Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 10 blog, which talks about the preliminary details of the 2nd title update.

Quote:
"In this second title update we focused on some of the more debated topics from our loyal and passionate fan base. We appreciate all the feedback so please keep it coming! In this update you will be happy to hear that we have tuned our Flat Zone assignments to cover the flats more effectively. Defenders will not chuck a WR if another receiver is running a route towards their zone. This will help the defender be in better position to react to a quickly throw flat route and allow him to make a play. The flat zone defenders will also play the ball better if a pass is thrown behind the line of scrimmage as well as taking better pursuit angles after the catch to prevent the ball carrier from being able to get around the corner. This has been one of the top complaints that we have heard about and realized it was definitely something that we needed to address."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 gr18 @ 10/17/09 05:01 PM
Even though I'm a 2k5 guy I've been supportive and positive in the direction this game is going and for the most part think it's a quality if somewhat flawed game.

That being said,I would have to say that the patches are getting out a little slower than they should given that the flaws were obvious and pointed out within a week after release.I think considering the longevity that a sports title is typically played there should be a little more urgency to get it corrected.Within reason I would say by mid-October patch #2 should be out.

# 82 ABR173rd @ 10/17/09 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Even though I'm a 2k5 guy I've been supportive and positive in the direction this game is going and for the most part think it's a quality if somewhat flawed game.

That being said,I would have to say that the patches are getting out a little slower than they should given that the flaws were obvious and pointed out within a week after release.I think considering the longevity that a sports title is typically played there should be a little more urgency to get it corrected.Within reason I would say by mid-October patch #2 should be out.

I think a big thing is who are the game testers???EA pays guys to test Madden out before its released yet every year I could give you a list of obvious things the day its released. But a guy who plays this game for a month to 2 months before its store release date cant?Or is it the people the beta testers are complaining to just aren't listening because some of these issues while not be major are pretty obvious after playing only 2 or 3 games.I don't get it however I appreciate Ian making a point to stop by over here and post up the good word.I'm a little disappointed the patch wont be out till next month though....

# 83 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/17/09 06:43 PM
Ok mostly everything on this list looks fine accept the who thing about forcing the QB to dropback in Shotgun before he can take off. Are you kidding me Ian. I have supported you up to know. Why are you limiting the control we have over the QB after the snap. I was already annoyed about the forced dropback passing from under the center part. Now you doing to the QB when he is in the shotgun. The only reason you doing this is because to many people whine about people running out of the pocket with the QB. Boo hoo for the people who whine. QBs running out of the pocket is a part of the real nfl. Been forced dropback before I can run away from pressure is caused me to get sacked so much. Espically in playaction pass. Force dropback passing has also cause the QB motions this year to be sloopy and so on. This complete force drop back passing is really not needed. Bad idea.

# 84 tyler289 @ 10/17/09 06:55 PM
So I guess the franchise problem of a broken IR system won't be fixed? (Unless I missed it somewhere)

# 85 gr18 @ 10/17/09 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
So I guess the franchise problem of a broken IR system won't be fixed? (Unless I missed it somewhere)
They're still coming up with things that aren't listed supposedly so it may be there.Who knows?The problem with them still making the list is that it's as if they went into hibernation for two months and now are finally awake enough to acknowledge problems that were listed by everyone here from the get go.It's not like the game has viruses that continually pop up new problems to solve.

# 86 BIGROC @ 10/17/09 11:10 PM
Any chance there could be a user stats fix? I mean, I have over 40 tie games...Maybe in the next update we could look forward to an offline users stats page....I know, it sounds insane...It's not like that's done in ANY other sports game, including another football title from EA.

# 87 SteelerSpartan @ 10/17/09 11:54 PM
No mention of the excessive over the shoulder catches???

Those look awful when they happen when they're not supposed to

# 88 tooldude79 @ 10/18/09 12:11 AM
sweet, so the update should drop around the date Cod:MW2 comes out. I wonder which game i'll be playing then...

too little way too late

# 89 RedZoneD25 @ 10/18/09 12:55 AM

Any chance you guys can get rid of this?

Also fix the Jets all whites and away from being flip flopped?

# 90 TeamBuilder @ 10/18/09 02:02 AM
Sweet so I still can't scramble out of the Wildcat with Ronnie Brown on a pass play...

# 91 Old Mr T @ 10/18/09 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roots3003
I sooooo wish my main gripe about this game was a camera angle.
It's not about the camera angle as such, it's more about the manner in which the game view changes, both suddenly and randomly during plays/mid-play (not before the snap).

It affects my ability to see what's happening on the field (due to the aggressive camera shifts), which is rather important when you're controlling the players. Game controller direction is also affected due to the changing camera angles so what begins as a run diagonally will suddenly become straight, as the camera erratically shifts/rotates mid-play.

It happens in offline co-op (the only mode I'm interested in) and it's a complete play killer when it happens.

# 92 BenjiA @ 10/18/09 07:42 AM
any news about Injuries in CPU vs. CPU games?

# 93 JaymeeAwesome @ 10/18/09 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
thanks dude, my game will be sold monday luckly i found someone crazy enough to give me 40 for it....

no AI fixes:

qb's that throw to the slots
rb that run out of bounds
cpu that throw for 4 yds on 3rd and 5
8 man blitz
spidey sense defenders

did i miss any

i really would like to know what feedback ya'll listen to
Brady and the pats always throw short of the 1st down marker on third down....kinda aggravates me most sundays, but he dumps it to welker or faulk whom can most of the time make it past the marker

# 94 viceguy @ 10/18/09 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
No mention of the excessive over the shoulder catches???

Those look awful when they happen when they're not supposed to
Yea i was looking for something pertaining to this as well...ive seemed to accept so many other problems but this two handed over the shoulder is a killer...notice in practise mode 'offense' only the number of spec annimations that could be put into the game?????????

# 95 swiftychampleone @ 10/18/09 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by favredollarfootlong
This is so pathetic that we have to wait probably 3 months from the games release date to see if we will get an acceptable playing game. The patches still probably won't get the game fixed. They will probably making more glitches where there weren't any before.

I am sick of the waiting and the people defending EA when they say that there is more information to what will be fixed or there is more to be heard. Stop defending EA. We have been waiting for the last 5 years to have a good football video game sim. Every year is supposed to be the year and the last year that was the year was 2004.

I am so sick of being promised things and having all the hype being built up and then always being let down. EA, you are such a disappointment. It's unacceptable...start making better games the first time around, find people who can get it right.

I think it's pretty entertaining how people spend $65 for a game and have to wait three months for it to be fixed with patches. That's why I'll never spend no more than $35 for any video game. I haven't bought Madden since 2005 because 06 was the same and 07-10 have been broken gameplay wise. There is no way I could defend EA or be content with this.

Maybe this is a generation where the patch is a crutch for QA teams and the customers drink the Kool-Aid and also think it's right. Now I'm all for patches to fix certain things, but this is too many things to fix. When November comes, half of the NFL season will be gone. It's time we start pushing for a Madden game that's playable (NBA Live 10 anyone?) right out the box.

# 96 roadman @ 10/18/09 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone

I think it's pretty entertaining how people spend $65 for a game and have to wait three months for it to be fixed with patches. That's why I'll never spend no more than $35 for any video game. I haven't bought Madden since 2005 because 06 was the same and 07-10 have been broken gameplay wise. There is no way I could defend EA or be content with this.

Maybe this is a generation where the patch is a crutch for QA teams and the customers drink the Kool-Aid and also think it's right. Now I'm all for patches to fix certain things, but this is too many things to fix. When November comes, half of the NFL season will be gone. It's time we start pushing for a Madden game that's playable (NBA Live 10 anyone?) right out the box.
Interesting. I didn't pay $65.00 for my game and last time I checked, it still works for me, including gameplay. Yes, there are flaws in gameplay that we hope are getting fixed, but my copy of 10 is much better than 08 and 09. I hated both of those games.

In addition, I don't own a sports game on NG that doesn't have patches, so, I don't see what the big deal is. It's pretty mandatory with sports gaming on NG with one year cycles. NBA Live doesn't seem to be without faults, either, with 45 pages of patch requests.

# 97 drae2 @ 10/18/09 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Perhaps I missed it, but has anyone outright confirmed it will be November? The blogs says it "won't be in October".

So are people making an educated assumption that it will be in November because of that, or was it outright said?

IMHO, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being sometime in December. I'm not trying to get "cute" here, I'm serious. I sometimes wonder if November is optimistic given...well, you know the rest.
Nope, just said it won't be October, which is fine by mean. If it takes longer to get things right, then so be it.

# 98 ACardAttack @ 10/18/09 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Instead of some abstract, pie-in-the-sky scheme about pushing for a playable game, why not do something useful and practical... like just not buy it until then?
Well what if we dont push for it and therefore that never happens?

# 99 swiftychampleone @ 10/18/09 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Interesting. I didn't pay $65.00 for my game and last time I checked, it still works for me, including gameplay. Yes, there are flaws in gameplay that we hope are getting fixed, but my copy of 10 is much better than 08 and 09. I hated both of those games.

In addition, I don't own a sports game on NG that doesn't have patches, so, I don't see what the big deal is. It's pretty mandatory with sports gaming on NG with one year cycles. NBA Live doesn't seem to be without faults, either, with 45 pages of patch requests.
That's great if you didn't spend $65 for the game! Smart move. Now, I won't disagree that 10 is better than 08-09. Madden 10 is in the room but it can't sit at the table yet. There are still huge problems in gameplay. Man coverage, flats, pursuit angles and suction blocking. If you feel it's okay, then like you said, "it works for you". Which is your opinion and you're entitled to that. Mad respect for that! In my book, that's just not a true representation of the NFL. It's more like EA's representation of NFL Football.

I never said that Live didn't have any faults. I just think that it's more playable out the box than Madden is.

Patches are pretty mandatory on Next-Gen Sports? Well, I wouldn't say mandatory, but more like a common theme, lol! It really depends on how well that QA team is in regards to how significant the patch is. Now, no game is perfect. That I know. Some of these issues that are in this game should have NEVER made it past QA and even you know that. There are literally people that have this game collecting dust and allow it sit as a paperweight until it's fixed with a patch.

# 100 swiftychampleone @ 10/18/09 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Instead of some abstract, pie-in-the-sky scheme about pushing for a playable game, why not do something useful and practical... like just not buy it until then?
If you read my comment earlier, I did say that I haven't bought a Madden since 2005? When I say push for a playable game, that doesn't just mean get on a message boards or constantly send e-mails. Customers having been doing that for the past 3 years now and it hasn't helped much. EA knows how to make a good football game. They have Madden 04 & 05 lying around at their offices to help them out and they can also buy NFL 2K5 and check it out. That also means hit them in their pockets and don't buy. Hurt their sales by boycotting and refusing until it gets better.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.