Home

What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

This is a discussion on What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 03:06 PM   #65
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Dude, you can't get the trigger music, this isn't NFL2K. And if you think the presentation is lame, you are once again comparing it to a game that doesn't make an NFL product anymore. EVERYONE understands that 2K fans loved it for the PRESENTATION / ONLINE LEAGUES etc. Just realize that Most Madden fans really don't care so much about those aspects.
Let me introduce you to the title of the thread.

Why come here with anything not related to that?

And why are mods not in here warning people to stay on topic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 03:08 PM   #66
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Because it's about Madden?
That's debatable.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:27 PM   #67
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Let me introduce you to the title of the thread.

Why come here with anything not related to that?

And why are mods not in here warning people to stay on topic?
Why post something like this in a MADDEN FORUM when NFL2K is not related to it??

I agree a post like this should have been locked a long time ago and put into general gaming chat. But the mods might be busy, usually they are impeccable locking off topic threads.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:39 PM   #68
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

I thought the VIP system was pretty sweet as well.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 9

360 Madden has that stupid play action camera fake, no different camera angles (classic cam). They took some features from 2K but the gameplay, graphics, and all the same EA glitches (stuck behind players, the ball coming back to the receivers hands, and tripping over team mates etc...) I could go on and on. The field goal is better but still lacking. Madden did improve from last year but I think it is a disappointing year again. This is my 1st Madden in 5yrs and definitely will be my last.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutumbo888
I don't have the game just wondering if Madden will ever put in cool features such as a Sportscenter wrap up show, First Person Mode, and gang tackles.. I think it's kinda ridiculous that 2 years after another NFL game already had these things, it's not in a next gen version of Madden.

Does the wrap up show ever change or do they still ask the same question's even after 5 years of franshise play?

The wrap up show wasn't that great after about 10-15 games. The First Person Mode is something you could have left out your post because that thing simply blowed big time.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:58 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30

one thing i do know is 2k did a great job of fixing there errors and where always adding a new dynamic to the game i know if nfl 2k were going to be on next gen it would be amazing cause they could add more things they couldn't add before

i really hope ea does something to void the contract
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurantsu
Actually, there have been many posts here pointing out the flaws in 2K5. The fact that even with those flaws two years later people still play it and even prefer it over the current Madden games should speak volumes.

I have 2K5, I have Madden 07. Both games have flaws. Both games have things I like. If I had to pick only one, 2K5 would get the nod. But I still have my original Xbox so I can keep them both, and use Madden for it's SS mode and 2K5 for everything else.

I think the reason 2K5 comes up so much is because of where people imagine it would be now if development had continued without all this exclusive crap thats going on now. There is no doubt they were on the right track and were the first serious threat to the Madden franchise in years. People like choice, so we can pick the one we prefer. These exclusive deals kill that, and so far it seems in both major cases (football and baseball) the deals led to lesser games. There is a lot in both Madden 07 and MLB 2K6 that just leaves me scratching my head. (Heck, I actually returned MLB 2K6, something I've never done with a baseball game! Thank goodness for MLB The Show on my PSP.)
I agree entirely with everything in this post.

The reason threads like this keep appearing is because 2K fans like to wonder about the potential of the 2K Series had it continued, about the "what if's" of 2K6/2K7.

Of course, EA threw a whole bunch of money at the problem and got the exclusive license, so we have this debate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »