Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 401 Lumalu @ 04/24/09 07:03 AM
Looks better than last year. Hopefully the game will play better to.

at the usual 2K comparisons. Maybe its an EA marketing strategy, everyone seems to get more amped each year when comparing the two titles.

# 402 Behindshadows @ 04/24/09 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumalu
Looks better than last year. Hopefully the game will play better to.

at the usual 2K comparisons. Maybe its an EA marketing strategy, everyone seems to get more amped each year when comparing the two titles.
I know right! And the one thing I find funny about the comparisons is how quick they came about. No matter if this footage was going to be good or bad. Those guys had their **** prepared and ready to do the comparison and have reason to knock Madden 10. That says enough within itself.

People can't let go and will forever hate this series and be ready to tare it apart. I mean goodness 5 years later and the pain and agony doesn't end. The bitter taste of exclusivity makes people want to cut their wrist. lol

I mean it's video game politics 101 in here.

# 403 jacory12 @ 04/24/09 07:27 AM
HEY! The Cardinals actually got a pass off on the last play of the super bowl. Something they should've had to Fitzgerald just like that.

# 404 radatdude2 @ 04/24/09 07:32 AM
just watch the Vid and looks really promising. I like how number # 54 for the Cards has the fitted short white sleeves on, but really colored cleats needs to be addressed and EA please every black person is not the same color!!! Holmes and parker are not light brown they are dark skin. overall i liked it and look for to more info this weekend.

# 405 Blitzburgh @ 04/24/09 07:51 AM
I'm not going to say this game is not going to be be good or even great but because I really have NO idea at this point. However, my first impression of what I just saw- it was just alright for me.

I kind of feel like Madden has become a bit stale after the last 3 tries. I guess I am expecting a different look and feel to the game or something. Like another persons comment about the 10 second Backbreaker clip- I agree, it was impressive and looked like something new.

Again just based off of a sizzle trailer- this game needs new running animations(engine?) and there are something about the player models? They look great sometimes but you can tell it's madden. I want it to look different i guess. I don't want to be able to tell it's Madden- does that make any sense? Oh well, I will wait until i see it in action on my TV from blockbuster this year.
Thanks,
Blitz

# 406 coogrfan @ 04/24/09 07:56 AM
Re: the Wii trailer...

That is all.

As for the 360/PS3 overall I liked what I saw. Yeah, there were some things that looked bad, but this game is showing promise.

# 407 JMD @ 04/24/09 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Way too many jerky animations and weird running stuff. Liked the gang tackling, but I don't fee like I'm watching natural movements, just a series of animations. Speed seemed weird as well. And the Rothlesberger pump fake and throwing animation made me wince. We are still years away...
My feelings as well. I'll need to see some real gameplay before I make my final decision, but this trailer did nothing for me.

# 408 djordan @ 04/24/09 08:09 AM
I wake up this morning after staying up until 3:00 a.m...

all I can say again is WOW at some of you dudes..

"I WILL NEVER BUY A MADDEN GAME AGAIN... THIS SUCKS"
" WTF WAS THAT DB NOT LOOKING AT THE BALL FOR? NO SELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!"
"GRRRR...TroY POLUMULO HAIR ISNT LONG ENOUGH...WORST GAME EVER"

HAHHAHAHHAH...YOU GUYS ARE FUNNY...Funny also how everyone comes out the woodwork posting how it sucks but not once did I see them give any ideas or wishlist ideas..You have dudes with 1 posts comming talking ish...lol.

GET THIS...EVEN IAN SAID THAT THERE WERE SOME MOMENTS IN THE VIDEO THAT MADE HIM CRINGE AND WERE OFF.....SO APPARENTLY HE IS AWARE!!!!!!

GOSH!...lol

# 409 STLRams @ 04/24/09 08:19 AM
I agree, its to early for me to judge Madden10 based on one video. I saw some nice things in the video, the only thing that bothered me was the stiffness and robotic movement of the QB, RB, and WR's. Fellas we really need to see some more gameplay videos before we nitpick and judge it. I want this game to be great just like everyone else, but we can't start firing guns already. Like I said it was a nice video, the only thing that worried me is the stiffness of the players and the use of some old traditional Madden animations, but I did see a few animations I never saw before which was good. Hopefully from now till July and Ian and devs will iron and smooth somethings out, especially the stiffness of the players running and movements.

# 410 countryboy @ 04/24/09 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I REALLY liked what I saw there.

The tackling and overall animation system looks SOOO much better. Now let's see how they've improved the presentation.

I'm excited
Same here my man...same here!! That looked phoenomenal!!

Now lets see that presentation

# 411 Netherscourge @ 04/24/09 08:29 AM
I'm glad I saw a 4-man gang-tackle for once, and an opposing player trying to push the whole pack.

Yay - gang tackles with more then 2 tacklers!!

# 412 Exonerated @ 04/24/09 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
I'm glad I saw a 4-man gang-tackle for once, and an opposing player trying to push the whole pack.

Yay - gang tackles with more then 2 tacklers!!
And Sweed pushing the pile!

So 6 guys around the one ball.

# 413 JMD @ 04/24/09 08:34 AM
Here's a question I'd like answered. Why do the players in the screen shots look so much better then what I saw in that trailer?

# 414 slimm44 @ 04/24/09 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I REALLY liked what I saw there.

The tackling and overall animation system looks SOOO much better. Now let's see how they've improved the presentation.

I'm excited
Agreed. My biggest gripe from previous versions was the ridiculous animations (or lack thereof) and their effect on gameplay, along with cheese. It seems like they placed most off their emphasis on changing the bonehead plays (fullback dive, qb sneak, etc) and replacing stupid animations with procedural awareness. I think the graphics will get more polished, the framerate will be smoothed out, and we will see more features and changes in the game that will make it the best next gen Madden yet.

Also, I don't remember seeing ANY pancakes. There were times where the outside rushers were pushed down, but no "knock em off their feet and put em on their backs" pancaks. I haven't read through the thread, but has anybody else noticed this?

# 415 Goffs @ 04/24/09 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Here's a question I'd like answered. Why do the players in the screen shots look so much better then what I saw in that trailer?
probably an older build but i know what you mean though...that pic with Ronnie Brown taking the snap sticks out the most in my mind

# 416 Netherscourge @ 04/24/09 08:41 AM
The on-field tackling and overall animation looks pretty tight.

But what I really want to know is if they revamped the presentation stuff.

# 417 lnin0 @ 04/24/09 09:23 AM
Breaking tackles is cool but seems way overdone. I hope this years game does not turn into a contest to see who can mash buttons faster. I can see it getting out of hand quick and being the run away game breaker. And then in its defense I can see "its not cheese if I break out of a three man gang tackle by mashing turbo"

# 418 Champ24 @ 04/24/09 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Breaking tackles is cool but seems way overdone. I hope this years game does not turn into a contest to see who can mash buttons faster. I can see it getting out of hand quick and being the run away game breaker. And then in its defense I can see "its not cheese if I break out of a three man gang tackle by mashing turbo"
Serious question, what would a trailer be if it didn't show broken tackles. I'm sure it was just for the cinematic effect, not representing what you will see 3 plays out of 4.

# 419 Exonerated @ 04/24/09 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Trailers are never on anything but rookie or pro. You can break out of 1000 tackles on these two difficulties.

# 420 davep @ 04/24/09 09:33 AM
Hmmmmm....nothing that gets me too excited in the trailer. I'll be waiting a week or two after everyone gets it (and the hype has calmed down) before dropping 60$.

I honestly have no idea why the running animations look so unnatural and inorganic...and have for so long? I know this is an early build, but I also know there's no way they're going to recapture them now.

We'll see....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.