Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out this new Madden NFL 10 video, showing off The Extra Point Halftime Report.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Jono078 @ 06/03/09 11:51 PM
I agree with those saying something is better than nothing.

BUT, let me just write now as if something isn't good enough.

I just watched it properly, and wow... Some chick says let's look at the highlights.. We see highlights with stats of that play. Then at the end that little stat comparison thing that chick sounds so robotic, some of the worst audio work i've ever heard. There was a game that came out in 2005 on PS2 in Australia a small budget sports game called Rugby League 2, that had even better commentary sort of stuff :|

Very surprised about that audio even being allowed in Madden 10, she should never be hired again.

I hope Ian doesn't take it too personal, I don't want to diss them, I believe in them and that we'll get a great product this year and the following years, but i'm stunned by this ladies delivery of lines..

# 202 rckabillyRaider @ 06/03/09 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORICAN
Ouch!! Man, I just saw the halftime highlights. Please, someone tell me this feature is not completed yet..right?. I didn't hear any play-by-play a-la Chris Berman comentary.

peace
Im with you on that one. Im holding out hope that this feature is nowhere near completed yet

# 203 The Bringer @ 06/03/09 11:52 PM
Well after watching that a few words come to mind,Lackluster,unfinished,weak,boring,dull.

Not even close to what I see on Sunday on FOX,CBS OR NBC...But that is what many of us were told and promised....Correct?

I could go on but i don't want anyone banning me for my honest opinion.

The truth is the Bar was set high by EA and Madden 10 Dev's,but from what I have seen presentation wise leaves a lot to be desired.

I understand you want to make a new style,but all you really have to do is COPY 2k5's Presentation aspect(STEP BY STEP) and then add your touches to it,and only then will you have a complete FOOTBALL SIM GAME.Until that IS ACHIEVED you will continue to be swarmed with threads such as this one calling for you EA SPORTS Madden Dev's to bring your A game to the table in all aspects of the game,not the C- with this type of Presentation to the Madden Franchise.

That's my honest opinion. I love madden esp online,but it breaks my heart knowing that the game is not on the same lvl with a game made 5 years ago on a weaker system.

I hope you improve on the weak areas of the game,I am sure you know what they are.If not look at the threads with many people disappointed and you can start working from there.

Patches are fine and I am willing to see what Madden 11 brings,but you must understand. to be the man you have to beat the man...or in your case compete with the man.

I wish you well in your game improvements and look forward to your achieve-ful success.

# 204 GOD OF LIFE @ 06/03/09 11:59 PM
should this even be a new feature? compare this to 09's where Madden says lets look at the replays and you can choose the replay and the view you want. Now this year a robotic lady comes on and says lets look at the highlights showing you a few highlights (INT's and 1 yard runs) and thats it....

Is this really a improvement over 09? honestly if i had to choose i might just want to choose to view my own replays. this is not a halftime show.

I pray this is un-finished but i have doubts because it makes no sense to show a highly anticipated new feature at a huge even un-finished jus 3 months before release date.

I think what we got here was a 95% finished product.

on the other hand gameply looks awesome, too bad presentation still isnt there.

# 205 Ozeob @ 06/04/09 12:56 AM
Is it possible that EA are scared to use the whole 'ESPN' broadcast style (ala 2K5) because people will start saying they've copied?
Are they too 'proud' to not grab the idea from their competitors? If that's the case then it's pretty disappointing. It's as though they're going out of their way to be different and prove that they don't need to use 2K's ideas.
EA, please go and get ESPN's producer,director, artist and whoever else you need and get their input into presentation and use it next year, please.

I do like that they're trying to improve their presentation but it just seems like they're making it harder than it should be.

# 206 Bump101 @ 06/04/09 12:57 AM
Let me start by saying, I'm not a regular poster on these boards, as I consider myself a lurker more then anything. But I couldn't resist posting in this thread because everything that has been released at E3 with the exception of online franchise, has been the most disappointing thing I have seen or read about madden 10 thus far.

I mean Ian and co. has stated numerous times that the presentation for madden 10 will blow NFL2k5 out the water, so I was expecting big things. Yet we get a halftime show with a robotic commentator that only speak one liners and a weekly wrap up show with no highlights. I just don't understand how this happened.

I mean the community has stated numerous times that all EA had to do was mimic what 2k5 did as far as presentation goes and add their own flavor to it and we would be happy. Yet we are stuck with a halftime and weekly wrap up show that will probably get skipped and passed over by most people after the first week of having the game.

My question to anyone who's willing to answer truthfully is, are we left with a watered down halftime and weekly wrap up show because Ian and co. was too busy fixing and tweaking the gameplay and overall core of franchise mode that was a complete mess, that the last regime created. Or are we left with this crap we saw at E3 because the guys at EA was to stubborn to "copy" their so called competition?

I mean think about it. EA is sitting on the ESPN license. They could have easily mimic what 2k5 did and more, seeing as though 2k5 was on a last gen system and EA could have took it to another level with the extra power the 360 and ps3 provides. But EA was so persisted on building their "own brand"(ie EA sports Extra Point, EA sports halftime report, etc.)that we the customer is left holding the short end of the stick as far as presentation goes. I mean not using ESPN as the core for presentation because EA would rather promote their own brand instead of another brand(ESPN) is down right naive and simple minded. At some some point the guys at EA have to swallow their pride when it comes to presentation. I know 2k5 used ESPN as their core for presentation and EA doesn't want to be looked at as copycats or not being original but at some point you have to give the customers what they want. Especially, when they already have what we want(the ESPN license)but not using it. Hell, even if they chose to use their own brand, they still could have came better then what we have seen so far. If you ask me the guys at EA ego's got in the way of creating the perfect game.

All the improvements Ian and co. made with the gameplay will be for nothing, because they dropped the ball with the presentation. They give us 9 man gang tackling, WR/DB interaction, OL/DL interaction, pro tak, better cpu AI logic during franchise, colored cleats, hand warmers, online franchise, on the field refs, the wildcat, player momentum(?), and all these other great features and improvements, yet the halftime and weekly wrap up show is trash.

I'm so disappointed right now. This is why I was concerned with EA releasing the little stuff first(back in January)and saving the big stuff(presentation)for last. When the little stuff was being release, the community could give input and Ian and co. could go back and tweak whatever problem that was there. Now with it being so close to the cut off time as far as production goes, most likely what we saw at E3 is what we will get when the game is shipped.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the halftime show will have some type of music playing during the highlights, but even if this is true it's still kinda whack if you ask me. I understand that it's so much EA can do in one year, but when you confidently come out and say madden 10 will put NFL2k5 to rest, you better come with your A game in all areas of the game and EA didn't do that.

I will give Ian and co. all the credit in the world because the changes they made to the game has transformed madden from a mediocre game to a top of the line quality game. And although madden 10 will go down as the best "madden game" ever, it probably won't go down as the best "NFL video game" ever. But overall I think it still will be a good game, just not as good as it could have been.

I have yet to buy a madden game on a next gen system, due to the low quality of the games that was released. I probably will buy madden 10(after reading the feedback from the OS members after the game is release) but I won't be buying this game the same day it comes out, as I originally planned. I'm damn sure will not be camping out at midnight the day it gets release either. Instead, I'm going to wait a few months til the price drop on amazon or Ebay and go from there. During these hard time with the recession and all, I'm a little more wiser on how I spent my money and I think madden 10 is going to be a great game to own just not a must have game.

Sorry about the rant but I thought I'll let out my frustration about the stuff that was release at E3(the halftime and weekly wrap up show) in this thread, and to tell Ian and co. to step their game up as far as presentation goes for madden 11.

Peace.

# 207 Dawkins#20 @ 06/04/09 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump101
Let me start by saying, I'm not a regular poster on these boards, as I consider myself a lurker more then anything. But I couldn't resist posting in this thread because everything that has been released at E3 with the exception of online franchise, has been the most disappointing thing I have seen or read about madden 10 thus far.

I mean Ian and co. has stated numerous times that the presentation for madden 10 will blow NFL2k5 out the water, so I was expecting big things. Yet we get a halftime show with a robotic commentator that only speak one liners and a weekly wrap up show with no highlights. I just don't understand how this happened.

I mean the community has stated numerous times that all EA had to do was mimic what 2k5 did as far as presentation goes and add their own flavor to it and we would be happy. Yet we are stuck with a halftime and weekly wrap up show that will probably get skipped and passed over by most people after the first week of having the game.

My question to anyone who's willing to answer truthfully is, are we left with a watered down halftime and weekly wrap up show because Ian and co. was too busy fixing and tweaking the gameplay and overall core of franchise mode that was a complete mess, that the last regime created. Or are we left with this crap we saw at E3 because the guys at EA was to stubborn to "copy" their so called competition?

I mean think about it. EA is sitting on the ESPN license. They could have easily mimic what 2k5 did and more, seeing as though 2k5 was on a last gen system and EA could have took it to another level with the extra power the 360 and ps3 provides. But EA was so persisted on building their "own brand"(ie EA sports Extra Point, EA sports halftime report, etc.)that we the customer is left holding the short end of the stick as far as presentation goes. I mean not using ESPN as the core for presentation because EA would rather promote their own brand instead of another brand(ESPN) is down right naive and simple minded. At some some point the guys at EA have to swallow their pride when it comes to presentation. I know 2k5 used ESPN as their core for presentation and EA doesn't want to be looked at as copycats or not being original but at some point you have to give the customers what they want. Especially, when they already have what we want(the ESPN license)but not using it. Hell, even if they chose to use their own brand, they still could have came better then what we have seen so far. If you ask me the guys at EA ego's got in the way of creating the perfect game.

All the improvements Ian and co. made with the gameplay will be for nothing, because they dropped the ball with the presentation. They give us 9 man gang tackling, WR/DB interaction, OL/DL interaction, pro tak, better cpu AI logic during franchise, colored cleats, hand warmers, online franchise, on the field refs, the wildcat, player momentum(?), and all these other great features and improvements, yet the halftime and weekly wrap up show is trash.

I'm so disappointed right now. This is why I was concerned with EA releasing the little stuff first(back in January)and saving the big stuff(presentation)for last. When the little stuff was being release, the community could give input and Ian and co. could go back and tweak whatever problem that was there. Now with it being so close to the cut off time as far as production goes, most likely what we saw at E3 is what we will get when the game is shipped.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the halftime show will have some type of music playing during the highlights, but even if this is true it's still kinda whack if you ask me. I understand that it's so much EA can do in one year, but when you confidently come out and say madden 10 will put NFL2k5 to rest, you better come with your A game in all areas of the game and EA didn't do that.

I will give Ian and co. all the credit in the world because the changes they made to the game has transformed madden from a mediocre game to a top of the line quality game. And although madden 10 will go down as the best "madden game" ever, it probably won't go down as the best "NFL video game" ever. But overall I think it still will be a good game, just not as good as it could have been.

I have yet to buy a madden game on a next gen system, due to the low quality of the games that was released. I probably will buy madden 10(after reading the feedback from the OS members after the game is release) but I won't be buying this game the same day it comes out, as I originally planned. I'm damn sure will not be camping out at midnight the day it gets release either. Instead, I'm going to wait a few months til the price drop on amazon or Ebay and go from there. During these hard time with the recession and all, I'm a little more wiser on how I spent my money and I think madden 10 is going to be a great game to own just not a must have game.

Sorry about the rant but I thought I'll let out my frustration about the stuff that was release at E3(the halftime and weekly wrap up show) in this thread, and to tell Ian and co. to step their game up as far as presentation goes for madden 11.

Peace.
Agreed halftime show was lacking, all they do is play some highlights, would have liked some progressive commentary on the highlights, like in 2k5. Oh well the shows are a little lacklustre but collectively it's looking great

# 208 Hellisan @ 06/04/09 01:55 AM
62 was doing a damn good job of hunkering down there at the end of the half.

All kidding aside, I'm guessing they'll add something to that. Commentary, something... I dunno, but I agree it needs a bit more polish. Still a WIP for sure eh

# 209 jmood88 @ 06/04/09 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bringer
The truth is the Bar was set high by EA and Madden 10 Dev's,but from what I have seen presentation wise leaves a lot to be desired.

I understand you want to make a new style,but all you really have to do is COPY 2k5's Presentation aspect(STEP BY STEP) and then add your touches to it
The funny part is that the fan cut scenes and the coach cut scenes were straight out of 2k5 but the rest of the presentation was like you said, dull.

# 210 titansftw @ 06/04/09 03:53 AM
Im sorry guys but this game is looking sick!

THe fact that I only have ONE complaint just hit me. The only thing I don't like is the lack of comentary on the highlights. But othe rthan that?

This game looks amazing in graphics

watching the vids at E3, you can see the QB missing the mark on passes

you can see the uniforms are very detailed

you can see Cutler throwing the way he really does

the huds and stuff are tight

the defenders look solid

the field looks great

the rain does too

franchise looks fun as hell

the weekly stat thing on franchise looks way way better than what we had in 09. yeah, many people wanted highlieghts of other games, but really? compare what 10 will have compared to what 09 had. it looks SICK.

the player models are the best I have ever seen in a football game

and even on the halftime show thing, the screen thing going in and out of it looks totally sweet. the stat overlay at the end seems no different to me than 2k5, so I dont know what all the gripe is there.

the highlights look sweet.

then, the new passer ratings, the pro tak stuff.

I mean really, this game looks awesome. Yeah, it has the one flaw, but come on! How can you not be excited?!

Trust me, tomorrow you will see the bigger picture and most of you will agree with me.

had to repost this since for whatever reason making threads about your opinion isn't allowed here on this message board and mine got closed by the mods lol

But I gotta post this in the negative threads to remind people that it really isnt as bad as all that. sheeesh look at the bright side man! This game looks tight as heck.

After all the good things I like, after all the threads where 95 percent was like "wow Ian wow!" to get just one thread or two where its the opposite? that is a GOOD thing baby!

# 211 titansftw @ 06/04/09 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
Nowhere is it said that you aren't allowed to post your opinion. If it's on a topic that already has it's own thread, you should post it in there. That's why the mod closed your thread.
nah, he said it was cuz it cluttered the forum. Im guessing looking on the bright side isnt as important as the news we are recieving. Just saying cuz I dont see any threads about our overall impressions you know?

It seems like theres a bunch of negative rants in the news sections, but not too many threads about the good stuff.

but I get the clutter thing. since its E3 you know there will need to be some room for news only stuff.

# 212 SageInfinite @ 06/04/09 04:21 AM
EA's new to this "presentation" thing guys. We're lucky they even got some decent camera angles on the halftime show.

# 213 Progenitor @ 06/04/09 04:21 AM
I hope that when they do put in Highlights for the Halftime "Show", (Whether it's M10 or M11)
they makes sure it's highlights from around the league.

I mean, come on, the only reason we watch the Halftime shows in real life is so that we can see what's going on around the league, not for a recap of the game we're currently watching

# 214 KnightRider66 @ 06/04/09 04:24 AM
I hope this halftime video was an earlier version, maybe by now they've added voice over and better camera angles.....all we were given was the video, with no explanation.....sooo I wouldn't assume it's gonna look that awful.....at least I hope....

# 215 titansftw @ 06/04/09 04:24 AM
ha thats a good point progenitor.

still, I mostly like what we have here in 10. I only have the one gripe.

# 216 wslate @ 06/04/09 04:48 AM
Oh!

# 217 jmood88 @ 06/04/09 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
EA's new to this "presentation" thing guys. We're lucky they even got some decent camera angles on the halftime show.
But they have guys who have been spending months hyping everything up and then want to get mad when people aren't falling over themselves congraulating them on their presentation.

# 218 titansftw @ 06/04/09 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
But they have guys who have been spending months hyping everything up and then want to get mad when people aren't falling over themselves congraulating them on their presentation.
okay true but the only thing they droped the ball on is comenting during the halftime replays. the other stuff including the franchise show thing look really good. at least way better than 09

# 219 jmood88 @ 06/04/09 04:53 AM
The animations don't look that good to me at all.

# 220 titansftw @ 06/04/09 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
The animations don't look that good to me at all.
i'm talking about the actual real footage thing in franchise. by animations do you mean the player models and stuff?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.