Home

Jacksonville Jaguars

This is a discussion on Jacksonville Jaguars within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #73
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsai
Very drastic. I highly doubt that either Gabbert or McCown can compare to what Garrard was in 2007.

And with MJD having to shoulder even more of the load, and no true backup running back, and the defense being brand new, and the wide receivers never being a consistent group...well, we'll see. At least I'm still confident that we'll beat the Titans.
Well the team did nothing but improve the defense and they were in the hunt to win the division late last year.

And why should we settle for Garrard in 2007? He had a bunch of dropped INT's and wasn't able to find receivers in the following years after that despite teams always sticking at least 8 guys in the box.

I'm glad I won't have to see him stare down his check down receiver on every play, or never make a pre-snap read or audible.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:10 AM   #74
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Listen, Garrard was never an elite, franchise type QB. But to imply that he's been bad I think is untrue. Since Leftwich was cut, Garrard has 71 td's and 41 ints. He was 7th in completion % last year. His QB rating was over 90 last year. And he's averaged over 3,000 yards a season since becoming starter. All this while having rookie tackles last year (and a poor offensive line before that), and esteemed WR's such as Reggie Williams, Dennis Northcutt, Matt Jones, Mike Sims-Walker, and a past his prime Torry Holt as his primary WR's. He's not great, but he was far from bad.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #75
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

One last thing (I know it was yesterday, but I just saw it now):

http://twitter.com/#!/taniaganguli/s...60027544801280

Quote:
Just heard something interesting. Garrard had a tough day at practice Monday. Threw 3 picks. Might have played into the decision. #Jaguars
He was probably facing the scout team, getting ready for the Titans. If he throws three picks against the scout team... how many is he gonna throw against the actual team?

Oehser just confirmed on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/JohnOehser/sta...08552857821186

Quote:
#jaguars jdr says tough practice Monday for garrard was finAl straw.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

Last edited by The GIGGAS; 09-07-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #76
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I like Garrard, and I think he gave the team the best chance to win this year. McCown may turn out to be better, but my real concern for the offense is the OLine, particularly the left side.

Rackley looks lost and overmatched which may be expected for a player coming from FCS. Monroe is too inconsistent. Those two players will have a huge say in whether or not McCown has success.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #77
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I like Garrard, and I think he gave the team the best chance to win this year. McCown may turn out to be better, but my real concern for the offense is the OLine, particularly the left side.

Rackley looks lost and overmatched which may be expected for a player coming from FCS. Monroe is too inconsistent. Those two players will have a huge say in whether or not McCown has success.
Valid concern, IMO. I think, though, McCown has a quicker release than Garrard (I'm not 100% sure about this), which might make the O-Line's job a touch easier.

As an aside, I think the negative words from everyone about the Jags are starting to get to me. There's a touch of doubt within me about the season, but I still think we'll hover around .500 and possibly contend for the playoffs.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Last edited by The GIGGAS; 09-08-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #78
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Manning is out for 3 months, if the Jaguars aren't in a head to head battle with the Texans for the division title JDR needs to be fired immediately following the season.

(And I wanted him gone years ago)
Old 09-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #79
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
I hope they go with Gabbert this week. McCown isn't gonna do it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #80
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Alright, Gabbert is the guy. It's time.

I really think we've got something special in him. I loved the story that Nwaneri shared on jaguars.com:

Quote:
Well, let’s just say Nwaneri knew confidence wouldn’t be an issue.

This much Nwaneri said he knew on the first drive of the preseason opener at New England: Gabbert started the game, his first in the NFL of any kind, and while Gabbert said there were butterflies, Nwaneri said he saw something else.

“He came in there, looked everybody in the eyes and said, ‘Let’s ---- go,’’’ Nwaneri said Wednesday afternoon as the Jaguars (1-1) prepared to play the Carolina Panthers (0-2) at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C., Sunday at 1 p.m.

“He was ready to battle.”
I want him to be great immediately, but I know it'll be an uphill climb for that. But I honestly do believe he'll be the face of the Jaguars for a long time, and lead us to the promised land.

So Blaine... let's ****ing go.

OS OT Post Champ '11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »