Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out this new Madden NFL 10 video, showing off The Extra Point Halftime Report.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 pepp32 @ 06/04/09 05:43 AM
i'LL GIVE U THE AUDIO COMPLAINTS BUT THE GUY WHO SHOT THE VIDEO SAID HE SUPER SIM'D THROUGH THE FIRST HALF SO THATS WHY THEY WERE ****TY HIGHLIGHTS

# 222 ken986 @ 06/04/09 05:54 AM
i didn't find it to be horrible at all.

I mean, c'mon guys... after a month, we'll be skipping the halftime show anyway. It's really not such a big deal. The game looks solid. Let's hope it's what we prayed for and not another '09...

# 223 FlyingFinn @ 06/04/09 06:02 AM
What is the point of a halftime report that just shows highlights with no one in the studio talking about them? Waste of time, space and effort if you ask me. Do it right or don't put it in until you can

# 224 FlyingFinn @ 06/04/09 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken986
I mean, c'mon guys... after a month, we'll be skipping the halftime show anyway. It's really not such a big deal. The game looks solid. Let's hope it's what we prayed for and not another '09...

Not true, I still watch the halftime show in every 2k5 game I play.

# 225 Sardine117 @ 06/04/09 06:19 AM
Overall Madden 10 seems like en awesome game so far. Gameplay is good, at least better than last year. Graphics and weather effects are top-notch and in-game presentation (cutscenes) gives the game a great look. My only negative point is all these shows which are too short, and lack music or commentary by the hosts.

# 226 FlyingFinn @ 06/04/09 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
For me, its not so much "whats missing" Its the quality of what is there. The highlights are not shown properly and when the woman speaks it sounds completely ridiculous. I can live with what they give me to play as who am I to say the game suck because it "doesnt do this" or "doesnt do that". But you better believe when I play what they give me, if its garbage, im going to say its garbage.

This is my beef. I really hate to start judging the game on a 2 minute demo of a halftime show but apply the halftime show to the rest of the world. A good student is a good student. A bad student is a bad student. Its not like bad students do great in half there classes and then do nothing in the other half. A bad student, doesnt study and gets bad grades.

If you release a solid game, half the game isnt poor quality and the other half is great quality. A bad game is a bad game, a good quality game is a good quality game. I mean great games dont have these parts in it that are thrown together and dont work properly.

If they cant implement something and make it work the way its supposed to, then it shouldnt be in the game. It should be on the cutting room floor. This is a leadership issue that obviously still isnt straightened out at EA.

EA has stated on numerous occassions that the reason all the last gen features were not in next gen was because they didn't want to put them in until they could do it in a way that was truly next gen.

That was truly next gen ???

# 227 johnprestonevans @ 06/04/09 08:43 AM
Im happy about the Halftime Show's inclusion in this years game. The editing is really nice. The camera angles are looking good too. I like how they talk about the stats a bit, but I really wish they had full commentary of the highlight portion. Same with the NFL Access weekly Extra Point Show. They recap the game, but they don't have highlights from around the league. Maybe im being picky. It's great this stuff is finally in Madden, but it hasn't quite been taken to the level I want it to be. Still, some great groundwork from EA here. Much improved over Madden 09's halftime show.

# 228 countryboy @ 06/04/09 08:56 AM
I look at this and I see a foundation for better things to come.

No the halftime report may not be as extravagant as we may want, but its a place to start. Look at where we were and compare it to where we are now after one year, and then allow yourself to think of what could be in the future.

# 229 Netherscourge @ 06/04/09 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Just something to note (from ChaseB's writeup):

(On another note, I see a lot of people complaining about the highlights within the halftime show. While I understand some of the complaints, I want to be clear that the reason the highlights are bad is because I Super Simmed to get to the halftime show quickly. When you Super Sim, the game does not create manufactured highlights from the simmed plays. In other words, the game only had a handful of plays from the half to choose from, so you saw things like a 4-yard run and so on.)

People are not complaining about the lack of good replays in the highlight show - people are complaining about the fact that there is no commentary or analysis OF the Highlights; and there are no Highlights from any OTHER games in the league.

# 230 roadman @ 06/04/09 09:04 AM
I missed all the brew-ha-ha yesterday.

Anyway, here's my take.

Would everyone agree this is the best one year leap in the Madden series on NG? I'm just talking about Madden on NG, alone.

The gameplay looks good, online franchise is in, colored cleats are in, Ray Lewis intro is in, etc....... It looks a lot better than 09, much better.

NBA 2k9 had the lamest halftime I've ever seen besides the NG Maddens. They went to a Sports Central area without anyone present on camera and a voice-over going over the stats.

This is NBA 2k9 we are talking about, the kings, supposedly of presentation. And yet, no one rips their attempt of a half-time show.

Irony.

# 231 Cj7298419 @ 06/04/09 09:30 AM
First time I saw halftime vid and I almost spit out my water laughing at how pathetic that was. Oh well, I'll be skipping that lame attempt at a halftime show.

C'mon EA, if you're gonna tweak your presentation you gotta do it the right way. Not half-*** it.

# 232 grlacher @ 06/04/09 09:48 AM
+1

# 233 jmood88 @ 06/04/09 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Just something to note (from ChaseB's writeup):

(On another note, I see a lot of people complaining about the highlights within the halftime show. While I understand some of the complaints, I want to be clear that the reason the highlights are bad is because I Super Simmed to get to the halftime show quickly. When you Super Sim, the game does not create manufactured highlights from the simmed plays. In other words, the game only had a handful of plays from the half to choose from, so you saw things like a 4-yard run and so on.)

That doesn't change how bad the presentation of the half time show was.

# 234 BezO @ 06/04/09 09:53 AM
Sorry for the lack of detail, but...

That sucked! And so did the pre-game show. Neither looked like any pre/post game show I've seen.

They could've left that out and continued working on the basics, like the pocket, the running animations, footwork, playbooks, ect.

10 is looking way better than 09 but not close to what I expected after leaving EA's studio. I expect those of us that visited EA to have much more of an impact. I'm not seeing it.

# 235 jmood88 @ 06/04/09 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I look at this and I see a foundation for better things to come.

No the halftime report may not be as extravagant as we may want, but its a place to start. Look at where we were and compare it to where we are now after one year, and then allow yourself to think of what could be in the future.
It'll probably be exactly the same. They have a separate team doing presentation, don't they? There's no reason why that team can't do a better job. They keep promising this enhanced presentation every year and every year they make excuses for why they don't live up to what they hyped up.

# 236 Triathlete_201 @ 06/04/09 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

This is NBA 2k9 we are talking about, the kings, supposedly of presentation. And yet, no one rips their attempt of a half-time show.

Irony.
This is football we're talking about, not basketball. I think one of the main reasons people are being a little harsh is because the fans have been asking for huge presentation upgrades for years. Also, EA/Tiburon were saying that the presentation in Madden 10 would be EPIC and that they would finally top 2k5's presentation. So people were expecting to be blown away by the half time show.

I would hardly call their presentation epic nor topping 2k5's from what I've seen so far. It just lacks fluidity, good content, and excitement (In the half time show and extra point).

# 237 jmood88 @ 06/04/09 09:57 AM
Quote:

NBA 2k9 had the lamest halftime I've ever seen besides the NG Maddens. They went to a Sports Central area without anyone present on camera and a voice-over going over the stats.

Irony.

People actually did talk bad about that but they also had alot of other things in their presentation that keeps the game from being boring. The end of the game stuff alone is better than anything that Madden or NBA Live has done.

# 238 SageInfinite @ 06/04/09 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
People actually did talk bad about that but they also had alot of other things in their presentation that keeps the game from being boring. The end of the game stuff alone is better than anything that Madden or NBA Live has done.
Exactly. You get passes on certain things when you do alot right. Madden and NBA Live have always half assed everything when it comes to presentation. I'll wait to judge the final product, but from the looks of things they are continuing the trend. Again it's better of course, but still seems half assed.

# 239 BezO @ 06/04/09 10:04 AM
Quote:

Irony.
There's no irony. There's context. Fans of NBA 2K are much happier with the game overall. That effects how they respond to disappointing aspects of the game.

And like Triathelete_201 said, this is one of EA's big announcements they've been holding back for E3. Obviously folks expected more.

# 240 SageInfinite @ 06/04/09 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
There's no irony. There's context. Fans of NBA 2K are much happier with the game overall. That effects how they respond to disappointing aspects of the game.

And like Triathelete_201 said, this is one of EA's big announcements they've been holding back for E3. Obviously folks expected more.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.