Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out this new Madden NFL 10 video, showing off The Extra Point Halftime Report.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 HealyMonster @ 06/04/09 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Exactly. You get passes on certain things when you do alot right. Madden and NBA Live have always half assed everything when it comes to presentation. I'll wait to judge the final product, but from the looks of things they are continuing the trend. Again it's better of course, but still seems half assed.
Sage, thats exactly my main point when considering madden bro. you get it. Great or even good games dont have random areas half assed, such as the halftime show or the ray lewis dance, or take your pick of anything from a previous madden. Great games are complete games. Whoever the guy is at EA Sports that is making the calls needs to go. I think it is evident that Ian wants the game to be a certain way. Just listening to the guy talk, he is like us. I have a hard time believing that its even close to his fault for things being half way done. Some George Steinbrenner type is up there making these calls and making these guys throw stuff together. Something is wrong up there man. seriously. I would say there has been a leadership problem at EA for years.

# 242 roadman @ 06/04/09 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
I think to compare basketball to football, especially in regards to highlights and the strategies that are shown in highlights, is a big stretch. You compare football to football and basketball to basketball, reason being, there is much more to see on a football drive than it is to see on a dash up a basketball court. That being said, I find it laughable that leading up to this flood of information, how everyone had pretty much accepted that madden10 would finally put 2k5 to rest, blah blah blah. Well let's accept certain realities, first 2k5 was $19.99 out of the gate, secondly, it was on the original xbox, third, ea is the only company that can produce an nfl game, and lastly, 2k5 was made 5 years ago. For this game to still be as relevant as it is, is a blatant indictment on what ea has done (or has not done) for the past 5yrs on next gen.

Ian and his crew should be commended on alot of the changes that they have implemented thus far, I give you that. Also, I understand that they are catching a lot of the back lash that their predecessors are responsible for. But c'mon, they had to know that when they proclaimed that 2k5 would be put to rest and that presentation would be their main focus, to have a halftime show this deficient would be unacceptable. And for some people (not you Roadman) to attempt to lower 2k5's presentation level ("oh, well chris berman wasn't synched good, there were hiccups" etc...) because madden10's halftime/postgame is utter garbage, is laughable.

They (ea) should be applauded for the good and certainly held accountable for the bad. That halftime/postgame show, as presented is bad.
I agree a lot with this post except for a few things. You mentioned it's unfair to compare basketball presentation to football presentation.

So, why do people bring up MLB The Show in these very same forums when discussing about blowing presentation out of the water? Is that fair as well?

I know Ian actually stated previously that presentation was getting some love this year. Did he actually say that he wanted to blow 2k5 presentation out of the water for this Madden?

I do remember him saying the first part, but I don't remember Ian specifically saying that he wanted to put the 2k series to rest for this Madden.

I could be wrong, if I am, I'll admit it.

# 243 roadman @ 06/04/09 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
People actually did talk bad about that but they also had alot of other things in their presentation that keeps the game from being boring. The end of the game stuff alone is better than anything that Madden or NBA Live has done.
So, shouldn't we wait until August 14th to discover more about what Madden has in store for us presentation wise and game play wise?

# 244 Jukeman @ 06/04/09 10:51 AM
so what was gained from 29 pages of bitching?

# 245 SageInfinite @ 06/04/09 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Sage, thats exactly my main point when considering madden bro. you get it. Great or even good games dont have random areas half assed, such as the halftime show or the ray lewis dance, or take your pick of anything from a previous madden. Great games are complete games. Whoever the guy is at EA Sports that is making the calls needs to go. I think it is evident that Ian wants the game to be a certain way. Just listening to the guy talk, he is like us. I have a hard time believing that its even close to his fault for things being half way done. Some George Steinbrenner type is up there making these calls and making these guys throw stuff together. Something is wrong up there man. seriously. I would say there has been a leadership problem at EA for years.
I definitely don't doubt that there are higher ups at EA making decisions that effect these games.

# 246 SageInfinite @ 06/04/09 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
so what was gained from 29 pages of bitching?
Same thing that was gained by you posting that .

# 247 Jukeman @ 06/04/09 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Same thing that was gained by you posting that .
Actually Ive gained a answer to my question which was nothing....

# 248 Jukeman @ 06/04/09 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmizzou
WOWWWW Are you serious, that was the weakest video I have yet to see of this years new Madden which I have been somewhat excited for , but this just looks like complete and utter total crap.

Where's the people talking at halftime, where is the stats shown and talked about?, what about halftime player of the game. EA this job is just motherf-ing lazy, cool you put a bunch of clips together and played them in dead silence, I can f-ing do that on my own damn computer if I wanted. Once again 2k5 still does this better, I thought maybe there was a chance that madden would have an halftime show like 2k5 did but nope, nothing.

Once again a feature by EA that is truly a sore dissapointment.
This thread is redundant....

# 249 Drocks @ 06/04/09 11:40 AM
I have no problem with people ripping the halftime show if they desire, cause even in my opinion, that was underwhelming since I was expecting commentary on the highlights. Other than that though, it was pretty much exactly what I expected. But really, the issue is the fact that there is complete silence during the highlights (very awkward), which I HAVE to believe will not be the case when this game is released. Even last year they had music playing during those top 5 highlights thing. MLB 09 The Show does the exact same thing as this does, except they got music playing to it. NBA 2K9 does this as well, except they got music to it. The only game I've seen do this with actual commentary is NFL 2K5, and it was incredibly redundant. Now, to me, that tells me that there has to be some reason why only one game has done this, and that is it's gotta be VERY difficult to implement. That's just my opinion on the matter.

Basically, put some good music to the highlights EA, (ala The Show) and you have a great start. Figure out the commentary thing and you'll have brilliance. The pre/halftime/post game, etc. shows doesn't take away the fact that this game is gonna be incredibly good in every other way.

# 250 Jukeman @ 06/04/09 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks
I have no problem with people ripping the halftime show if they desire, cause even in my opinion, that was underwhelming since I was expecting commentary on the highlights. Other than that though, it was pretty much exactly what I expected. But really, the issue is the fact that there is complete silence during the highlights (very awkward), which I HAVE to believe will not be the case when this game is released. Even last year they had music playing during those top 5 highlights thing. MLB 09 The Show does the exact same thing as this does, except they got music playing to it. NBA 2K9 does this as well, except they got music to it. The only game I've seen do this with actual commentary is NFL 2K5, and it was incredibly redundant. Now, to me, that tells me that there has to be some reason why only one game has done this, and that is it's gotta be VERY difficult to implement. That's just my opinion on the matter.

Basically, put some good music to the highlights EA, (ala The Show) and you have a great start. Figure out the commentary thing and you'll have brilliance. The pre/halftime/post game, etc. shows doesn't take away the fact that this game is gonna be incredibly good in every other way.
Agree 100%

# 251 noshun @ 06/04/09 11:56 AM
To me, the other games halftime show, is a bag of robust flavorful, mouth watering, taste satisfied (any name brand of chips you enjoy).

Something we've enjoyed, and had the option to not eat if we chose.

This on the otherhand is a serving of plain old rice cakes.

# 252 jmood88 @ 06/04/09 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, shouldn't we wait until August 14th to discover more about what Madden has in store for us presentation wise and game play wise?
No I'm going to go off what they show. I'm not blindly spending money on a company that shows time and time again that they will have their people hype up their stuff, only to disappoint and then get mad at people telling them that they disappointed.

# 253 Earl1963 @ 06/04/09 12:27 PM
That was terrible. So far non of the vids got me excited. Very very bland game it seems.

# 254 roadman @ 06/04/09 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
No I'm going to go off what they show. I'm not blindly spending money on a company that shows time and time again that they will have their people hype up their stuff, only to disappoint and then get mad at people telling them that they disappointed.
I never meant that.

You mentioned Madden and NBA Live in past tense.

My point, is, shouldn't we(not necessarily you) wait until this Madden is out before we play judge and jury right now. Just because someone got upset over the internet that will stand in the way of someone renting or buying a game?

What if presentation and game play are all good except for the half-time and extra-point show. Is that a deal breaker and no rental?

# 255 roadman @ 06/04/09 12:30 PM
Quote:

Good points and agree with all of the above.

# 256 jmood88 @ 06/04/09 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I never meant that.

You mentioned Madden and NBA Live in past tense.

My point, is, shouldn't we(not necessarily you) wait until this Madden is out before we play judge and jury right now. Just because someone got upset over the internet that will stand in the way of someone renting or buying a game?

What if presentation and game play are all good except for the half-time and extra-point show. Is that a deal breaker and no rental?
It's not like we haven't seen videos of the game outside of this half time show. The presentation is just not good.

# 257 spankdatazz22 @ 06/04/09 12:43 PM
Quote:
MLB 09 The Show does the exact same thing as this does, except they got music playing to it. NBA 2K9 does this as well, except they got music to it. The only game I've seen do this with actual commentary is NFL 2K5, and it was incredibly redundant. Now, to me, that tells me that there has to be some reason why only one game has done this, and that is it's gotta be VERY difficult to implement. That's just my opinion on the matter.
Hate to bring it up, but APF2K8 has halftime and postgame highlights, with good highlight-specific commentary - and that game's two years old. Had to say it because some keep citing NFL2K5 as some full expression of what can be done, lol. NBA2K9, MLB2K9, [and I assume] The Show '09 all display highlights of key plays between quarters/innings, and it's done very well with cool tv-style blending and fadeouts. People are actually praising Madden for adding near-exact cutscenes that were being offered in 2K5, 5yrs ago on a much weaker hardware system - and that's actually a step up for them. I don't think it's really comparable

# 258 LingeringRegime @ 06/04/09 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I'm kind of disappointed there's no commentary during the highlights. It's kind of boring to just watch highlights with an awkward silence.

At the very least they could have the girl talk about the player's performances while the highlights run. Oh well, it's cool.
Overall I am pleased, but let me offer some constructive criticism, free of charge of course.

I agree with g2thecore. Very happy they have the highlights, but there is no excitement. When you watch real half time shows the announcers are really amped, the music is playing, etc. In all honesty if feels kind of hollow, no passion.

But, they would need to sign a real analyst to give an authentic feel. Maybe they weren't able to do that. I was expecting a little more substance. Oh well. Maybe next year.

And one more thing. When the girl says, "Back to Your Game." It really takes you out of the immersion factor. It sounds like a video game. She should say, "Back to guys in the booth, Tom and Chris!" Something like that at least.

# 259 FlyingFinn @ 06/04/09 12:51 PM
^^ The script is awful. The person who wrote it was thinking in the video game realm, like they were talking to the gamer, rather then true TV style presentation.

# 260 Cusefan @ 06/04/09 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
^^ The script is awful. The person who wrote it was thinking in the video game realm, like they were talking to the gamer, rather then true TV style presentation.
Exactly. If the Audio was good we would not be having this long discussion right now. It is the Audio that is killing the Extra Point, Fix the Audio, Fix the Extra point.

Simple as that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.