Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has announced the patch details for NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"Hey 2Kers,

Just an update to let everyone know that we have completed the Xbox 360 version of the patch. As promised, you will find the patch details below. The items in bold are items that have also been addressed in a new version of the PS3 patch (I've updated that thread with the appropriate information).

To answer a question that I have received many queries about, these patches do NOT require you to restart your Associations and My Player careers. Good luck with your players and teams!

SimBaller"

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 Pared @ 10/24/09 01:29 PM
Guys, let's get back on the topic of the thread. The patch, the list of items, things that weren't addressed.

Let's cut out the off-topic comments. I understand the need for discussion on the makeup of sports gaming today but this isn't the thread.

# 302 WTF @ 10/24/09 01:39 PM
I know that the patch has been submitted to MS, etc.... But do you all think that there are going to be some changes to the atmosphere, crowd noise? That's one thing that really draws me to Live, is the atmosphere and crowd response. I think if they could amp up the arena/crowd sounds, then it would add a WHOLE lot to the 2k experience.

# 303 mars blackmon @ 10/24/09 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
The licenses don't give them much choice. And this goes for MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, etc.

Release dates are dictated by many of these groups now, not the companies producing the game.
If they delay the game, they do so at the risk of losing the license in the future.

That's financial suicide. All to please cornboy534 on a message board when he will still get the same experience one way or another.

Quoted for emphasis. Read and absorb.

# 304 Goffs @ 10/24/09 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I know that the patch has been submitted to MS, etc.... But do you all think that there are going to be some changes to the atmosphere, crowd noise? That's one thing that really draws me to Live, is the atmosphere and crowd response. I think if they could amp up the arena/crowd sounds, then it would add a WHOLE lot to the 2k experience.
i hope so...the PC version the crowd noise acts accordingly, they cheer and boo at the right time....

when something big happens they get really lively!!

# 305 WTF @ 10/24/09 03:24 PM
That's what I've heard... and I think the crowd is one of the key things that this game is missing at the moment.

# 306 mattlanta @ 10/24/09 03:43 PM
So when is everyone expecting this patch to be released? I'm going to wait until the path reviews to download it and will probably just wait for the opening day roster updates... I don't have Live, so I'm going to use a 48-hour trial card that I got from a generous member here.

# 307 littlecmac13 @ 10/24/09 04:53 PM
WTF I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THE DUNKS THAT THEY HAVE IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE DONE LIKE 6 dunks!!!!!! **** this game man.

# 308 BlueNGold @ 10/24/09 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecmac13
WTF I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THE DUNKS THAT THEY HAVE IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE DONE LIKE 6 dunks!!!!!! **** this game man.

# 309 Jano @ 10/24/09 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecmac13
Lol wow

# 310 cam21224 @ 10/24/09 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
I hope this doesn't get lost amongst all the negativity, but I'd just like to thank 2K (for the developers who read these boards) for not only making a great game out of the box (I have been playing it non-stop) and for not only fixing the big glaring issues, and not just for fixing the smaller issues that may have otherwise have been looked over, but also for listening to your fans and making even more adjustments after initial plans for the patch were created (i.e. the ability to change My Player minutes). That is true customer service and despite what most people on here think, is even more than we deserve. It's greatly appreciated!

Long gone are the days of... "well, hopefully in next year's game". Again, great job 2K!!

Edit:

^^^^^^^^

Beat me to it, but I co-sign everything you just said.
Post of the ******* YEAR.

I wish we were all this grateful.

# 311 kpax1º1 @ 10/24/09 05:28 PM
Happy for the updates of the patch, even the only thing I'd miss It'll be custom music I can live with it.

# 312 Goffs @ 10/24/09 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
That's what I've heard... and I think the crowd is one of the key things that this game is missing at the moment.
here i captured a PC gameplay vid...man i wish the commentary was this loud and clear during gameplay! its muffled when i play...

anyway i cant wait to mod Dirks hair in...there a mod tool that supposed to come out this weekend where we will be able to finally mod headshapes

listen to the crowd reactions no sneaker or ball sounds though and as i mentioned the commentators arent this loud during gameplay

# 313 rockafella @ 10/24/09 07:54 PM
This is all fine and dandy, but when are they going to fix the problems in NBA 2K that have been happening for the last 10 years?

- Players still morphing through each other.
- Hands still go through the ball on "should be" blocked shots.
- Players still standing out of bounds.
- Receiving players stopping on lead passes so the defense can
catch up.
- Defensive players magically recovering after you've just put them
in the "popcorn machine" as Chick Hearn would have said.
- Still getting stuck in animations.

These are old problems that haven't been fixed yet. So what's to make me think they're going to fix the new problems they've created so fast?

# 314 BOSsTOwN @ 10/24/09 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
1) Watch the kid thing.

2) While you have a point, what sense does that make posting it here? You're not some fool off the street, are you? You just admitted that it's the same no matter what genre it is. You make the comment as if no one here knows there are release dates these companies must abide by. As I mentioned before, all the professional sports groups set a release date and these companies must abide by them. You know that, you're an informed gamer on OS. Yet, you'd like to make that comment as if you really don't know any better.

3) These false acts of ignorance are what really degenerate this community. You know this is the makeup of sports gaming that we are in today. And if you feel that you need to get on that soapbox, you should do it elsewhere. This isn't the thread.

That goes for everyone. People are doing it in the Madden forum, the Live forum, the MLB game forums... and it continues to just ruin threads.

If you have an issue with the makeup of the sports gaming industry, make a thread in the Console Talk forum and go crazy. There are plenty of individuals who feel the same way you do, and certainly want to have a discussion on it. Hell, I'll do it for you. [EDIT: We're going to discuss this more at length, but expect something to come of it]. But we're not going to sit back and let guys continue to ruin the forums for others because they feel the need for an outlet of their frustrations.

2k had deadlines to meet in every other incarnation of the series and for the most part bugs like incorrect stat recording, frame rate issues etc. weren't a problem.

You don't have to come running to defend 2k, Im a supporter of the series and have been since the beginning. I just don't believe that the due diligence was mad on their part to avoid these bugs that are in 2k10, and that they may have put the game out knowing that it had some issues that needed to be patched. If that's the case its not a good sign for gaming in general. that is all.

and look KID Im not "some fool" but if you think that any member here voicing his/her is opinion that is different from yours is ""ruining"" the forum then you must be the fool.

lets hope this patch fixes things. Im finishing up a work project and would love to go pick up the game when its working properly to relax and have some fun playing

# 315 mattlanta @ 10/24/09 10:35 PM
When is this patch going to be released?

# 316 Vince Carter II @ 10/25/09 12:41 AM
Made a change to where the value for headband colors is stored at. These changes can now be made through Living Roster releases once the patch is released. If you see any discrepancies, make sure and let the 2K Insider know!

what does this mean, can u change the headband without the living roster. also is it going to be the correct color like at home the team color is white, and away maybe like red, blue, and etc??

2. also when is this patch coming in like 14 days maybe??

# 317 Pared @ 10/25/09 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSsTOwN
and look KID Im not "some fool" but if you think that any member here voicing his/her is opinion that is different from yours is ""ruining"" the forum then you must be the fool.
I'm almost 3 years older than you. It's obvious reading comprehension is a problem here.

You had the last word. Another post like yours that goes off-topic and you'll be drawing an infraction. That's your last warning.

# 318 ggsimmonds @ 10/25/09 03:58 AM
Is it expected that the patch will be released around the 2nd week of November? Has their been any word on changing the settings in myplayer? I am referring to the ability to change quarter minutes/difficulty/sliders within myplayer.

# 319 kpax1º1 @ 10/25/09 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Is it expected that the patch will be released around the 2nd week of November? Has their been any word on changing the settings in myplayer? I am referring to the ability to change quarter minutes/difficulty/sliders within myplayer.
Yes they confirmed this.

# 320 ggsimmonds @ 10/25/09 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpax1º1
Yes they confirmed this.

Sorry, but what did they confirm? The expected release or my question regarding myplayer?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.