Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #761
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
Evan Turner and Lou Williams almost killed me down the stretch
I'll hold onto Williams, Holiday and Turner for a few years.

I kind of like Lou. Turner's trade value always tempts me. If he stays, he'll have to go Pippen.

It'll probably come down to the Best Player Available at my spots in the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2010, 07:02 PM   #762
Banned

OVR: 1

posted this in another thread, was wondering if i could get some more insight on this topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta
If it's real FG%, would the way you shoot affect the outcome of the shot? If not, wouldn't it be weird knowing that all the shots you take don't depend on your skill but by luck? I can understand FT% because it really isn't that easy in real life but it's hard enough for the real FG% to be off IMO. Just wondering though.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #763
Banned

OVR: 1

hmm... just tried these out. not sure what to think of them. i think i need some lessons on how to play first before i give a good review! haha. i had almost 15 turnovers before the half was over and was shooting 30% on the floor against the memphis grizzlies. i use the atlanta hawks. i used to play nba 2k10 on the xbox so maybe i'm just getting used to the ps3 controller.

i don't like how when there's a fast break and i hit a button to pass to that player that it almost always turns it over. the passer hesitates for some reason and the animation isn't fluid cause he takes a couple steps before he passes it which kind of ruins the momentum.

also who am i supposed to control on defense w/ these sliders? i tried controlling every one and the cpu still gets by me real easily.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #764
MVP

Quote:
posted this in another thread, was wondering if i could get some more insight on this topic:

I'm 95% sure that release matters when you use Real FG%. However, the difference is that even if you perfect a player's release, the miss or make of the shot is determined by the player's ratings. So, to me, it increases the variation amongst players in the NBA more than SST.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #765
MVP

Quote:
hmm... just tried these out. not sure what to think of them. i think i need some lessons on how to play first before i give a good review! haha. i had almost 15 turnovers before the half was over and was shooting 30% on the floor against the memphis grizzlies. i use the atlanta hawks. i used to play nba 2k10 on the xbox so maybe i'm just getting used to the ps3 controller.

i don't like how when there's a fast break and i hit a button to pass to that player that it almost always turns it over. the passer hesitates for some reason and the animation isn't fluid cause he takes a couple steps before he passes it which kind of ruins the momentum.

also who am i supposed to control on defense w/ these sliders? i tried controlling every one and the cpu still gets by me real easily.
IMO, these sliders are not easy. I still struggle with them. You have to be very careful with the ball (the 2k11 passing system is wonky as is), or you will turn it over quite a bit. But NBA teams are turning it over 14 times a game on average. If you are careful with the ball, you can get the turnovers down to 10 or lower. But it will probably take you 10 games to make that possible.

You can eliminate this by adjusting the hands slider downward and the pass accuracy slider upward, if you'd prefer.

I control the PG only on defense. But you can control whoever you'd like. If you need a little assistance, go to controller settings and move upward with the defensive assistance slider.

Once you get the hang of shooting, you'll see your percentages rise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #766
MVP

v 2.4, 12/28/10.

Page 1.

2.5 will be Final.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #767
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
v 2.4, 12/28/10.

Page 1.

2.5 will be Final.
Like Final final or final till 2.6
Old 12-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #768
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
Like Final final or final till 2.6
Lol. Final final iafnl lfnai afnil.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »