Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 381 jp7588 @ 04/24/09 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Agreed. I think that the NCAA trailer had a better montage. And is it me or does the running animations look better in that trailer? Could it be the year where NCAA's animations are better than Madden's?

I thought the whole thing was smooth. The only things that irked me were when the USC guy got upended by the Cal guy when he went up for a pass and when the USC guy "hit sticked" the Cal guy forcing the fumble. I hate those animations. All in all I think they did a great job of showing off all the little things that I've been hoping will make these games better like the layered blending, procedural awareness, and the wr/db interaction.

For the first time this year I think the NCAA guys have outdone the Madden guys. Hopefully Ian and the gang will make me eat those words soon. = p

# 382 Brandon_c993 @ 04/24/09 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolmaddenfanz27
I did not want Madden 09 with fixed issues and added gameplay threads. Madden 09 was terrible, it can only be improved upon so much in 1 year.
Yes!!! lol 2 people are reading my mind....
People were expecting the best Madden ever or the best football game ever...and that is just not realistic...like I said in a previous post I will be happy if it is the best in recent years....

# 383 judgejudy @ 04/24/09 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
For you, maybe. I don't know if this trailer was made before or after community day.

Not to say they'd purposefully take out what was good about it, just saying I hope they didn't hit obstacles that'll make for a lesser product come August.
i would say it was definitely before, because the first few steelers/cardinals screenshots appear to be from the game they showcased in the trailer.

all in all, i'd say the trailer was pretty underwhelming, but i'm glad because it will make the announcements further down the road that much better and it helps make the wait until august that much more bearable.

# 384 burne @ 04/24/09 03:59 AM
Quote:
Off topic.

Did anyone of you happen to catch the NCAA 10 trailer today? In my opinion, it looked better than the Madden trailer. The animations felt slightly more fluid. If you haven't seen it, check it out.
+1

Not that off-topic, actually. I think that a lot of the good stuff from the NCAA trailer will be in Madden (new animations, etc). Going by what's been said here, I think that there's some consensus that this trailer wasn't really made with us in mind, the termites who'll tear it apart.

My favorite parts of that trailer:
1) 0:28 - Texas #12 QB's throw animation (but I'm pretty sure that's because you can only see his upper body lol).

2) 0:22 - The jostling with Florida's #16 and his subsequent desperate reach animation where he can't reach the ball. One of my favorite anim's in APF2k8 was when a ball was too far out in front of a receiver and they just stuck out a futile arm in the ball's direction.

3) 0:34 - The #6 receiver from Wisconsin (?) catching that ball, then getting tackled by a clear facemask animation, and asking for a facemask flag when he gets up.

4) 0:53 - Penn State #82 making an impressive catch with his arms over a LB. It seems like it'd be a great "WOW" moment during a game and the LB seems to have been in poor position and made a poor play on the ball (not to mention didn't magically go from deflection attempt animation to tackle animation once the ball was caught).

FUGLY MOMENT:
1:09 - The animation by which USC #8 is tackled after he catches the ball. God I hated all that crap that year that they added the mid-air collision animations. They look awful.

# 385 g2thecore @ 04/24/09 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
I just saw it, and wow, looks leaps and bounds better than what we saw tonight, which is weird cause NCAA has been getting bashed for a very long time now.

Looks fantastic, if i saw that with Madden i would have went out and pre ordered tomorrow. Theres still some tiny things that stuck out but it looks fantastic.

I think alot of what hurt the debut tonight was the way it was presented, the music and such didnt give off a vibe that it was a NFL game, But NCAA music was perfect, the shots of cheerleaders really gave off that college football vibe and some animations were just WOW. Loved it.
I couldn't agree more. I'm actually going to pre-order my NCAA copy over the weekend. The trailer was very impressive as far as showcasing the different animations, fluidity and procedural awareness.

I sure hope the Madden guys go back to the "lab" and try to 1 up the NCAA guys with a far more impressive trailer. So far I have the score as 1-0, in favor of NCAA 10. Just sayin'.

# 386 sportzbro @ 04/24/09 04:06 AM
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. I'm actually going to pre-order my NCAA copy over the weekend. The trailer was very impressive as far as showcasing the different animations, fluidity and procedural awareness.

I sure hope the Madden guys go back to the "lab" and try to 1 up the NCAA guys with a far more impressive trailer. So far I have the score as 1-0, in favor of NCAA 10. Just sayin'.
I would say its pretty even now...the madden guys were killin it with all the info, but the NCAA trailer was the equalizer.

# 387 g2thecore @ 04/24/09 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burne
+1

Not that off-topic, actually. I think that a lot of the good stuff from the NCAA trailer will be in Madden (new animations, etc). Going by what's been said here, I think that there's some consensus that this trailer wasn't really made with us in mind, the termites who'll tear it apart.

My favorite parts of that trailer:
1) 0:28 - Texas #12 QB's throw animation (but I'm pretty sure that's because you can only see his upper body lol).

2) 0:22 - The jostling with Florida's #16 and his subsequent desperate reach animation where he can't reach the ball. One of my favorite anim's in APF2k8 was when a ball was too far out in front of a receiver and they just stuck out a futile arm in the ball's direction.

3) 0:34 - The #6 receiver from Wisconsin (?) catching that ball, then getting tackled by a clear facemask animation, and asking for a facemask flag when he gets up.

4) 0:53 - Penn State #82 making an impressive catch with his arms over a LB. It seems like it'd be a great "WOW" moment during a game and the LB seems to have been in poor position and made a poor play on the ball (not to mention didn't magically go from deflection attempt animation to tackle animation once the ball was caught).

FUGLY MOMENT:
1:09 - The animation by which USC #8 is tackled after he catches the ball. God I hated all that crap that year that they added the mid-air collision animations. They look awful.
Nice breakdown....I agree with everything you commented on. I've watched the trailer a couple of times, and the more I watch the more I'm impressed. I wish I could say the same about the Madden display tonight.

# 388 g2thecore @ 04/24/09 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I would say its pretty even now...the madden guys were killin it with all the info, but the NCAA trailer was the equalizer.
Agreed....But I meant more like a battle of the trailers....If we're going trailer for trailer......I like my score better...

# 389 raphael @ 04/24/09 04:10 AM
Unfortunately player movement looked just like last year's plus I didn't really see a pocket forming at least not the way I was expecting. Did you notice the center was always just standing there by himself looking like he had to take a dump?

And what's up with Parker breaking out of a 2 man tackle like that?

# 390 burne @ 04/24/09 04:11 AM
Quote:

Agreed that the Madden guys need a new trailer. I remember Monday Phil commented that they had a new blog ripe with videos but couldn't use it because they promised GTTV the exclusive Madden footage reveal. I'm hoping that blog comes out on Monday and stops the bleeding.

# 391 g2thecore @ 04/24/09 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burne
Agreed that the Madden guys need a new trailer. I remember Monday Phil commented that they had a new blog ripe with videos but couldn't use it because they promised GTTV the exclusive Madden footage reveal. I'm hoping that blog comes out on Monday and stops the bleeding.
Lol @ stop the bleeding....

But yeah I agree. We need something asap to stop all of this chaos.....

# 392 icomb1ne @ 04/24/09 04:19 AM
After reading Adem and Kane's post as well as being impressed by the NCAA trailer I am positive that what we saw in the trailer is not what we are going to see come August. Just watching the NCAA trailer should be assuring b/c that trailer was impressive and Madden is normally equal or better in terms of animations.

# 393 BayAreaRYder226 @ 04/24/09 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
The stiff running animations is exactly what turned me off from madden in the first place!!!!

If I wanted to see a guy run around with a broom stick up his A$$ I would go to a prison camp!!!

NO SELL!!!!!!
...than how you stand playing 2k5?

# 394 PGaither84 @ 04/24/09 04:20 AM
Not sure if anyone caught this, but in the fumble pile up clip, an Arizona Defensive lineman pushed Big Ben and Ben responds with the animation calling for a flag for personal foul for unnecessary roughness.

While this is an early look, I sure hope the pile ups for fumbles are better than the one shown in the video. The clip looked like a minor pileup and not the dog pile we are used to on Sundays where officials have to pull players off and the players stand around pointing that it is their ball and then go ape when it is. This was like 3 players and two wrestling and two cards doing more of a "we got a first down" type of celebration.

I guess you could say i liked hat i saw, but wasn't terribly impressed either.

In regards to the pile up tackles, this left me yet again with a feeling of "abou ****ing time" more than excitement. While playing Madden 02 on my NGC my friend and I were talking about how it was about time we got some gang tackling and expect to see it in 03 or we would be mad. We got 2 man gang tackling in 03... and it has been only two man gangtackling ever since then. 7 games (03, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09) have all been two man gang tackling. It really took this longto figure out and apply more than two players in a gang tacklign system?

Am I glad we have it? Yes.
Am I upset it took this long? of cource.

To Ian, I can explain how happy I am to see all the improvements for madden 10, butI cannot help but get the feeling of "about ****ing time" over and over again when I see these improvements. I cannot really get up and jump for joy like i see others do as often because of this. Also, I really fear that these improvements are still going to take a year or two to really kink out anyway. I'm buying M10, I'm just not super pumped for it either.

# 395 NFLHITMAN @ 04/24/09 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRYder226
...than how you stand playing 2k5?
First of all I play APF 2K8. 2K5 was still better than any Madden so far but APF is better than any football game that has come out. If you need proof just look at the comparison post. Have you played APF? If you did you wouldn't be talking as if the running animation are like Madden LOL.....

Madden has the most robotic player movement in a video game since contra.

# 396 rckabillyRaider @ 04/24/09 04:48 AM
Gang tackling looked pretty good. Nice to see the ref on the field and the crowd actually looked alive.
Now the ugly part, the running animation as many have already mentioned, looked very robotic and stiff. And are little running backs gonna be breaking gang tackles regularly?

# 397 raphael @ 04/24/09 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
LOL Then EA shouldn't have taken the NFL/ESPN licenses and done NOTHING with them. Thank God EA did not acquire Take-Two...

APF 2K8 is the most realistic "on-field" simulation of football. Even-so, 2K5 is still the best overall packaged football game ever made. If EA wants to stop the comparisons, then either:

A) Finally port over all the features/modes Madden NFL 2005 had to the next-gen versions!!!! My God, we still haven't gotten a proper Owner mode! In Madden 2001, you ported over the basics: Exhibition, Season, Franchise and improved game play/graphics. 2002, EA throws in all kinds of stuff to elevate the franchise.

Madden 06, was a basic port: Exhibition, Season, Franchise and improved graphics, but the game play was butchered. No in-depth defensive adjustments, broken QB Vision Cone, etc. 07 rolls around and you would expect something similar to what happened last-gen: the first game to port over the basics of the series, then the next game to put all the features back in and build upon that.

But when 07 finally comes around, we get no owner mode, no improvements to presentation, no improvements to online, create-a-playbook hiatus for several years (this was in the PS1 games, folks...), no CPU vs CPU matches, etc. Just another bare-bones game featuring a roster update.

OR

B) They can release the exclusive NFL License, which would IN FACT BENEFIT THEM by allowing competition to drive their product to new heights.

Wow, a whole lot of rant and gibberish up there. I am tired, it's 4am. Sorry, lol.
Madden 06 didn't have a franchise mode. Good points though.

# 398 raphael @ 04/24/09 05:45 AM
why does the wii version get colored but not the 360 and ps3 one? **** that!

# 399 Goffs @ 04/24/09 06:52 AM
ya know watching the ol/dl interaction was disappointing its still lacking that violence...watching the clip 1:21 its just the way their engaged...

still early though i hope they can fix that

# 400 Behindshadows @ 04/24/09 07:02 AM
It was a trailer of replays and close ups, I don't see how many people can be impressed with that. It's not gameplay with playbook calling and things like that.

Yet! Majority of this thread is turning everything into a compare to APF or 2k5 thread ever other post. I mean wow! Your trying to compared a 2 minute clip to 2 full versions of another game including your posting gameplay videos of the other games, compared to cutscenes.

People seriously stop comparing this game every damn year to 2k5! And enough of the APF videos we get it, 2k does great animations and then again not all of them were great in APF.

2 mins of cutscenes doesn't scream bad game. It's a trailer! Nothing more or less, we see **** trailers of movies all the time. And when you see the full film the movie is great.

Trailer was ho ha at best, nothing great!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.