly in the team scrimmage games. I'm a shooting guard and in the scrimmage we finally run plays that send me off multiple screens for open looks, something that never happens in the actual games.

Hopefully it's a bug that 2k's aware of and can be fixed in a patch
I hope this gets patched. This mode is unplayable for me right now because of this. I have only played about 5 games or so. If they don't patch I will just skip this mode this year. I made my SG have strong shooting attributes but without any plays being run I never get open looks. When I play quick game I run plays about 90% of the time. I hate freelancing and that seems to be all you can do in this mode right now. I hate having to try to force offense just because the game is broken and plays are not being called. It begs the question again of do they even test the game? This has been a problem for years now in current gen and has still happened again on next gen nba 2k.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #1507
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportskid84
I keep getting a CE-34878-0 error after I play the denver nuggets,anybody else getting that error?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Edit*

I heard removing gear on your my player will fix that issue is that true?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #1508
Pro

I started playing MyCareer today since I finally picked up my PS4 on friday. But I'm confused. First I get some serious talk with the GM because I obviously ignored my teammates in a timeout (which I didn't intend to, I just wanted to skip the game), then I wanted to do some practice to learn my jumpshot but had to see that there is no such thing anymore. Also I wanted to buy some accessories, sleeves, headband, etc., but I couldn't find any of these in the My Player Store. How can I get them?
Old 12-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #1509
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iker30
I started playing MyCareer today since I finally picked up my PS4 on friday. But I'm confused. First I get some serious talk with the GM because I obviously ignored my teammates in a timeout (which I didn't intend to, I just wanted to skip the game), then I wanted to do some practice to learn my jumpshot but had to see that there is no such thing anymore. Also I wanted to buy some accessories, sleeves, headband, etc., but I couldn't find any of these in the My Player Store. How can I get them?
Wait until patch 3 that should be out within the next few days to start a new MyCareer

The gear will be put back after the patch probably it was taken out because it was causing the errors
Old 12-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #1510
Rookie

so I've noticed that every time i go into the 3rd quarter, i'm ice cold and cant hit anything. layups,mid, even dunks bonk out, then in the 4th i can get back hot again.
also is anyone else annoyed that every time the announcer goes to a cut scene its about wilt chamberlain? every time i shoot a free throw or its a time out, they bring up the same damn wilt stats
Old 12-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #1511
Rookie

Sigh,

So, my team is up on Phoenix 55 - 27 at the half...

I skip to the next time I'm in and it's 11:46 left in the 4th and we're now down 75 - 65!!!

And I now have the goal of "Lead us back and get the win"

I'm like WTF?!! and go look at the stats and it says Pho scored 48 pts in the third while holding us to ONLY 8 pts

So I lead a furious 3 min run in which we tie the score up. THEN I get the next goal of "I know you think your a star, prove it and score 10 straight points"

WTF?!!!! I'm a PASS FIRST PG WHO JUST LED A 10 POINT RUN TO TIE THE GAME UP!!!

Now coach is basically telling me "screw your teammates and the things you did to get us back in this game"...SMH...

So, for example, I get a steal on the baseline and 3 of my guys race to the other end, but I dare not pass it to them for a 3 on 0 break, no I have to dribble the length of the ENTIRE floor, outrace Phoenix and score to keep up with what coach wants...SMH...

So, whatever...I accomplish THAT goal, but we still lose, 99 - 95 cause I'm dead tired and can't hit anymore jumpers at the end.

So we get to the press conference and guess what? The question asked by the reporter (a PROFESSIONAL being paid to cover a pro sports team) is "Your team was getting blown out, and then you came in and were able to help them rally back for the WIN. How did that make you feel?"

Uhh...My team WAS BLOWING OUT THE OTHER TEAM, and we LOST...

So after the press conference, coach calls me into his office and says he's going to reward me by giving me more mins...

Uh coach? I'm already at 28 mins a game, and I'm your 6th man. The only way I'm going to get more mins is if you make me a starter. But never mind coach, we're only on our 21st game and even though I'm a 87 ovr and Isaiah Thomas (who is hurt for 2-4 weeks) is a 75 and your starting Ray Mccallum, who is a 66 in his place, don't worry about it. I'll just keep coming off the bench for another 12 games. For the good of the team. Even though we're now 8 - 13.

Oh did I mention you drafted me 7th, and Mccallum was a 2nd round pick? And I destroyed him in practice?

Yeah, I'm fine still coming off the bench, cause as a young player nothing's going to be handed to me in the NBA. Even though Mccallum is also a rookie.

SMH 2K....SMH...

Last edited by oouie433; 12-15-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #1512
Rookie

So ive asked and still can't get an answer, where is the dunk package i've "unlocked" usable? I cant see it anywhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »