Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 421 drae2 @ 04/24/09 09:35 AM
Well, you can tell it's better than 09 already, that's for sure. But I will say that I'm some what dissapointed. Maybe the hype around this was just too much, and made some people anticipate more than what was actually delivered. And yes, people are going to compare the 2K games to this and IMO rightly so. You have to remember EA wanted this genre all to themselves, so they left themselves open to be criticized. With that being said, I'm not going to be critical of them because you can see the Ian and his crew are/have made strides, and this is only April, and it's only a trailer. I think all of us should just be patient, and stop panicking because the letters on the jersey stretch too long. This game doesn't drop for another 4 MONTHS. Now come August and the game dosen't live up to the hype (the David Ortiz daze), then I can understand the uproar, but it's just too damn early for all the negativity. The way some people act about this, you would think their first born male was on the line.

# 422 dal_hawk @ 04/24/09 09:39 AM
I like a lot of stuff I see.

Agree that the QB animations still look awkward and pretty much same as last year.

I think the running animations have got progressively more natural through each 360/ps3 update. When watching Fitz run down the pass I didn't think it looked too bad. Maybe looked weirder when Parker? was coming out of the broken tackles.

# 423 djordan @ 04/24/09 09:52 AM
Can't wait until Ian or Phil responds....

# 424 TheWatcher @ 04/24/09 09:52 AM
What was hot:

*The gang tackling... and you guys only saw the beginning of that. There's more.

*The catch animations.

*OL/DL interaction

*The overal player models have been beefed up... good job.

*Yardage struggles with multiple players TACKING on

*Watching Big Ben make the "throw the flag" signal after Dockett pushes him for no reason. Nice.

What sucked:

*The camera angle on Fight For The Fumble. Totally disconnected.

*The TD spike was awful. AWFUL. It's the same bad one we've been getting since 08. There is no authority to the spike at all.

*I think I saw Edgerrin James bowl over Lamar Woodley. You've gotta be kidding me. Who is he? Jerome Bettis now?

*The QB celebration is still not good. Same one since 06.

*The uncertainty that any of these angles from the video will be used for auto-replays

# 425 AndyBernard @ 04/24/09 09:59 AM
how are people saying the ol/dl interaction was good?

Didn't see any doubleteams, and the c/g play was awful

# 426 Exonerated @ 04/24/09 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
WTH is up with Willie Parker? It takes 4 people to bring him down? This is EXACTLY the kind of crap EA pulls EVERY year. They add some gimmicky crap(fight for every yard) that just adds more problems to the game without fixing previous fundemental problems with the game.

The game does look better but that crap with WP is just stupid. That's one of the big problems I had with the game last year. QB's and RB's breaking tackles or stiff arming defensive tackles to the ground. That dude apex even did a video on this and what did EA do? They made it worse, great job Ian and Phil you're picking up right where the old development team left off.
It's on rookie.

# 427 djordan @ 04/24/09 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
It's on rookie.
Now we don't know that...lol

# 428 TheWatcher @ 04/24/09 10:05 AM
Big Ben needs a custom flak. He doesn't look quite spot-on without it.

# 429 mva5580 @ 04/24/09 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Hey a$$hole....this is your toilet calling...we would like you come back and resume pouring your shyte into us instead of spouting it out on public forums....

As one of those people from past years I take great offense to your implied "bought-off" nonsense. There have been specific improvements to the game each year, the problem is that there have also been core issues unaddressed each year and even things that were attempted to fix did not work out the way they were intended or planned.

I hope that you get your rocks off by parroting the same tired lines every year and being so noble about warning people what to do with their money....I for one would never presume to tell someone else what they can or should do with their own capital, make your own judgment and kindly return to the throne room...

To be clear...I have zero problem with people expressing an opinion about the game or what they saw, but when they try to put their feelings and impressions to work and decide what was in the mind and heart of people they never met and never will and assign them negative character attributes, I take great offense. It is possible to critize the game, the trailers, the series etc. without the ad hominen attacks...
"but when they try to put their feelings and impressions to work and decide what was in the mind and heart of people they never met and never will and assign them negative character attributes, I take great offense."

Perhaps you should take a look in the mirror. Oh but I know I know, that's different, right?

I agree 100% with what he said, you people are pulled in hook-line-and-sinker EVERY SINGLE YEAR by these trailers, previews, etc, and then it's the same damn thing after the game is released; the complaints roll in.

You people crack me up.

# 430 eagles410 @ 04/24/09 10:09 AM
I ALREADY GOT THIS GAME!! HOW LONG HAVE YALL BEEN WORKING ON THIS AGAIN?? TWO WEEKS IT LOOKS LIKE. WELL WE NOW KNOW THERE ARE NO COLORED CLEATS IN THE GAME... ITS JUST MADDEN 09 WITH SOME DUCT TAPE.

HAND OVER THE LICENSE EA, YOUR DONE!

P.S alot of things I see on sundays are definitely not seen in this game!!

# 431 roadman @ 04/24/09 10:14 AM
Welcome to OS.

Nice first post.

# 432 djordan @ 04/24/09 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles410
I ALREADY GOT THIS GAME!! HOW LONG HAVE YALL BEEN WORKING ON THIS AGAIN?? TWO WEEKS IT LOOKS LIKE. WELL WE NOW KNOW THERE ARE NO COLORED CLEATS IN THE GAME... ITS JUST MADDEN 09 WITH SOME DUCT TAPE.

# 433 moose1619 @ 04/24/09 10:24 AM
The positives outweight the negatives in this video. Ian and Co. are taking a inferior product, one that was heading way South, and working hard to get it respectable again. I do not believe they necessarily like the foundation of the game they have to work with, but they are trying to tweak it and move it where they like it. A lot of great features are coming out of this design team and I give them props for that. I believe most fans of the series just want everything from old gen to be recreated on this gen and then new features built upon. The question is are we further along with this season than we where with the first release on the new platforms? I think so. Some tweaks are needed and the best part is we have a design team that will listen to our feedback an go out and replicate the changes we recommend.

Think about this constructive criticism is great, but negative harsh criticism is not productive for anyone. I can't say I will buy this game or not, but right now from one gameplay video I see a lot of positive things. I still need more info on franchise mode before I can say yeah or nay for me.

# 434 burne @ 04/24/09 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSmart
+1 this has to be fixed. the game looks promising but these throw animations are extremely ugly. also when they run, why do the player's knees go up so high? there is way too much knee bending in the run and throw animations. looks outside the box fellas.
+1 again. If there's one thing I want to harp on for the next 2 months and get fixed for this year, it is those goddamn throw animations. It is going to drive me insane if the game plays and looks great overall, but I have to see those animations 50-60 times a game.

# 435 eagles410 @ 04/24/09 10:27 AM

P.S ---EVERY THING YOU SEE ON SUNDAYS, SEE IT IN MADDEN. THEY BIT OFF TOO MUCH THAN THEY CAN CHEW, alot of things I see on sundays are definitely not seen in this trailer!

# 436 drae2 @ 04/24/09 10:29 AM
Quote:

P.S ---EVERY THING YOU SEE ON SUNDAYS, SEE IT IN MADDEN. THEY BIT OFF TOO MUCH THAN THEY CAN CHEW, alot of things I see on sundays are definitely not seen in this trailer!
hmmmmmmmmmmmm......not exactly what you should do on your first post, all the yelling and all.

# 437 briax87 @ 04/24/09 10:31 AM
Quote:

use your indoor voice

# 438 roadman @ 04/24/09 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
If you really thought the game in prior years was heading "way South," then why did you, as a previous Community Day participant, NEVER say that but instead always come back and give a glowing preview? That's why some of us have a beef with previous year Community Day attendees. The game sucked, yet all of the Community Day write-ups were nothing but hype. Maybe if you guys had come back in previous years and said that the game was heading "way South," like you're doing now, we'd all be in better shape than we are now.

Sorry...just had to get that off my chest.
This time I think you are incorrect.

It's Moostache that went to CD's, not the moose you quoted.

# 439 davep @ 04/24/09 10:48 AM
Yep, it's the running animations with the knees that go up to their nipples that makes them look weird. I'm not exactly sure why they can't just mo-cap a dude running normally.

Other aspects look good though!

# 440 djordan @ 04/24/09 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Ians making a thread as we speak.
Can't wait to read.....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.