Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out this new Madden NFL 10 video, showing off The Extra Point Halftime Report.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 eagles410 @ 06/03/09 09:30 PM
per Ian Cummings twitter: OS peeps don't like a lot of things. We will talk about everything when we get back...hard to comment now.

# 182 pfunk880 @ 06/03/09 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles410
per Ian Cummings twitter: OS peeps don't like a lot of things. We will talk about everything when we get back...hard to comment now.
Hmmmm....

And more:

Quote:
I'm rather unimpressed with a lot of recent posts on OS. It's insanely frustrating to add so much in one year and just get clowned on.
Quote:
I wonder how this is even acceptable... Me: "we added 100 community requests", Community: "what a letdown". OS culture...why so serious?

# 183 TreyIM2 @ 06/03/09 09:35 PM
Yea, complain, complain, complain is all some up here know how to do...Hmm, all this talk of Madden 05 reminds me that I still have that game. I forgot. Lol. Time to throw it in the PS3 cuz I don't remember much, if anything about that game. Gotta admit, 2K5 took over me for a little after I was done with Madden 05.

# 184 dbeth @ 06/03/09 09:49 PM
SERIOUSLY?!?!?

Obviously in this internet age, everyone's a critic, and nothing will ever be good enough anymore.

Yes, there's no sound, but you wanted halftime highlights and got them. Can we be happy for all the effort Ian and his team put forth for this game? They did a heck of a job this year in a one-year turnaround and, for me, I'm the most hyped for a Madden game EVER! I haven't bought Madden on a main console since 1999.

I remember back when they would hold E3 (or any game convention), and you had to wait a month or two to see it in EGM or Gamepro magazine. You'd get hyped off 1 or 2 pics and be fired up.

Now, people see a vid instantly with 1000000000 new things/improvements and people find one thing ("NO COLORED CLEATS!" or "THE NEW TOWELS ARE IN THE WRONG SPOT!" or "THE GUY IN THE BLEACHERS HAS HIS SODA IN THE WRONG HANG!") to just freak out over.

I don't know if I can handle 2 straight months of nitpicking before this game comes out. Please prove me wrong! Pleeeeeeease!

# 185 eagles410 @ 06/03/09 09:58 PM
everyone needs to realize...this is a ggggaaaammmmmeeeee... a computer system....not real life. Theres only so much you can do with a ggggaaaaammmmmeeeeee. what are you guys expecting?

good work ea

Just remember to add that patch to the game for highlights of the week

-Killa

# 186 eagles410 @ 06/03/09 10:16 PM
people talking all this stuff and havent even picked up a controller involving Madden 10. Pick up the sticks first....then judge.

# 187 Rback21 @ 06/03/09 10:18 PM
HIGHLIGHTS and commentary please!

# 188 Yo-Yo @ 06/03/09 10:27 PM
In the end of the Broncos video, I saw Kyle Orton's hair constantly twitching and changing colors. God I hope that will get fixed.

# 189 Bumble14 @ 06/03/09 10:33 PM
If Ian thinks that's bad, try being a staff writer here ;-)

Juuuuust kidding guys.

Halftime show is weak. What ever happened to the days of NHL 94 with intermission out of town scores and highlights? I wish our 360's and PS3's were capable of that type of technology.

Overall I am pretty impressed with Madden as a whole- there are a lot of additions to be very excited about. That being said, I just don't think Ian can really complain about OSer's expectations considering how much of a step backwards the Madden series has been on this generation of consoles. If anything, this is where the franchise should have been when Madden 06 was released on 360.

Ian-

You can not expect a community as passionate as OS to be satisfied with just a quality product, they are looking for something groundbreaking and epic- ala NHL 09. You've had the exclusive NFL license for years now, there should not be any areas of your game, especially presentation, that should be lagging behind NFL 2K5- or NHL 94 for that matter.

# 190 Eddie1967 @ 06/03/09 10:35 PM
That was pretty bad. I can't understand why the folks at EA are not willing to make use of the ESPN license. It's pretty sad to be this far into the next gen era and not have the best pre, half and post game highlight show we have ever seen in a video game. I can't believe the people who created that thought it was good. I'm still going to rent to get a taste of the game play but I don't have much hope for the presentation.

# 191 HealyMonster @ 06/03/09 10:37 PM
For me, its not so much "whats missing" Its the quality of what is there. The highlights are not shown properly and when the woman speaks it sounds completely ridiculous. I can live with what they give me to play as who am I to say the game suck because it "doesnt do this" or "doesnt do that". But you better believe when I play what they give me, if its garbage, im going to say its garbage.

This is my beef. I really hate to start judging the game on a 2 minute demo of a halftime show but apply the halftime show to the rest of the world. A good student is a good student. A bad student is a bad student. Its not like bad students do great in half there classes and then do nothing in the other half. A bad student, doesnt study and gets bad grades.

If you release a solid game, half the game isnt poor quality and the other half is great quality. A bad game is a bad game, a good quality game is a good quality game. I mean great games dont have these parts in it that are thrown together and dont work properly.

If they cant implement something and make it work the way its supposed to, then it shouldnt be in the game. It should be on the cutting room floor. This is a leadership issue that obviously still isnt straightened out at EA.

# 192 rckabillyRaider @ 06/03/09 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
+1

It needs some music, and the voice over is horrible.. sounds like the female version of Tom-bot Hammond.
+2

pretty weak halftime "show"

# 193 rckabillyRaider @ 06/03/09 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Okay, I'm not one to nitpick, and bash for no good reason. But that Halftime Report reeked.

'Why so silent?'

No commentary whatsoever? C'mon, seriously? It had to be turned off for E3, or something. Because that just didn't seem right.
it should just be black and white, add some film crackle noises and speed up the framerate a bit

# 194 zayiaf62089 @ 06/03/09 11:29 PM
Did anybody notice that the entire in-game commentary is still the same? "It's a pretty rare kicker that can kick a ball that far with that kind of accuracy, that was just a cannon shot." I just heard that playing '09 today!

# 195 Steelerlad777 @ 06/03/09 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colladie
uhhh...
that was a pretty bland halftime report

Agreed, I'm excited for the weekly review but hopefully they'll make some changes for the halftime show, like not showing 1 yard runs as major plays. I think the dev. team should be able to fix that in time for August.

# 196 davep @ 06/03/09 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
it should just be black and white, add some film crackle noises and speed up the framerate a bit
this is one of the funniest posts i've ever read on here.

thank you.

# 197 Saijahn @ 06/03/09 11:43 PM
i agree with the general consensus, it's better than nothing

# 198 GOD OF LIFE @ 06/03/09 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
SERIOUSLY?!?!?

Obviously in this internet age, everyone's a critic, and nothing will ever be good enough anymore.

Yes, there's no sound, but you wanted halftime highlights and got them. Can we be happy for all the effort Ian and his team put forth for this game? They did a heck of a job this year in a one-year turnaround and, for me, I'm the most hyped for a Madden game EVER! I haven't bought Madden on a main console since 1999.

I remember back when they would hold E3 (or any game convention), and you had to wait a month or two to see it in EGM or Gamepro magazine. You'd get hyped off 1 or 2 pics and be fired up.

Now, people see a vid instantly with 1000000000 new things/improvements and people find one thing ("NO COLORED CLEATS!" or "THE NEW TOWELS ARE IN THE WRONG SPOT!" or "THE GUY IN THE BLEACHERS HAS HIS SODA IN THE WRONG HANG!") to just freak out over.

I don't know if I can handle 2 straight months of nitpicking before this game comes out. Please prove me wrong! Pleeeeeeease!
Stop makin excuses ya its better then..nothing..? but its that how far we have dropped. Remeber IT IS THE YEAR 2009 THE PS3/360 OUR POWERFUL MACHINES why are we getting a halftime-show that would be consider decent for Madden 2005 on the PS2...seriously. Im happy EA is makin improvements but when people say well at least they added it, hey its better then nothing is just ridiculous. No one is asking for a replica of a MNF halftime show but come on...no sound, showing a 1 yard play, no cutsceneses no broadcasters..really?

# 199 titansftw @ 06/03/09 11:44 PM
Im not happy about this. To me a halftime show means commentarry durin the highlihgts. It makes me feel like they left it out on purpose so they can put it in next year and call it a new feature. I am sad. I was expecting at least what 2k5 had. this is just the same as Madden 09 except theres a new halftime report logo.

but i am happy for the other show. the weekly rapup. that looks tight.

# 200 titansftw @ 06/03/09 11:50 PM
I agree it is way b3ttter than nothing but I was hoping for more. really if it had commentary on the plays itd be as good as I wanted.I hope there is soemthing special for the playoffs and superbowl tho.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.