Home

2020 Fitness Adventures

This is a discussion on 2020 Fitness Adventures within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2020, 01:50 PM   #57
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: 2020 Fitness Adventures

Is anybody else working from home? If so - has your routine changed any? How is everybody doing? I know anxiety and uncertainty can kill motivation - especially for physical activities. It's important to keep your head clear and continue to take care of yourselves during this situation.

Godspeed, fellas.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:06 PM   #58
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Is anybody else working from home? If so - has your routine changed any? How is everybody doing? I know anxiety and uncertainty can kill motivation - especially for physical activities. It's important to keep your head clear and continue to take care of yourselves during this situation.

Godspeed, fellas.
Yep, been at home for 11 days now. Self-quarantining after a trip. Our office hasn't fully closed, but we've moved to get as many people working from home as possible. I've worked remotely before, so I am able to get back into that routine pretty well, but there are times that I am probably tied to my laptop too much and need to step away and do something else to break up the day.

Workout routine is about the same for me, as we're pretty isolated here in the country as-is. I had purchased Les Mills On Demand a couple of months ago; who knew at the time how handy that'd be? I'm able to go for walks/runs/bike rides when the weather allows, too, as the trail near our house is empty 99% of the time.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-24-2020, 07:13 PM   #59
All Star

OVR: 13

I was doing great through week 1 of shelter-in-place, but week 2 is off to a sub-optimal start. Motivation is low and working out in my place is not a particularly attractive proposition. Will have to power through and do the best I can, though, because this ain't ending anytime soon based on the current projections...

Hang in there, fellas.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:28 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

My gym is - shockingly - still open. I think it's the last place in town doing business as usual. My plan a couple of weeks ago was to keep going and make sure I wiped everything down extra clean before and after use. They've sent out emails that they've stepped up cleaning, but I've decided I'm going to pass on the gym until we get things under control.

In the meantime, I've taken my dog on longer walks each day. I'll probably start trying to run outside too. I'll just skip working with weights for the time being. I think I've actually lost weight since I started working from home. Eating lunch at home has been healthier than eating out at work.

I'm naturally introverted so outside of not driving to work every day, my life really hasn't changed all that much. I guess this is one time lack of social life is a good thing ... lol.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:41 PM   #61
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm doing the Planet Fitness Work-in videos on FB, free to everyone.

About 20 minute workouts to get the heart rate going.

These workouts are better than the alternative in the colder climates that hasn't had a taste of spring, yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2020, 11:49 AM   #62

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

I've been working from home since last Monday (3/16). My sleep schedule last week messed up a little bit. Not having to commute 45 minutes will do that subconsciously apparently. I am still exercising before work in the morning and taking the dog for a walk if its nice outside.

Perhaps most surprisingly is that I'm actually eating less during the day than I do at work.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

It's hard to workout at home. I have some extra space and thought about investing in an exercise bike, but my wife isn't sold on the idea of it yet. The house is just relaxing and It's hard to work out where I typically enjoy that relaxing time.

I have a 30lb kettlebell, some resistance bands, and a jump rope. I'm sure I can make something up if I need to.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:11 PM   #64

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
It's hard to workout at home. I have some extra space and thought about investing in an exercise bike, but my wife isn't sold on the idea of it yet. The house is just relaxing and It's hard to work out where I typically enjoy that relaxing time.

I have a 30lb kettlebell, some resistance bands, and a jump rope. I'm sure I can make something up if I need to.
I've always preferred working out at home primarily for privacy. Having somebody watch me or be near me while I'm working out is distracting for some reason and I can't get into the appropriate head space. Even my wife stopping outside of the room during our morning routines would get to me.

I setup one of our extra bedrooms for an exercise room. I ordered some mats, dumbbells (started with the set weights 5, 10, 15, 20, 25lbs and then bought a set of the power dumbbells - love those things), stretch bands, peanut ball, towel rack, and a digital weight scale.

The stretch bands are very versatile for workouts. Plus, you can always double them up to increase tension as well.

I certainly understand your enjoyment of relaxation at home. Having a separate room or some kind of dedicated space certainly helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »