Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Patch #2 for NBA 2K10 is now available for the PS3. The 360 and PC patches, will be released at a later date.

Details for the patch, can be found here.

Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 561 sportyguyfl31 @ 02/06/10 10:15 PM
how do you do give and go, on PS3?

Played a couple of play now games..and I like what I see so far. I dont see as much of what drove me crazy about 2k9 in this game so far.

Im getting used to a new console's controls, and playing a lot of Live on the 360, so im a little bit clumsy with the controls right now.

# 562 sportyguyfl31 @ 02/07/10 07:09 AM
well it looks like I can play above "all star", but that is fine with me.

Fired up Boston-Orlando, 5 minutes on default and i finally beat them i ndouble OT.

there are still some old 2k stand bys which is to be expected, but overall I have been enjoying it so far.

Im looking forward to plugging in Pareds 12 min. qtr sliders.

# 563 Pared @ 02/07/10 01:44 PM
Don't do it higher than all-star. A lot of that 2k9 super-CPU garbage shows up. Have to keep the diff. level low to get the CPU to run a legit offense, otherwise it will take a shot any time it deems it a high % of success, no matter how unrealistic it looks in the flow of a game.

# 564 Altimus @ 02/07/10 01:46 PM
This game is excellent post post patch with minor tweaks on pro. I play Association with both roles/chemistry off and haven't seen any big men shootings threes.

# 565 rspencer86 @ 02/07/10 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
This game is excellent post post patch with minor tweaks on pro. I play Association with both roles/chemistry off and haven't seen any big men shootings threes.
Agreed, having a lot of fun with the game now. The fixes in defense and assists that the patch made are worth having to do the Association workarounds IMO.

# 566 danqb11 @ 02/07/10 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
i totally agree with you. i have yet to see a big man shot a three. But one thing that is bothering me is that everyone once in a while i am seeing a center come off a screen set by a guard. Also seeing for instances steve nash post up down low and call for the ball. Anyone seen this yet and have a fix?

# 567 sportyguyfl31 @ 02/07/10 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Don't do it higher than all-star. A lot of that 2k9 super-CPU garbage shows up. Have to keep the diff. level low to get the CPU to run a legit offense, otherwise it will take a shot any time it deems it a high % of success, no matter how unrealistic it looks in the flow of a game.
Yeah...anything higher then all star kills my sanity.

Im trying some all start 12 min all star sliders...and im going to try your pro ones...and then settle on what I like better.

One big adjustment for me is that on ball defense vs the cpu is hard for me. I have to pick myspots, because the CPU can pass, and cut, faster then I can switch

# 568 BroMontana82 @ 02/07/10 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Yeah...anything higher then all star kills my sanity.

Im trying some all start 12 min all star sliders...and im going to try your pro ones...and then settle on what I like better.

One big adjustment for me is that on ball defense vs the cpu is hard for me. I have to pick myspots, because the CPU can pass, and cut, faster then I can switch
is on ball defense easier on the lower difficulty levels? i'm on all star but am thinking of switching to pro.

# 569 sportyguyfl31 @ 02/07/10 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
is on ball defense easier on the lower difficulty levels? i'm on all star but am thinking of switching to pro.
No clue...i think its just a matter of my figners not being all that nimble at times

# 570 donkey33 @ 02/07/10 09:39 PM
You guys playing on Pro, what rosters did you use and what sliders? I want to give this game one more crack before I sell it.

On a similar note, I can't download from 2kshare. Always says it is unavailable so I'm hoping the answer above is just the latest living rosters.

# 571 Pared @ 02/08/10 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
You guys playing on Pro, what rosters did you use and what sliders? I want to give this game one more crack before I sell it.

On a similar note, I can't download from 2kshare. Always says it is unavailable so I'm hoping the answer above is just the latest living rosters.
Living Rosters and my sliders. You can find them in the slider forum if you can't connect to 2kshare.

# 572 donkey33 @ 02/08/10 05:09 AM
Cheers Pared

# 573 sparkyiii2k @ 02/08/10 05:36 PM
Pared's sliders are awesome nice and simple I never thought playing my association on pro would be as deadly as it is. I didn't load the second patch because of glitches I heard about and didn't want to play with chemistry and player roles off because I believe that's what gives the association so much personality especially when your players get attitudes which is realistic (I'm playing with the Rockets and T-Mac is beyond po because I left him on Reserved. I did the same with Yao until he demanded a trade lol plus I was winless with out him 0-8 without Yao 8-14 with him 3gm winning streak yea I know I'm weak...lol) anyways the this game plays really realistic on pro and with Pared's sliders awesome animations and you have to have a plan going in or you're going to get killed. Oh one more thing I play with my R stick set maybe my imgination but my on ball d has improved greatly holding the R stick to the left and using my L stick for movement it takes practice but its worth it

# 574 BroMontana82 @ 02/08/10 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyiii2k
Oh one more thing I play with my R stick set maybe my imgination but my on ball d has improved greatly holding the R stick to the left and using my L stick for movement it takes practice but its worth it
oh no, not this again....

# 575 rspencer86 @ 02/08/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
oh no, not this again....

As the Beatles sang, "Let it be, let it be.."

# 576 sportyguyfl31 @ 02/08/10 10:38 PM
Pared's pro sliders are,indeed, a gift.

I figured out the on ball D on my own.

Nothing that a little study of the ratings couldnt cure.

# 577 BroMontana82 @ 02/09/10 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86

As the Beatles sang, "Let it be, let it be.."
haha i know i know. on a whole though, the D is better because of the tipped passes. it's harder to just throw the ball in the paint and across the court and that's a huge plus.

# 578 sparkyiii2k @ 02/09/10 10:49 AM
maybe I should have rehrased it better by my personal experience I like to use the R stick it might be my imagination running wild but I seem to fet better results maybe because my reaction time seems quicker anyways no biggie.....this game is still fun

# 579 rspencer86 @ 02/09/10 10:51 AM
Quote:
maybe I should have rehrased it better by my personal experience I like to use the R stick it might be my imagination running wild but I seem to fet better results maybe because my reaction time seems quicker anyways no biggie.....this game is still fun
Well if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it works for you then just stick with it. I personally don't see any difference.

# 580 BroMontana82 @ 02/09/10 01:03 PM
Quote:
yeah definitely keep doing whatever works for you or you think is working. i wasn't knocking on you, i just remember that other thread with a whole bunch of questionable information and then the OP mysteriously disappearing lol

there could have also been some small fixes that 2k doesn't publicly release or confirm that are happening too like more effective help D logic, or stronger on ball D, etc.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.