Home
News Post

Note: Below are the patch details from the Lead Designer of NFL Head Coach 09, Josh Looman.

I got the Ok to officially say that we are doing a patch. I've wanted to say that for a week, but we had to make sure of a few things first.

Here's an update on our progress with the patch:
  • We have fixed the Play Creator/Injury Bug.
  • We have added the ability to call plays during the 2 minute drill. You guys better thank Bekins for this. Normally, this would have been a feature that would have taken forever to get in, but the kid killed himself to put it in there to help everyone out.
  • We have added Favre's stats back in the game.
  • We fixed a bug you guys didn't know about that allows me to change team philosophies in the roster update. Woo-Hoo! This lets me get the teams where I think they should be and correct some ratings issues that way.
  • We fixed the contract bug (where scrub players would ask for a ton of money when re-signing).
  • We fixed the Draft Day trading bug (where you could force every team to trade their pick by asking them to trade and then backing out)
  • We fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • We fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • We are investigating a fix to make fumbles better. Staymates found out that a fatigued player would be getting larger penalties than expected to their attributes, including their carry rating. We are greatly reducing this so that fumbles should happen less. This is going to need some more testing since a lot of different factors influence fumble chances.
  • We are also investigating a fix for CPU teams subbing out fatigued players quicker in-game so that backups get some carries. Our thresholds for subbing a guy out were too low, so we are raising those. This also needs mucho testing.
  • We are fixing any crashes we can reproduce including the issues found on PS3.
I don't have a date for when this will be delivered to you (we are working very quickly). Once we are done with it, it typically takes a couple of weeks to get through everybody else before it makes it's way to you.

As I've said before, I'm sorry for these bugs. As you can see, we are making it right.

*** Added Wednesday, August 27th ***

We are also fixing an issue with RFAs that was noticed.

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ODogg @ 09/03/08 07:17 PM
will the patch fix the game freezing up when you complete a game and exit it on the PS3?

# 142 Americas Team1 @ 09/03/08 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Josh can't give a firm date, but he said a day or two ago approx. two weeks.
If I start a new dynasty will the patch still work?

# 143 TheDutchDad @ 09/03/08 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
If I start a new dynasty will the patch still work?
Yes, but I think you're better off waiting...at least I am. Only a few weeks.

# 144 Bears118 @ 09/04/08 03:06 PM
Wanted to ask Josh what, if anything is happening with the announcer issue where some people have been hearing himduring the games and then disappearing.

Firstly can you confirm that there is ment to be an announcer and if so will the patch fix this?

# 145 canes2008 @ 09/05/08 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears118
Wanted to ask Josh what, if anything is happening with the announcer issue where some people have been hearing himduring the games and then disappearing.

Firstly can you confirm that there is ment to be an announcer and if so will the patch fix this?
I was wondering the same thing because it happened in the demo as well

# 146 mwjr @ 09/05/08 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears118

I've been playing this game since 3 days after it came out in the CE, and I have yet to hear an announcer at all.

# 147 SloeyEZ @ 09/05/08 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
I've been playing this game since 3 days after it came out in the CE, and I have yet to hear an announcer at all.
You have to turn the crowd volume to 0 to hear the announcer.

# 148 karmageddon28 @ 09/06/08 11:47 AM
I've searched the posts in here for a few pages back and have not found anything addressing the Xbox 360 freezing issues. I've not had this to me first hand, thankfully, but it scares the crap out of me to think it could happen at anytime. I've put a ton of time into playing the game and I don't want to see it all get wasted. So, any sort of official word on the subject would be welcome.

# 149 Josh_Looman @ 09/07/08 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmageddon28
I've searched the posts in here for a few pages back and have not found anything addressing the Xbox 360 freezing issues. I've not had this to me first hand, thankfully, but it scares the crap out of me to think it could happen at anytime. I've put a ton of time into playing the game and I don't want to see it all get wasted. So, any sort of official word on the subject would be welcome.
The official word is:

We are fixing every freeze or crash that we find, regardless of platform.

# 150 Mauler97 @ 09/07/08 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
The official word is:

We are fixing every freeze or crash that we find, regardless of platform.
Hey Josh, I have a freeze on my 360 where antime I try and purchase special skills for my gm it freezes. I hired a new gm and it still happens.

# 151 BigDPW @ 09/08/08 09:07 AM
I have been busy at work lately and out of the loop... Anyone know when the ETA for the patch is? Has it gone to certification yet or still in testing?

# 152 sgtspit @ 09/08/08 09:26 AM
Its on here somewhere that it will be two more weeks,new rosters today sometime...

# 153 sammage @ 09/08/08 02:18 PM
On 9/02 it looks like it is about set to go in for testing...which means the two weeks probably started ticking sometime this week?

Josh? Any new update?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038669698

# 154 Americas Team1 @ 09/08/08 08:59 PM
is the injury bug glitch the only glitch i have worry about in my dynasty

# 155 TheDutchDad @ 09/08/08 09:04 PM
Quote:
is the injury bug glitch the only glitch i have worry about in my dynasty
Only permanent one yes...still need to look out for the salary bug, but that one has an easy work around, and isn't permanent if you run into it.

# 156 Americas Team1 @ 09/08/08 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Only permanent one yes...still need to look out for the salary bug, but that one has an easy work around, and isn't permanent if you run into it.
so I can start my dynasty and the patch will fix it so I can creat plays in my dynasty without gettin glitched

# 157 SloeyEZ @ 09/08/08 09:34 PM
Quote:
so I can start my dynasty and the patch will fix it so I can creat plays in my dynasty without gettin glitched
yup the patch will fix the bugs in your saved careers you have already started per posts by Donnie Moore.

# 158 Americas Team1 @ 09/08/08 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
yup the patch will fix the bugs in your saved careers you have already started per posts by Donnie Moore.
ite thanks

# 159 karmageddon28 @ 09/09/08 07:56 PM
I was wondering about if you've noticed or been looking into what I can only describe as CPU Hyperspeed Phenomenon. It first happened in the year 2 playoffs. http:/www.operationsports.com/forums/nfl-head-coach/267622-glitch-fixed.html

I'd tried to include a link to a previous post on with a better description. I apologize in advance for the tone of the post. It had just happened and it really left me frustrated.

Now I finished the playoffs, simmed, then got to week 2 of the regular season. Then it happened again against the Patriots. Now, I know the patriots are good, so I was going into it for anything from a hard game to totally getting crushed. Getting beat wasn't the problem. It was the way in which it happened. This time, from the start of the game I could tell something was off. All the CPU players were moving at what had to be at least 2x-4x the speed of mine. Linebackers that were a good 10+ yards off the line were beating my HB to handoffs. Their DT were chasing down speedy WR. If I was lucky enough to get a pass off, every player on the CPU would be with converging on the unfortunate WR in an instant. On offense, it was even more noticeable. The CPU WR, would move so fast none of my defenders would be near them... ever. Brady was 53-57 passing because nobody could ever be covered. One of the match ups I saw the most was their slot guy and Urlacher. I check out their depth cart and saw he had 86 Speed, 88 acc, 84 agility and 64 route running. So, he and Urlacher should have been a pretty fair match up. But if he'd make a cut in by the right hash, in an instant he'd be by the left side numbers while Urlacher was still by the right hash.

It wasn't just the speed they moved at, but also how. Even while just standing there and reading the defense, Brady was bouncing up and down like he was speed. The only thing I could compare it to would be if you ever watched a replay on Madden or NCAA in Fast forward, you know, how it's still look like the game, but with the choppy and unnatural movement from being in fast forward.

Outside of the actual on the field issues, and of course the known bugs you've been fixing, I really love the game. I know when it comes to the game play, the criticism can't be directed 100% to you guys, since you really were only able to lipstick the pig that was madden 08. Even if there isn't a way to fix it, if you could even just figure out causes it to slip into the CPU Hyperspeed and maybe how to avoid it, I'd really appreciate it. This game so close to the game that I've been hoping for since I first played FOF as a kid. It's so close to being perfect. I guess that's why it seems people get frustrated when these odd things happen. So, don't feel like any criticism you get is not appreciating your work or the game. Perhaps, we're appreciating too much. So take it as a complement that so many people care about what you've the created.

# 160 gatorelk @ 09/10/08 07:14 PM
glitch report:
i thought i posted this before but i guess i didnt. i have noticed that on kickoffs, if i get a holding called on my team and just dismiss the popup on the clipboard then the computer declines the penalty. it happens 100% of the time. i would have started on the 14 had they accepted it but instead i was on the 35. i was happy but it needs fixing. also the computer packages need to be fixed. when it says they have 3 wr, 1 te, and 1rb and they come out in goaline, its very frustrating. other people have reported it but i havent seen any news on it. also when i am asked if i want to start the veteran qb or start the rookie they have them switched. i said to start the vet and they started the rookie. the player pictures on the thing were switched too. there was something else but i cant remember ....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.