Home

NBA 2k16 MyLeague: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 MyLeague: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 07:26 PM   #57
Rookie

davez's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k16 MyLeague: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Thanks, Dave.

As part of that, I'd really recommend asking what scrimmage mode is for? In my mind, I think it's for practicing against live opponents. And if that's the case, especially in the franchise modes, then it follows we should be able to practice anything that's available to us in games.

So that would include:
  • access to full offensive and defensive POE's
  • access to full defensive settings
  • access to freestyle offensive options
  • play style by the CPU opponent that follows along sim principles, instead of a bias toward fast breaks and three point shots -- that allows for better and more realistic practice when playing defense in half court
Historically, scrimmage has been a kind of playground five on five type of game where people just kind of run and shoot and mess around. If you control one side and choose not to play that way, to try to practice, it's a one sided practice, you only get to try to practice offense and fast break defense.

I'm not sure that has value in MyLeague or MyGM. There's no need for an experience that's more like the Park against the CPU.
Honestly, as I'm sure you've noticed, it's been something mostly ignored in franchise development the past few years (I didn't see a ton of people talking about it, so I wrongly assumed nobody really cared about it). What you point out makes perfect sense and we'll discuss improving this stuff in 2K17 now that I know people actually use this feature.

By the way, we've been discussing this and there's a chance we may be able to get some of the easier improvements -- like having the freestyle stuff available -- in Patch 3.
Novato, CA, USA

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List
Old 09-25-2015, 07:33 PM   #58
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan

Relocation:

The arena designing is pretty cool -- different arena types have different crowd capacities, some on the small side (16k) and some larger (21k). Arena can be decked out in team colors or other colors or no colors. Floor types are rather limited -- about five I think, but the honeycomb floor is there (for you Hornets fans).
One thing I'd like to expand on and Dave I was hoping you could shed some light on this, is it doesn't seem we're able to edit or recreate current arenas.

I pointed this out in another thread and basically I was hoping the Design Arena feature would also allow us to simply design new courts for current arenas. As it is, I cannot create a new floor design scheme for say the American Airlines Arena without having to contruct a "new building," even if it's still called the American Airlines Arena.

As this is something many teams do each year without obviously changing seats or the jumbotron, etc, I hope this is being looked into as a possibly for this year if not 2K17 for sure.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #59
Rookie

davez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Is tattoo customization being looked at for 2K17 as well? Also, I've noticed in the defensive shot charts that great rim protecting bigs give up 50%+ in the paint area. Does this actually affect sim stats? Gobert's rim FG% was around 40% last season in real life.
It would be a shame if we didn't get the tattoo stuff that you can do to your MyPLAYER in for the edit player in 2K17.

The shot chart stuff wasn't really looked at deeply in the simulator tuning. It works best with played games or SimCast Live games (which are played games). Just tuning the simulator at a high level (trying to get the guys at 1-10, 20, 50, 100, 200, and 300 to match up as close as possible to the real-life stats over the course of 80-year franchises) was a hell-ish task that had me drinking a bottle of vodka or whiskey every night to help me fall asleep over a four week period. The lower level stuff just wasn't in the realm of possibility (getting shots charts perfect or specific players perfect).
Novato, CA, USA

Old 09-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #60
Rookie

davez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
One thing I'd like to expand on and Dave I was hoping you could shed some light on this, is it doesn't seem we're able to edit or recreate current arenas.

I pointed this out in another thread and basically I was hoping the Design Arena feature would also allow us to simply design new courts for current arenas. As it is, I cannot create a new floor design scheme for say the American Airlines Arena without having to contruct a "new building," even if it's still called the American Airlines Arena.

As this is something many teams do each year without obviously changing seats or the jumbotron, etc, I hope this is being looked into as a possibly for this year if not 2K17 for sure.
There are technical and legal reasons why we couldn't do this. We'll probably re-visit the idea again, but while the technical reasons may be something we can overcome, I'm not sure if the legal ones can be.
Novato, CA, USA

Old 09-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #61
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez
There are technical and legal reasons why we couldn't do this. We'll probably re-visit the idea again, but while the technical reasons may be something we can overcome, I'm not sure if the legal ones can be.
Rats, I was hoping this wasn't one of the reasons. Always appreciate your honesty Dave

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0

Why does weight not have any effect? I tried making a MWP type cap for my draft class but he looks skinny like everybody else.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:07 PM   #63
Rookie

dangerzone1's Arena

OVR: 3

yes i agree with above poster. It would be nice if maybe rookie's are usually skinny and as they continue with there career they get bigger and stronger
Old 09-25-2015, 08:22 PM   #64
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

-On the subject of rebranding, one thing I'd really like to see implemented in the near future (and I thought/hoped it was when I saw the "Team Colors" edit option) is the ability to assign Team Colors 1 and 2 per each jersey each team has.

I've talked to Stauff at length about the desire to have a better system when it comes to headbands, accessories and shoe colors with how often teams change whether its from home to away or jersey to jersey. Even if it's only available in MyLeague and not the roster file as well.

You guys are certainly on the right track! And I'll hush about accessories now lol.

-Another thing Dave (and I'm sure I'll have more, I apologize, I'm distracted at a Marlins game at the moment lol) but proper veteran's minimum level contracts are still not available. This is literally the first "little thing" I check every year in MyLeague/Association lol.

I heard Da_Czar talk on a SimNation podcast how you guys are sometimes worried about overwhelming the user with all the CBA rules, to that I respectfully say F THAT! Those of us that play MyLeague WANT every rule you can possibly implement! If anything you guys could take a page from MLB the Show and have an in game manual of all the CBA rules.

Yes the MyPark, Play Now Online, Chris Broussard following majority would be confused, but come one, us MyLeague nerds??? I even taught my girlfriend the rules of the CBA lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »