Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #4665
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
I have very similar problems when I get doubled. Except when I get doubled every one runs away from me resulting in more jump balls. I've upped my off awareness which seems to have helped getting out of double teams.
Speaking of jump balls, has anyone noticed that when you win the jump the other team gets the ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For me it's always jimmy butlers guy all game every game and he SO abosolutley useless. Averaging 2 points A game and zero everything else's o don't want him to start but anyway, none else is open and when I pass to him it's lift rally pointless cause no matter where he is if he doesn't pass it back and takes the rare shot it misses surprise right! So anyway I bassically avoid giving him the ball at all cost
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #4666
Rookie

I got put on the Lakers....with LBJ and Kobe. Woww this will be interesting hah.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #4667
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Still in my first year. I've been playing games off and on. Kind of forgot about MyCareer for a while while I played MyGM. Anyways...

Starting SG with the Suns. We just won game 7 of the second round to move on to the Western Conference Finals against the Spurs. I hit a game winning (series winning) 3 pointer as time expired over Westbrook, in Oklahoma. We are the 8th seed. Now playing the 1 seed in the Spurs. It took 7 games in both previous series, while the Spurs swept both. I'm not liking our chances of beating them.

Also in game 5 vs the Thunder, Eric Bledsoe dislocated his elbow, so I've been playing PG while Shannon Brown is back in the lineup as the 2. Which has actually helped us. We are both 3 point threats, and we seem to get a lot of assists to each other on open threes. Both of our assists and three pointers have increased since then.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #4668
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

First 2K playoff game EVER.. usually I've progressed on to the MLB franchise by now.. without even trying to take over I scored 67 and had 21 rebounds.. 7 offensive WITH putbacks. The game is still forcing me to make incredibly bad turnovers with guys giving me the ball in bad situations and losing it before I can do anything about it.. 7 turnovers by my SF in a playoff game AND still a 16 point win. I can only imagine how the series will turn on me.

The bad stuff was 5 guys for Portland in double figures.. Batum and Aldridge each with 23, Lopez with 20, Lillard 15 and McCollum 11.. there was NO defense played as the guards kept going around the TWolves defending them.. or trying to.

Best part of the game was the Michael Jordan "tweet" congratulating the scoring performance being higher than his 63

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 05-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #4669
Rookie

Blending into the Lakers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #4670
Banned

Why can't I act oops in the park? I can throw them but when one is thrown to me my guy hound up for it and everytime it sails right by him I though it was my hands so I upgraded them to 82 and it still happens. What's up?
Old 05-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #4671
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto500
Why can't I act oops in the park? I can throw them but when one is thrown to me my guy hound up for it and everytime it sails right by him I though it was my hands so I upgraded them to 82 and it still happens. What's up?
Everyone says it's because your tendency is 0.. and you're supposed to throw one to yourself off the backboard to make it work.. the problem is I haven't figured out how to throw one off the backboard to myself yet tried in 2 on 2 Park games a bunch of times with no success

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2014, 12:07 AM   #4672
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

I'm being punished.. BIG TIME for scoring 67 and boarding 21 in game 1 vs Portland.. in game 2 I can't buy a layup and can't get to the free throw line.. plus 4 TO in first half, 2 of those '2K turnovers'.. push to pass on open guy.. my guy stumbles a second to force a turnover when the pass IS made. Other two are the handoffs where I lose the ball on first dribble. 5 points for me with 5 minutes left in the second quarter.. been cold from the first missed layup without a whistle.

The worst part of this game may be that CJ McCollum is injured.. down to a 64 OVR and destroying the Wolves defense.. averaged all of 6 PPG and scored 11 in game 1.. has 12 at the half in game 2

Wouldn't mind losing a playoff game if it wasn't so blatantly obvious the game wasn't going to give me *ANY* chance to win it before it started. And to be down 18 after 3 quarters just sucks.. Portland has 27 assists to TWolves 13 after 3 quarters also..

Last edited by DHMN69; 05-11-2014 at 12:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »