Home
Tiger Woods 10 News Post

For those of you that purchased Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10, please post your impressions here.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ndboy17 @ 06/09/09 07:38 PM
I picked up Tiger today. I got 08 but not 09, so the career mode is kinda new and I was a bit confused at first but figured it out. All these observations are comparing '10 back to '08.

-Putting is way better, I like it so much more

-Hitting out of the rough seems a little harder

-It seems easier to hit it straight and not hook or slice it badly

-Gameface worked quickly, unlike 08, but my guy didn't look that much like me, but way better than I could have manually done.

-Practice round is a really cool addition. You can drop the ball wherever you want on each hole and hit a shot from there, and go to the club tuner and edit. Pretty cool stuff. I only wish that there was another version of practice round only featuring the location for the next event but allowing you to do other things such as mark up the layout for each hole, so you could mark where you ant to hit it on the tee shot, what to avoid, etc. Also, if you could map out the greens so that next time you're hitting your approach shot you could see the map you made.

I haven't gone online or anything yet, just did a few rounds with my guy along with a couple tournament challenges.

# 42 cbgolfer13 @ 06/09/09 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
Agreed.....so immersive. It really draws you in, and makes you feel like your playing a live event.
That was a feature I didn't know about until the game dropped, I knew the realistic start times but I am really liking the tournament mode now.

Also the one thing that is starting to annoy me is the constant rain. The new rain is much better but it seems like they wanted to show it off too much.

# 43 mikemj23 @ 06/09/09 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I hate you all. I swore off this game completely. Yet I keep coming and reading impressions and getting interested. Must resist.
Extreme - LOL, I am thinking the exact same thing.

# 44 Ty @ 06/09/09 08:05 PM
Putting is more difficult, havent yet played as a pro. It's very tough starting out with a low stats golfer.

# 45 kerosene31 @ 06/09/09 08:07 PM
Very brief impressions so far:

-Putting system and weather are great.

-Ball flight feels improved to me. Not a huge leap, but certainly it feels better than 09 to me (unless I'm imagining things)

-Difficulty seems much more challenging (09 was cake even on tour pro). Not this year... game is much more challenging.

Negatives so far:

-Tournament challenges are tough... too tough. I am simply not going to have time to go through them all. Maybe they won't be so bad when I improve my skills, but I am not happy about this. I'm going to just have to pay for stuff rather than unlock it.

Overall:
More of a step up from 09 than many people were giving it credit for. Certainly this is not the perfect sim we want, but this is a very good golf game. I have zero regrets spending $60 on it. I know I will get countless hours of play out of it, just like 09. That's what matters to me.

# 46 gomuherdclassof2k10 @ 06/09/09 08:08 PM
Love it IMO putting has gotten easier for me.

# 47 Flightwhite24 @ 06/09/09 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty
Putting is more difficult, havent yet played as a pro. It's very tough starting out with a low stats golfer.
My newly created Golfer is so bad I'm thinking about taking him to the driving range aroud the corner from my house to work on his game/get lessons

# 48 LingeringRegime @ 06/09/09 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
My newly created Golfer is so bad I'm thinking about taking him to the driving range aroud the corner from my house to work on his game/get lessons
Me too. My first round at Pinehurst I shot a 90. That's more like my real life score! After the round though my attributes got a little better, and I got a new driver so I hope I can do better next time around.

# 49 PhantomPain @ 06/09/09 09:13 PM
Anyone that is a vet of Links 2004 want to give a breakdown of how this game plays compared to Links?

Also thanks for all the impressions. Definitely helps those of us on the fence.

# 50 Skyboxer @ 06/09/09 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Anyone that is a vet of Links 2004 want to give a breakdown of how this game plays compared to Links?

Also thanks for all the impressions. Definitely helps those of us on the fence.
Links still does some things better (different ball flights due to different lies) however TW doesn't do a bad job of it at all for the most part.
My main thing is the Wii Motion reallly makes you feel into the game a lot more. That along with disk golf and the wii motion add-on included for the same price as the 360/PS3 version makes it the one to buy IMO.
I love links and have been playing it to this day but TW Wii is my main golf game now. It still has all the option/games but you feel like you're "there"... and when you make a good shot you know you did something good.

# 51 TimmeH @ 06/09/09 10:00 PM
I got the game this evening. I put the game on tour pro and played 18 holes as Tiger at TPC Sawgrass, and shot a 93. I can't remember ever shooting a 93 in Tiger lol. I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying the difficult, although I'm having alot of problems hitting the ball straight. I have a tendency to pull everything it seems.

I like the new putting so far, although I am still adjusting to it

Seems like alot of fun so far though.

# 52 kerosene31 @ 06/09/09 10:10 PM
It is definitely much, much, much more difficult.

I played 9 holes at Firestone with that woman with the purple pants. She birdied every hole and beat me by 10 strokes. Part of it was low ratings, but still... in 09 I could beat the lower characters easily. I was only on pro difficutly (I always played tour pro on 09)

The only thing is my ratings are only 4-5 so far. I wonder how things will be when I'm 8+.

I don't know how to describe it other than no shot is automatic anymore. It is much more like real golf. One momentary lapse of concentration and you make a big mistake.

Unless it is just a matter of figuring the game out like in 09, but I never remember not being able to break par in 09.

# 53 FAM CEO @ 06/09/09 10:19 PM
Does anyone know what the PGA Tour Setting "FedExCup Only" mean? The default is off.

# 54 Pratt75 @ 06/09/09 10:22 PM
I picked it up this evening and started my career on tour pro difficulty. It's definately challenging as my first round score was also in the 90's. I can see myselfy putting a lot of time in this game.

# 55 Zalf @ 06/09/09 10:54 PM
Tour pro putting on lightening fast greens is definitely a challenge. Hopefully the online tournaments will stand the test of time and skill ups.

Got a couple of driver upgrades and an iron upgrade as soon as I could in the challenges.

Shot a couple over for the tour pro daily and -8 after three rounds in the tour pro weekly. Both are on lightening fast greens. Going to take some getting used to.

# 56 TimmeH @ 06/09/09 11:04 PM
Did anyone do the Daily Tourney for today at Torrey Pines?

They definitely didn't spare anything with the difficulty. Long rough, slow greens, rain, and 20 MPH winds. The best I could manage is a 91 lol...good for 29th. I'd like to know how someone scored a -18 for that round...they're beating everyone else by at least 10 strokes. Hopefully the game doesn't get that easy once you master it lol

# 57 kehlis @ 06/09/09 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAM CEO
Does anyone know what the PGA Tour Setting "FedExCup Only" mean? The default is off.
I am curious myself.

I left it as off because once you change it and start, it is set in stone so I didn't mess around with it.

But I would also like to know what it means.

# 58 Zalf @ 06/09/09 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I am curious myself.

I left it as off because once you change it and start, it is set in stone so I didn't mess around with it.

But I would also like to know what it means.
I imagine it means you only play the FedEx Cup portion of the season.

# 59 Jeffrey99 @ 06/09/09 11:14 PM
First I should start off by saying that I haven't played a TW's game since like 06, so sorry if some of these are dumb questions. So is there two different difficulties online? The default and then Tour Pro? I'm not sure how the online is setup, so just wanting to make sure I'm no forced to play default on everything but player matches.

Liking all the impressions I've been reading, so think I may have to run by Gamestop tommrow and pick it up.

# 60 kehlis @ 06/09/09 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalf
I imagine it means you only play the FedEx Cup portion of the season.
Gotcha. That would make sense!

Boring though unless you are looking for a quick season.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.