Home
News Post

GameSpot has posted a video clip showing off NCAA Football 09 with Dave Ross, the Project Lead.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 babyfat9 @ 04/25/08 09:17 PM
Looks nice but i'm still dissapointed they don't have a new introduction instead of just a view of the stadium....be nice to have players run out....now that is college football tradition!!!!

# 2 SageInfinite @ 04/25/08 09:17 PM
Gotta love how the developer flips it right to freshman difficulty

# 3 bad_philanthropy @ 04/25/08 09:17 PM
The game looked very good can't learn a lot about it since it was on freshman. Runs perfectly on PS3.

The most disturbing thing about that video was that one of the damn producers of the game scrambled out of the pocket and then launches a bomb down the field.

EDIT: And when the developer actually stays behind the line to throw a pass he doesn't even try to step up into the pocket he just stays standing five steps back from his dropback and launches the ball. Do these guys watch football at all? I am pleased by the refinements though to blocking (although it was freshman) in the shotgun read option plays.

# 4 Solidice @ 04/25/08 09:21 PM
well most, if not all developers/producers will put their game on easy or put some sort of god mode on to show off a demo. thats nothing new.

Edit: but i do agree the way he played it wasn't good. lol funny though.

# 5 metallidevils @ 04/25/08 09:21 PM
looks kind of like 08 with better grass, TBH...

When will they be implementing a new graphics engine?

# 6 J-Unit40 @ 04/25/08 09:23 PM
Nitpick alert: The Gators haven't worn the white with orange combo in 3 years and Urban said they never will while he is there. Not that big of a deal as long as they have the all-blues and all-whites.

Back to watching...

# 7 coogrfan @ 04/25/08 09:24 PM
Goodness, game speed is much faster than last year. It reminds me of NFL 2k on "fast".

# 8 J-Unit40 @ 04/25/08 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
I think that Florida Speed also had something to do with it.
You know it man.

# 9 JBucc @ 04/25/08 09:30 PM
It seems like in all these early gameplay videos the people playing are on easy modes and play completely arcadey. Rolling out all the time, etc. The animations do look good though. And what was with Fla kicking off, then being on offense the next play or did I miss something?

# 10 jdr4693 @ 04/25/08 09:30 PM
anybody who is thinking of buying that crap is an idiot.EA sports is the ultimate brainwash. that thing aint worth 60 bucks ...im sorry

# 11 edubbs @ 04/25/08 09:32 PM
Quote:
You mean you are supposed to drop back then step up into the pocket? I mean straight line of offensive lineman?

Co-sign.

Another year of a straight line of Offensive lineman and no QB pocket.

If the OL/DL interaction had been addressed it's no way he should have been able to do that stupid rollout and pass deep crap, which has been in this game forever.

I do not think they will add a QB pocket until they go to another gameplay engine.

Seeing this game in motion did nothing for me. Especially with the OL/DL interaction still looking VERY poor.

# 12 SageInfinite @ 04/25/08 09:33 PM
The graphics look great even on this camera video. Looks great on the PS3 this year which is another plus. I hope there are alot more animations this year. Overall from the 1st looks it looks like a patched or updated version of 08. Doesn't look like a new edition.

I enjoyed 08 but I don't know if I want to spend 60 for a minor upgrade on the field(especially since I dont play sports games online). I definitely think 2010's NCAA football will be the one we've all been waiting for since Madden 09 is looking like the 1 we've been waiting for(well non Madden haters).

# 13 SageInfinite @ 04/25/08 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
It seems like in all these early gameplay videos the people playing are on easy modes and play completely arcadey. Rolling out all the time, etc. The animations do look good though. And what was with Fla kicking off, then being on offense the next play or did I miss something?
He used super sim to stay on offense.

# 14 bad_philanthropy @ 04/25/08 09:39 PM
Is it just me or were the things the PR guy was talking about in the video stuff that was part of the pitch last year, like the breakaway animations?

For those of us worried about the defense, Tennessee did force the developer three and out on the easiest difficulty.

# 15 J-Unit40 @ 04/25/08 09:40 PM
One little thing that I noticed was the slight hitch/delay on the WR sweep to Harvin (2 different occassions). This will make it a little more realistic and maybe the OLBs and DEs can funnel them back towards midfield on the higher difficulties.

Also, I really like the lighting system. Impressive. The little endzone celebration with Harvin and Tebow was cool too. Although it would be appropriate if it was an OL.

And wait, was that an incompletion that actually didn't hit a defender or WR early in the video?! LOL.

# 16 coogrfan @ 04/25/08 09:41 PM
Quote:
I think that Florida Speed also had something to do with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
You know it man.
Without a doubt.

Seriously, this thing looks just blazing fast compared to last year's next gen title.

# 17 Solidice @ 04/25/08 09:44 PM
i did notice at the start is that they did go to a number rating system instead of letter grade.
Florida
97 overall, 97 Offense, 88 Defense
Tennessee
84 Overall, 87 Offense, 80 Defense
those could change if they edit the players stats though.

# 18 J-Unit40 @ 04/25/08 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Without a doubt.

Seriously, this thing looks just blazing fast compared to last year's next gen title.
I know. I hope that has something to do with the Freshman difficulty. I just hope this game is good and immersive to some degree.

# 19 AuburnAlumni @ 04/25/08 09:47 PM
I swear...when I hear Peter Moore jabber on about "wide open gameplay", blah blah blah I want to punch him in the face. The run around, run around, throw deep offense seems to be in full effect, regardless of if he is playing on freshman difficulty.

And Petey...NO ONE CELEBRATES WITH THE DAMN MASCOT!

How hard is it to show a cutscene of the team RUNNING ONTO THE FIELD?!! Honestly...I'm serious.

That would help the "atmosphere" Petey.

Sorry, I'm just venting over stuff that should have been in and STAYED IN this series YEARS AGO.

Still plan on buying it but Good lord I wish there were some guys in charge of this game that UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL. Not a bunch of geeks who have no clue that in reality....football games aren't 65-60 explosions with 17 turnovers a game and 3 penalties.

End of rant.

# 20 SageInfinite @ 04/25/08 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I know. I hope that has something to do with the Freshman difficulty. I just hope this game is good and immersive to some degree.
Same here. I also think the speed has something to do with the difficulty. Tennessee looked way too slow compared to Florida when they had the ball. Not just the ball carrier but all the players. The post play presentation looked good camera angle wise but I see what Pasta and CDJ meant when they said they showed the cheerleaders too much.

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.