Home

2020 Fitness Adventures

This is a discussion on 2020 Fitness Adventures within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2020, 11:00 AM   #33
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: 2020 Fitness Adventures

I managed to bruise both of my heels pretty severely, and haven't been able to do much in the way of exercise since that happened a little over a week ago. Combination of flat shoes and a basement floor did it, I presume. Pain has gone down the last couple of days, so I'm able to at least walk around without discomfort, but still trying to avoid overdoing it and keeping pressure off of my heels when I can.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-12-2020, 11:44 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
What time are you working out?

What are you eating prior to working out?

I've been exercising in the mornings since July and have found myself with more energy in the morning than trying to do the same routine when I get home from work in the evenings. I work out as soon as I get up and eat breakfast afterwards.
I woke up around 4:15 this morning to get to the gym by about 4:50. I wish I could push it back a little later and just shower at the gym, but I help my wife with a lot of stuff in the morning.

Eating before isn't really an option so I've just been eating after. I don't really like to eat when I first wake up anyways. I just think readjusting to morning workouts is the problem because my body is used to that cup of coffee in the morning to get me going.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:44 AM   #35
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Ah the caffeine.

There you go.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2020, 08:38 PM   #36
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
Anyone here use any sort of nitric oxide supplement? I'm not much of a supplement person. I take a little bit of Spark before a workout and that's about it besides the occasional protein shake. Gone are the days of vitamin packs, creatine, etc.

I was talking to a friend about how morning workouts have left me kind of exhausted mid workout. My muscles aren't necessarily tired, I just feel really exhausted and lacking energy. I didn't have the same problem later in the day.

He suggested a nitric oxide pill he's taking and after doing some research it looks like they just contain L-arginine and L-citrulline.

You might be low on electrolytes. Find a good electrolyte powder you can put in a liter of water and drink that before and throughout your work out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 02-12-2020, 08:40 PM   #37
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
You might be low on electrolytes. Find a good electrolyte powder you can put in a liter of water and drink that before and throughout your work out

I would recommend LiquidIV.

Old 02-16-2020, 06:55 PM   #38
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
Anyone here use any sort of nitric oxide supplement? I'm not much of a supplement person. I take a little bit of Spark before a workout and that's about it besides the occasional protein shake. Gone are the days of vitamin packs, creatine, etc.

I was talking to a friend about how morning workouts have left me kind of exhausted mid workout. My muscles aren't necessarily tired, I just feel really exhausted and lacking energy. I didn't have the same problem later in the day.

He suggested a nitric oxide pill he's taking and after doing some research it looks like they just contain L-arginine and L-citrulline.
I take one first thing in the morning (I usually workout 30-45 mins after i wake up). It's pretty good and I feel like it gets my blood pumping.

If you want a good clean pre-workout, just put some MCT oil in your coffee/smoothie. I can feel the difference when I don't take it (out of town for work/vacation). If you do take it BE SURE to follow the directions. It's a bit of a diuretic too so too much can have in the bathroom. My buddy tried it and started with a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon and he said it cleaned him out in like an hour lol.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:47 PM   #39
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

In San Diego for work. I've gotten in two runs for a total of just under 10 miles. On my first full day here, between running and walking I did over 14 miles of movement, which is crazy.

My heels have done OK with that, too. In some odd way, I think they're getting stretched out with the movement and the soreness goes away, only to return if I'm standing too long in one spot or placing pressure on my heels when seated.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #40
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
In San Diego for work. I've gotten in two runs for a total of just under 10 miles. On my first full day here, between running and walking I did over 14 miles of movement, which is crazy.

My heels have done OK with that, too. In some odd way, I think they're getting stretched out with the movement and the soreness goes away, only to return if I'm standing too long in one spot or placing pressure on my heels when seated.
Nice. You're in my neck of the woods. What part of SD are you staying. Lots of good trails and running areas around town.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »