Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 10 blog, which talks about the preliminary details of the 2nd title update.

Quote:
"In this second title update we focused on some of the more debated topics from our loyal and passionate fan base. We appreciate all the feedback so please keep it coming! In this update you will be happy to hear that we have tuned our Flat Zone assignments to cover the flats more effectively. Defenders will not chuck a WR if another receiver is running a route towards their zone. This will help the defender be in better position to react to a quickly throw flat route and allow him to make a play. The flat zone defenders will also play the ball better if a pass is thrown behind the line of scrimmage as well as taking better pursuit angles after the catch to prevent the ball carrier from being able to get around the corner. This has been one of the top complaints that we have heard about and realized it was definitely something that we needed to address."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MARTZball @ 10/16/09 11:22 PM
Much appreciated Ian.

# 22 spiggidy @ 10/16/09 11:33 PM
I wonder how long we have to wait for this.

# 23 BlueNGold @ 10/16/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
I know but since I joined this place back in the winter I heard that hundreds of times. Wouldnt be one bitt suprised if its just a minor fix, a major fix would have been mentioned in this blog.
They didn't announce any other major fixes because the patch still isn't final. They don't want to announce something and then later on find out they can't get it in or something like that.

# 24 carnalnirvana @ 10/16/09 11:56 PM
thanks dude, my game will be sold monday luckly i found someone crazy enough to give me 40 for it....

no AI fixes:

qb's that throw to the slots
rb that run out of bounds
cpu that throw for 4 yds on 3rd and 5
8 man blitz
spidey sense defenders

did i miss any

i really would like to know what feedback ya'll listen to

# 25 Scott @ 10/17/09 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
first in.
You do realize doing this will land you an infraction.

# 26 Big_Mig_11 @ 10/17/09 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
sounds great. I just hope they try and fix the 3-4 although that may take a while.
I feel the same. Telling by your avatar, both our teams run a 3-4 (9ers) and it is kinda disheartening to not have it played effectively, especially from the outside rush. But I dont think I can wait much longer to start my franchise. So the list if fixes will have to do for me.

# 27 krispykeith @ 10/17/09 12:40 AM
Thanks for the update but I must confess I am really disappointed by the lack of details, particularly the word "presentation". I bought the game on the idea of beefing up the presentation this year, and the lack of instant replays is a game killer for me. I am not claiming it should be, but it takes me right out of the immersion. I was anxiously awaiting the update to decide whether or not to trade the game in and I feel just as foggy as I did previously. I really wish you could give specific details on what you are submitting for this patch.

# 28 Mikkey @ 10/17/09 01:25 AM
I hope we will be able to skip cutscenes and not be forced to watch them 50 times a game

# 29 BlueNGold @ 10/17/09 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
thanks dude, my game will be sold monday luckly i found someone crazy enough to give me 40 for it....

no AI fixes:

8 man blitz
spidey sense defenders

did i miss any

You do realize not every fix has been announced, right? There is still more patch notes to come. If you want to sell the game, go ahead, but those issues your having might be in Patch 2.

# 30 frankrizzo380 @ 10/17/09 02:01 AM
Quote:
Another change is not allowing the user to be able to move any front line players forward on kickoffs to keep them from being able to actually block the kickoff
i kno i have only played this game a handfull of times(oh, and a big thumbs down to deadlycane, this aint mediatakeout bro lol)but i didnt even know about this one, thats just sad. glad to hear about the improvements though, thank god for ncaa 10, socom, and mvc2 or my ps3 would just be a blueray player lol

# 31 mr_president @ 10/17/09 02:04 AM
Quote:
Another issue we resolved is a rare problem where under certain circumstances the ball would actually pass through a player when he dropped the pass.
there is nothing rare about the ball morphing through receivers and then being intercepted or falling incomplete...it's been happening for years.
....well,at least they are fixing it.

....i wonder if there is anyway to find out what these circumstances are??

i hope the remaining fixes include:

-the horrible suction tackle / block. why is this issue never addressed?? it's one of the games biggest issues and it never gets mentioned or fixed??

-the intrusive cut scenes...just have them kick in after the play is over not towards the end of it.

-the ref cut scene happens far to often..please reduce it.

-i hope psychic abilities are removed

# 32 mjh91 @ 10/17/09 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NdaZone7
How come the running game wasnt adressed? Patch 1 made it to easy to run and screens are automatic TDs because the blocking is to good and no defenders can even get to the RB.
Did you not read "This list is NOT final"?

# 33 Moegames @ 10/17/09 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava

no AI fixes:

8 man blitz
spidey sense defenders

did i miss any

Well since your selling the game..i guess we wont be seeing any more of your whining correct? It would be great if so...along with all the other droppy downers around here...lighten up people..some of ya sound worse then a rich old lady having a baby tantrum over a cracked finger nail

Anyways... the flats fix sounds great although i was hoping for a list of fixes like how it was for patch1. I understand that the info is not finalized so im sure we'll get a full list eventually.

I crack up at all the people saying that this is all thats being fixed..some of ya need to re-read the article

# 34 wickedbadman @ 10/17/09 02:18 AM
Ugh they aren't doing anything with suction blocking / screen passes. Nothing pisses me off more than a screen pass going for a TD when in Cover 2 or some other coverage play. I mean they don't go for TDs in the NFL when the teams are actually blitzing.

I'd like to believe it is getting fixed but disappointment will ensue.

Glad about the flats though.

# 35 bukktown @ 10/17/09 02:39 AM
Am I missing something about the flat fix? I thought the problem was that LB's or safeties in man coverage don't get there soon enough. I am interpreting the blog as saying that if a CB is in a flat zone he wont get caught in a bump animation on the flanker if another receiver is heading to the flats.

# 36 KBLover @ 10/17/09 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman
interesting read. hopefully this will be effective & not make the game worse. the flat zone one is weird... i know people have been complaining about it, but ive never really had problems with it.

do u still use advanced playcalling? switching to hardcore has significantly reduced CPU blitz calls.
I use hardcore and see just as many blitzes as ever.

If this is less blitzing, then I'm glad I don't remember what it was like on Advanced.

# 37 KBLover @ 10/17/09 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Am I missing something about the flat fix? I thought the problem was that LB's or safeties in man coverage don't get there soon enough. I am interpreting the blog as saying that if a CB is in a flat zone he wont get caught in a bump animation on the flanker if another receiver is heading to the flats.

That's what I thought also and how I read it as well.

# 38 NFLfan80 @ 10/17/09 03:13 AM
Will I need to re-start my franchise for this patch to kick in? I don't really notice anything with the 1st patch that came out during my chise.

# 39 BlueNGold @ 10/17/09 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLfan80
Will I need to re-start my franchise for this patch to kick in? I don't really notice anything with the 1st patch that came out during my chise.
This question is asked a million times. No...

# 40 Kramer5150 @ 10/17/09 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Well since your selling the game..i guess we wont be seeing any more of your whining correct?
Is it REALLY necessary that you post the same thing over and over? just because somebody has issues with the game or have decided to sell it,give them just as much right to be here as someone who praises the game...this IS a public forum...remember??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
some of ya sound worse then a rich old lady having a baby tantrum over a cracked finger nail
...if that isn't the "pot calling the kettle black".....it's no different than you going into threads with your same rant of " well...since you won't be playing the game...I guess we won't be seeing anymore of your whining"

OT....the patch sounds ok,but I'm hoping as the time draws near,something is mentioned about the horrid suction blocking. This has been a staple of EA football games dating back to the ps2/xbox days,and for the life of me...I can't figure why this is NEVER adressed.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.