Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 461 Maelstrom-XIII @ 04/24/09 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
EA needs to grow a pair and drop their license. The only reason they proceed to use it is because they are afraid of take-two. They realized that 2k was quickly gaining momentum so they had to go to the throat.

I hate the company. I really do. Not Ian and Co., but EA. I despise that garbage company.

Say it with me guys. Business. Ethics.

Madden NFL 10 is what I thought it was! And you guys are letting Ian and Co. off the hook!

I hope you like the Dennis Green reference.

Is Madden NFL 10 better than 09? Yep. 09 was better than 08. 08 was better than 07. That doesn't mean that the game is amazing. Madden NFL 10 has more bells and whistles than 09. You can spray crap with perfume, but it still smells like crap.
1. I doubt that a corporation like EA is just going to drop an exclusivity license (that the NFL wanted to auction off) just because someone on a message board questions their gonadal possession.

2. We don't know how good Madden 10 will be. It already looks to be leaps and bounds better than 09, which may not be saying much, but it is turning the franchise around...and that's good for everyone. And remember, you can't have beautiful flowers without a little crap at the beginning...

# 462 TimmeH @ 04/24/09 12:38 PM
I cannot people are complaining about a 1.5 minute trailer that really was just them showing Super Bowl highlights from a year ago in video game form.

Let's save the complaining until companies start getting their hands on early builds and show us how the game really plays from play to play.

# 463 AlexBrady @ 04/24/09 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne

Nice pic. #54 wearing a mid sleeve.

# 464 slimm44 @ 04/24/09 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles410
AT LEAST EA BELEIVES IN RECYCLING!! THATS A POSITIVE!
I was correct with my under 1.5 posts until he gets a red card prediction. And to the poster above this guy...good times.

# 465 roadman @ 04/24/09 12:48 PM
If a trailer just gives you a "glimpse" of what finished product will be, it's still not a finished product, correct?

# 466 slimm44 @ 04/24/09 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmoob

Back to topic

Ian and Co. didn't "inherit" anything. They were there along for the ride these past few years. Nothing against Ian, but it seems the culture at Tiburon is fine with creating mediocre products.
Ian is a great guy, honest and forthcoming, but we should still expect a great product nonetheless. We're about at mid-way through this gen of video games and EA is still trying to create a functional last-gen game...

Not looking too good at the moment...
How long has Ian and Phil been the leaders on the Madden project? Being along for the ride and calling the shots are slightly different, don't you think? If the culture was for mediocre products, why would they be so candid about the mistakes they've made in the past and shown us step-by-step what they are doing to correct them? I like questions.

# 467 eagles410 @ 04/24/09 01:16 PM
madden looks great

# 468 DGuinta1 @ 04/24/09 01:23 PM
Eh! Nothing great but will remain optimistic.

# 469 eagles410 @ 04/24/09 01:27 PM
PeterMooreBlog said
April 24, 2009

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Keep in mind that there are many more things in this year's game than what can be seen in a short promo video. Continue to post your thoughts on all of the features that have been revealed in our forums and in the blog posts from the Madden dev team here on the Inside EA SPORTS Blog.

# 470 TallyBoi7 @ 04/24/09 01:36 PM
You know what, I haven't really played Madden since 2006, but I ACTUALLY may buy this game this year. It looks great.

I'm ready to start my Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise right now.

# 471 Likwidkewl @ 04/24/09 02:12 PM
Has Ian explained why the trailer doesn't look as good as the screen shots?

# 472 En Fuego @ 04/24/09 02:24 PM
not bad.. Big Ben should be fatter tho, lol

edit- QB throwing animations still need work

# 473 eagles410 @ 04/24/09 02:29 PM
PeterMooreBlog said
April 24, 2009

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Keep in mind that there are many more things in this year's game than what can be seen in a short promo video. Continue to post your thoughts on all of the features that have been revealed in our forums and in the blog posts from the Madden dev team here on the Inside EA SPORTS Blog.

# 474 roadman @ 04/24/09 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likwidkewl
Has Ian explained why the trailer doesn't look as good as the screen shots?
He didn't mention anything about the screen shots, but in case you missed this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hats-over.html

# 475 oldskoolmaddenfanz27 @ 04/24/09 04:09 PM
did the madden 09 trailer get such a bad response?

# 476 Likwidkewl @ 04/24/09 04:29 PM
LOL thanks Captain Obvious.

# 477 probowlsteelerfan @ 04/24/09 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
For my PS3s sake, I hope NFL 2k5 tastes good.

I'll leave it at that. Nothing from the trailer hyped me up at all. Throwing animations were still stiff, and running and branching system still looked extremely broken.

I mean, how can he go from about to be dragged down to instantly upright with five defenders on him?
NFL 2k5 is on the PS3? Or am I missing the point?

# 478 LingeringRegime @ 04/24/09 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by probowlsteelerfan
NFL 2k5 is on the PS3? Or am I missing the point?
Yes, if you have a PS3 that is backward compatible.

# 479 rudyjuly2 @ 04/24/09 04:53 PM
Finally saw both the NCAA and Madden trailers. Looked fine. The gang tackling looked good. Overall I have to say these videos don't really tell me much either way. I can't believe how much people read into these things. I'd much rather read detailed gameplay impressions over watching a video or looking at screenshots.

# 480 Lodeus @ 04/24/09 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Finally saw both the NCAA and Madden trailers. Looked fine. The gang tackling looked good. Overall I have to say these videos don't really tell me much either way. I can't believe how much people read into these things. I'd much rather read detailed gameplay impressions over watching a video or looking at screenshots.
/thread

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.