Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #1569
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
Cesco, are you always in pro level or not ?

Can you post your tweak if your always with pro ?
Hi there Mourf. No I'm playing All-Star and got the grip on it. I'm 6-2 in my association with Orlando. CPU is dangerous but now I can contain it. Try to play easy on defense (yes easy, just try to stay always between your man and the basket), sag off players who drive all the time and play tight on all the shooters. Know where your players shoot best. For example the Turk is very versatile but the worst rating he has is on mid jumpers. I NEVER make him shoot mid jumpers, I try the three or else I drive for the paint, because he's very good on close and inside. He often scores this way or get a foul. It's pretty awesome this way.

Be patient on defense again. Stay in front and the contest shoot slider will help you on the drives by the opponent.

My only concern is FG%/Rebounds. My FG% after 8 games is 48% and CPU is 49% but going down every game. In my last game I grabbed 42 rebounds and Howard 11 (finally!) but my average is still 36 RPG. I only put 64 shooting foul slider because the CPU was committing double the fouls I did (I control every player on defense, I switch), and now it's better for me.

I'll post my averages after 10 games.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #1570
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok... exactly what i've seen

Yesterday I've did Boston @ Lakers , the first quater was good, play cool and concetrate and like you say in your post , Lead by +1 at the end...

During the second it's become hell on heart, i've missed all and I try lot of things for contain them but nothing work.

I'm sad cause it's so real and I see real nba Bball like Greenie has say but I have the impression that the most little mistake cannot be recoverable cause cpu take +12 then 20 in few minutes.

I sag off all player at the first minutes but seems don't work in the 2d QT the boost they take after ther first timeout is unstopable.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #1571
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

What rosters do 360 owners use with these sliders? How much does changing the team/coaching tendencies change the game?

I've been using A&S's slider set, but am thinking of trying these out for a bit until he comes up with his new All-Star set.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #1572
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
What rosters do 360 owners use with these sliders? How much does changing the team/coaching tendencies change the game?

I've been using A&S's slider set, but am thinking of trying these out for a bit until he comes up with his new All-Star set.
Take Rashidi's the real 2K roster, they're cool.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #1573
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just played my first game with these sliders (also first game on all-star). I was the Thunder at home against the Bulls. All stats are listed Bulls-Thunder:

Points 132-117
Field Goal % 58-54
3 Pt % 31-57 (I was 11 for 19; Durant and Westbrook made 6 straight early)
Free Throw% 82-92 (both teams went to the line 28 times)
Assists 30-21
Turnovers 12-21
Rebounds 39-28
Points in Paint 60-38
Fast Break Pts 20-0

I attribute a lot to me not having played in a while and then jumping up to all-star. Shooting %'s are a little high but I'll give that some time to see if it levels out.

Derrick Rose went for 34 pts, 13 ast, and 3 steals.
Ronnie Brewer had 23 pts, 8 boards, 4 ast, and 3 steals.

Durant had 41 pts, 3 boards, 3 ast, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.
Westbrook had 27 pts and 10 ast.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #1574
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
Ok... exactly what i've seen

Yesterday I've did Boston @ Lakers , the first quater was good, play cool and concetrate and like you say in your post , Lead by +1 at the end...

During the second it's become hell on heart, i've missed all and I try lot of things for contain them but nothing work.

I'm sad cause it's so real and I see real nba Bball like Greenie has say but I have the impression that the most little mistake cannot be recoverable cause cpu take +12 then 20 in few minutes.

I sag off all player at the first minutes but seems don't work in the 2d QT the boost they take after ther first timeout is unstopable.
You have to keep trying. I've passed through a lot of frustration too before winning some. And please, don't sag off everyone! Just sag off players who drive all the time (look at tendencies in the coaching menu) and C and PF who like the post thing. But watch out for people like Big Z and Bargnani, don't sag off them just because they are C! Play tight off ball too on good perimeter shooters, the ones who come off screens and pop a mid jumper or a 3.

Damn I lost my next game vs the Raptors, a Bargnaniless Raptors! Lost by 1 in OT! But I grabbed a ton of rebounds and Howard went again for 11. Numbers are settling, but CPU commits much more fouls than me so far, so I gave +2 to Human in the shooting fouls slider to see what happens. Also I lowered 1 click the Hands slider, because both me and CPU are averaging between 9 and 10 steals per game. I know this will go at the expense of turnovers, but it's a test. And I lost the Turk for 2-4 weeks! These are corrections made to cope with my style of play, they don't want to be universal. So stick with the original set, try to be competitive and maybe then adjust to your liking.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #1575
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon12 Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

so has anyone solved the rebounding problem yet? i remember early on everyone would get 45-55 rebounds a game, and now i can barely get 40...offensive rebounding really doesnt bother me, just total rebounding. as a cavs fan, i saw us get outrebounded by the magic 61-30...that cant happen with these sliders. i know theres a seperate thread talking about offensive rebounding, and im wanting to know if anyone has a sou.lution for me and probably everyone else on the rebounding problem.

also, i know alot of you guys use the magic, and im a little confused why j-rich is such a good rebounder...he's always yanking down the boards when d12 is right next to him

i guess what i really want is the occassional game with a player getting a ton of rebounds

thanks guys! ohh, and thank you greenie!!! thanks for all the hard work, much appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 04:01 AM   #1576
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
so has anyone solved the rebounding problem yet? i remember early on everyone would get 45-55 rebounds a game, and now i can barely get 40...offensive rebounding really doesnt bother me, just total rebounding. as a cavs fan, i saw us get outrebounded by the magic 61-30...that cant happen with these sliders. i know theres a seperate thread talking about offensive rebounding, and im wanting to know if anyone has a sou.lution for me and probably everyone else on the rebounding problem.

also, i know alot of you guys use the magic, and im a little confused why j-rich is such a good rebounder...he's always yanking down the boards when d12 is right next to him

i guess what i really want is the occassional game with a player getting a ton of rebounds

thanks guys! ohh, and thank you greenie!!! thanks for all the hard work, much appreciated
As of now we all know that the O-Rebs problem cannot be solved. Guards catching a lot of rebounds is a glitch that I first discovered when people started putting O-Rebs @ 100 and D-Rebs @ 0 (that's the cause).

At the start of my association I had the same problem. Both teams shooting high % from the field, lots of turnovers and steals and the total rebounds number falling down. Now I'm 9 games into association and things start to settle down. Teams shoot worse (tired?) and rebounds have gone up. I'm still averaging 38 RPG but numbers are going up.

Be patient and see what happens in a 10 games span.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »