Home

Evidence why next gen pick and roll and help defense needs lots of work still

This is a discussion on Evidence why next gen pick and roll and help defense needs lots of work still within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2020, 12:28 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Evidence why next gen pick and roll and help defense needs lots of work still

LOL, take a look at this one please, this must be the worst HELPD decision making I have ever seen on a computer game. This is like a comedy program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRvbSqq-JsM

I'd really, really like to know what made Ingles make this decision, btw he had 99 helpD attribute in this clip.

I have seen several other totally ******** decisions like this with very high helpD att, but this one tops them all.

Almost as if max helpD att is counterproductive
Old 12-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #74
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Evidence why next gen pick and roll and help defense needs lots of work still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedreanu
LOL, take a look at this one please, this must be the worst HELPD decision making I have ever seen on a computer game. This is like a comedy program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRvbSqq-JsM

I'd really, really like to know what made Ingles make this decision, btw he had 99 helpD attribute in this clip.

I have seen several other totally ******** decisions like this with very high helpD att, but this one tops them all.

Almost as if max helpD att is counterproductive

I believe the switching is tied into help D as well giving you these random results. Speaking of switching, I’m not sure why the option for you to pick no switching at all for your defense is not available. As of right now I believe you can only do bigs or guards separate from each other. Doesn’t make any sense.

No way you can be competitive with this game and say your having a good time with results like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #75
Rookie

You can have no switch if you put the hedge player at "stay attached". I think its a separate option, though. And it works only on PNRs, I guess, not for off-screens.

Btw, after experimenting a lot in MyLeague CPU vs CPU games (you can see two of those here - Suns trashed Lakers by 30, LOL) it seems guys from this forums have been right:

=> Play passing lanes has the greatest impact on the way players behave while playing HelpD.

But... the drawback is obvious... a lot less turnovers.

The best thing would be for 2k studios to just fix the bloody game.

Do they (da czar?) even read this forums?

How can one contact them and get some attention, because, its clear they have followed the pulse of the community, they fixed some issues from 2k20 version.

Last edited by Vedreanu; 12-06-2020 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2020, 03:40 PM   #76
MVP

Quote:
You can have no switch if you put the hedge player at "stay attached". I think its a separate option, though. And it works only on PNRs, I guess, not for off-screens.

Btw, after experimenting a lot in MyLeague CPU vs CPU games (you can see two of those here - Suns trashed Lakers by 30, LOL) it seems guys from this forums have been right:

=> Play passing lanes has the greatest impact on the way players behave while playing HelpD.

How can one contact them and get some attention, because, its clear they have followed the pulse of the community, they fixed some issues from 2k20 version.

If u switch the defensive settings to “switch all” it fixes the problem for the most part but u have to do it at the beginning of every game for the cpu........ I’ve played 5 games doing this is MyNba and have had some killer games with Schnaidt1 sliders and that 1 tweak to the cpu defensive settings

Old 12-06-2020, 03:51 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
If u switch the defensive settings to “switch all” it fixes the problem for the most part but u have to do it at the beginning of every game for the cpu........ I’ve played 5 games doing this is MyNba and have had some killer games with Schnaidt1 sliders and that 1 tweak to the cpu defensive settings
I've had "Switch all" for both onball and offball screens, but this setting didnt stick throughout game (again CPU vs CPU). Maybe "cut passing lanes" slider way producing problems there, as well, but I doubt it.

I think AI/ACE just takes on control after a short while in CPU vs CPU.

Thats very sad, I dont realize why 2K studios wont let us "play" in true Coach mode, that could be a hit.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:40 PM   #78
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

I don’t mean just switching on actual picks, I’m talking off screen switches as well. I should be able to pick no switching period, be it on the ball or off the ball.

Old 12-06-2020, 10:28 PM   #79
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood

Switch all on pick and rolls? Or you mean off/on-ball screens?
Old 12-06-2020, 10:39 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Switch all on pick and rolls? Or you mean off/on-ball screens?

I go to defensive coach settings and as the team focus I change it to “switch” and it helps a lot it seems

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »