Home
Madden 09 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 NumberOneRB @ 05/02/08 01:29 PM
It does appear that the quarterback animations have been improved a bit. The quarterbacks actually take steps when they drop back, and they don't hold the ball near their faces like previous versions on current-gen. Graphics look much improved (especially the lighting), and the presentation is looking spectacular (keep in mind there are probably plenty of other presentation features being added, along with the commentary).

# 62 Harlemal @ 05/02/08 01:56 PM
the game looks good. ill hold my complete judgement until a better video comes out. what kills me is people talkin about 2k on a madden board. talk all dat in the 2k football forum. we get it already 2k5 was best football game ever made. lmao.. i dont think so but yall do.

# 63 baumy300 @ 05/02/08 01:59 PM
Is it just me, or is EA taking a page from 2K in terms of presentation and gameplay?

It is actually looking fresh, new, and playable. Way to go EA. Definitely a step in the right direction.

# 64 blackngoldfan @ 05/02/08 02:06 PM
Stat overlays, commentary, and pre-snap controls are going to give this game another boost. Can't wait.

# 65 bucs44 @ 05/02/08 02:39 PM
Feeling the lighting/graphics and atmosphere, need more animations tho-QB individual style throwing, more tackling animations....QB pocket..
Fans waving the towels, custom music..

# 66 beau21 @ 05/02/08 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
can't download the HD version. Anyone else having the same problem?
HD version is working now:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33492.html

# 67 SageInfinite @ 05/02/08 02:44 PM
Presentation wise they need closer and better positioned post play camera angles. APF got this perfect. They should copy. I also hope they have replay analysis.

# 68 BezO @ 05/02/08 03:27 PM
Maybe because I'm looking for specific improvements, but I don't see what yall are seeing. To me, this looks like the same game as last year with different graphics. There's still too much football missing. The blocking, tackling & pocket still look poor. I didn't see any new defensive moves. DEs still play patty cake at the LOS with the OTs. No double team blocking. LBs still follow TEs/RBs half way across the field as they go in motion, then turn back.

# 69 DubTrey1 @ 05/02/08 04:13 PM
Best looking Madden I've seen. Looks like EA really blew out the presentation....finally. And the camera shake at the end to simulate a chasecam on the runner was a nice immersive touch. We will have to see how the gameplay turns out though. Like many have already said, some of the drop backs etc. looked a bit arcadey.

# 70 baumy300 @ 05/02/08 04:44 PM
They at least better have Super Bowl specific presentation. They CAN'T do all of this and ignore that. I know they know the Super Bowl is a big deal.

# 71 thmst30 @ 05/02/08 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
They at least better have Super Bowl specific presentation. They CAN'T do all of this and ignore that. I know they know the Super Bowl is a big deal.
Maybe, Madden's playoffs and Super Bowl always feel exactly like a pre-season and regular season game. They've NEVER been able to come close or really even tried to come close to capturing the intensity and emotions of the playoffs. Thats one of the more severe omissions that Madden has always had.

# 72 countryboy @ 05/02/08 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
LOL, and yet that was only the 2nd score of the game?!?!?! Maybe its season stats it was displaying, or just some bugs to work out before release.
actually, Moss is just that good.

# 73 countryboy @ 05/02/08 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I'm sold.
same here, but thats no real surprise.

# 74 PAPERNUT @ 05/02/08 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Great looking graphics for sure and it appears the presentation will be a nice upgrade ... but now onto the important stuff.

PLEASE tell me we won't have to deal with the excessive FUMBLING issue again next year! As unrealistic as it would be to have no fumbles in the game, I would rather that, than to have to continually worry that every time I run the ball it will end in a fumble. Excessive fumbling is a "Show-Stopper" as far as I'm concerned .......
Agree 100%.

# 75 adub88 @ 05/02/08 05:36 PM
The graphics, lighting, and presentation are sick, can't even agrue about it. I'm still waiting for more gameplay vids before I get too excited. So far, '09 looks promising.

# 76 jjdogjjdog5162 @ 05/02/08 06:40 PM
boorrriiinnggg. I dont think joe buck and aikman could liven this game up. I know collinsworth and (forgot name) wont. There is something off about maddens atmosphere that just bores me to tears. I know its still aways off, and the commentary wasnt there, but damn, i could hardly get through the video. Oh well, they are making steps in the right direction. Maybe 2010, or 2011. Or once they fix the QB dropback/pocket forming/throwing animations. I noticed in the video that Eli was holding the ball different but he thew the same as in 2006/07/08. QB specific throwing animations would help the realism alot. Props to EA for taking steps in Madden09 towards a game we should of had in Madden07.

# 77 countryboy @ 05/02/08 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdogjjdog5162
boorrriiinnggg. I dont think joe buck and aikman could liven this game up. I know collinsworth and (forgot name) wont. There is something off about maddens atmosphere that just bores me to tears. I know its still aways off, and the commentary wasnt there, but damn, i could hardly get through the video. Oh well, they are making steps in the right direction. Maybe 2010, or 2011. Or once they fix the QB dropback/pocket forming/throwing animations. I noticed in the video that Eli was holding the ball different but he thew the same as in 2006/07/08. QB specific throwing animations would help the realism alot. Props to EA for taking steps in Madden09 towards a game we should of had in Madden07.
I will wait until I actually play the game before calling it boring. Although the videos were great in my opinion, I wasn't feeling "it'. Could be that I am in baseball mode right now or the game, thats why I'll wait until then to make my decision on how much better, if at all, the atmosphere has gotten in the game.

I do agree though with the last part of your post. In my opinion, '09 will finally be a foundation that the series can build upon. Thanks to Ortiz and his lackluster leadership, the series has had to back track each of the 3 years its been on 360/PS3.

# 78 shugknight @ 05/02/08 06:49 PM
Did you guys figure out that the camera angle behind Moss' TD run was, IMO, a "chase" cam?

# 79 countryboy @ 05/02/08 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
Did you guys figure out that the camera angle behind Moss' TD run was, IMO, a "chase" cam?
someone mentioned it being part of the new rivalry feature that has been added to the game. I don't know what it was, but I personally didn't like it. So hopefully, whatever it was, can be turned off.

# 80 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 05/02/08 07:03 PM
So did no one see what i saw? With bradys dropback being different than mannings? Cuz in real life, Brady holds the ball by his hips, while typically most other QBs hold it up by their chest.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.