Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #193
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Interesting findings to say the least. With that being said, what is the point of playing on any level higher than PRO if that is the level where there are no CPU boosts? What is the CPU doing different on the higher levels? Is the AI advanced to a more realistic level?

My main reason for not going to the higher levels are because I haven't mastered the ISO Motion moves and I also think that the cheesy momentum would be off the charts.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #194
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Just uploaded a quick video, no commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPZpc10ygI
Old 03-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #195
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Test: Scrimmage mode (no fatigue).

Pro level. Tip off, pause. Check ratings, no deviation (no arrows either direction). Go to controller, switch teams, check ratings, again no deviation. Note Jermaine Oneals standing dunk rating = 62.

Change difficulty to All Star, start scrimmage for 2 seconds. Pause game, switch off of Phoenix to OKC. Start game, pause. Switch back to PHO, check sub menu. Note JO standing dunk rating (green arrow now) = 67. Switch off PHO, change diff to Superstar. Start scrimmage for a sec. Pause, switch back to PHO. Check sub menu, JO standing dunk now a 70. HoF = 72.
I cant get this to work. I doing this: Start a scrimmage, do the tip-off, pause, check ratings USER, change to other team, be ingame for 1 second, pause, change difficulty to HOF, check USER and CPU team and still no changes to ratings.

What do I do wrong?

I'm on the PC and use the latest UBR roster.

Last edited by jonapaloma; 03-15-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2014, 09:11 AM   #196
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by savantopus
Ahhhh !!! ok ok I'll go try it right now!

EDIT:
Dude you're right!! Thanks so much!!

After you select your controller side, you have to press the back button instead of the start button... or else the game starts and it switches the USER side.
I got it!!!
Old 07-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #197
MVP

Not sure why anyone would make a slider set on anything besides pro after these findings
Old 01-06-2015, 11:20 AM   #198
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Hate to bump an old thread but is there anything like this for 2K15? I rather play the game in its purest form than with crazy adjustments that skew the gameplay significantly.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #199
Rookie

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this. Your time was much appreciated. I had been playing 2K14 on Hall of Fame with my 99 created teammates for a couple weeks now & it had gotten to a point where AT LEAST 5 times a game I had to go to Instant Replay to analyze what just happened as I couldn't believe many of the CPU Rebounds & Speed.

Ok, anyways, let's get to the point. Here are my 2 questions:
  1. Does Stat boosting still happen in 2K15 Next Gen?
  2. To neutralize CPU Superstar Dunk Rating, shouldn't we subtract -4 from Sliders rather than -6 shown? (details below)

Quote:

So with that here are the results from that test.
Jermaine Oneal default 2k standing dunk rating = 62
Pro level (CPU) = 62
AS level (CPU) = 67
SS (CPU) = 70
HoF (CPU) = 72

With that, here are the boosts the CPU gets:

Standing Dunk rating
Pro = -2
AS = +5
SS = +7
HoF = +10

Block Rating (JO again) default rating 80, note this boost is only for CPU, HUM does not get it.
Pro = 78
AS = 85
SS = 88
HoF = 92

Okay some slider coefficient observations, Shannon Brown default dunk rating by 2k = 89.

Again 1.5 seems to be the target range.

Note: The CPU difficulty boost does get added on-top of slider adjustments.
So from what I've underlined we see that on Superstar, CPU Dunk Rating is increased by +7 Rating Points. And that would translate to -7/1.5 = -4.66 Slider Points that needs to be adjusted. But then...

Quote:

NBA2K13 Rating changes per difficulty and how to adjust sliders accordingly

What's up everyone, here are the exact rating changes that 2K makes whenever you change the difficulty so that you can adjust the sliders to counter the CPU cheese and have a more balanced game. Sneaky 2K makes some changes you may not expect...

The number given after the attribute is how many slider points you must add to or subtract from the CPU to make the players balanced. IF there is a + before the number it means you add to the CPU slider, a - means you subtract from CPU slider.

SUPERSTAR:
Def and Off Awareness -17
Hands -14
Ball Security -14 (tricky because you can only change this through the Ball Handling slider which changes 3 different attributes, Ball Security, Off-hand dribbling and Ball Handling... I use Roster Editor by LEFTOS to change this independently)
Steal -7
Def and Off Rebound -7
All other attributes -6 (except for stamina, durability, fatigue, consistency)
Offensive scoring sliders for Superstar seem like they are already balanced; need to subtract or add from USER or CPU, keep them the same as each other.

It's confusing here because the first 2 sentences I underlined contradicted each other. So really my question is why are we subtracting -6 Slider Points to CPU Attributes (Dunks) rather than -4 Slider Points for the added 7 Rating Points for Dunks shown in the 1st quote?

Quote:

Random Notes:
  • Unsure if AI (Artificial Intelligence) is affected by difficulty change, I don't think they get smarter, but more their timing is better (faster) that is for sure.
  • On HoF difficulty the CPU will take advantage of any opening you give them to the rack.If you cannot stop them, drop the ego and move on down to SS or AS, no point in complaining when you can make the change for yourself.
I really just wanna note here that this maybe because of the Offensive & Defensive Awareness boost??
So for a player who wants to play against CPU with Hall of Fame reaction time (neglecting User Shot Release Timing differences), he just needs to increase the CPU Offensive & Defensive Awareness Sliders to match the level of that Difficulty.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:16 AM   #200
Rookie

all star SIM difficulty @ best. if u go to superstar & HOF, u are asking for it...
the CPU will cheat u, they will make timely shots just to stay in the game. it doesnt matter if the player has a 54 mid-range, the cpu will make it. & that is just 1 example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »