Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Jon Robinson, over at ESPN Videogames, sat down with Producers Ben Haumiller and Russ Kiniry, as they break down nine changes being made to NCAA Football 11. They have also posted the very first screenshot from the game.

Quote:
"Numbers on helmets might seem inconsequential to some gamers, but if you're an Alabama fan, the fact that the video game recreation of your school doesn't accurately represent the uniform details you cheer so hard for on a weekly basis has been driving you message board mad & as in, leaving threats of "I'll never play the game again," on any sports gaming board you could find in hopes someone at EA will finally hear your cries.

Cry no more.

"Alabama fans, we hear you," says "NCAA Football 11" producer Ben Haumiller. "This game's for you."

That's right, not only will "NCAA Football 11" finally feature Alabama's famed look that includes numbers on helmets, but now when gamers create their own schools using the wildly popular "Team Builder" (over 500,000 teams were created last year), they can put numbers on the sides of their helmets then watch as they actually appear in-game.

But that's not all the "NCAA Football 11" creative crew has in store for this year's game."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 drowsike @ 02/27/10 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
As far as formation subs go...every person online will now complain because so and so put their 99 speed WR as a half back and can out run the entire defense due to horrific blocking and terrible pursuit angles.

I agree. All people are gonna do is use this to cheese the crap out of u

# 142 da ThRONe @ 02/27/10 02:43 PM
Come on people its Feb.. Last year we got Fieldgoal net and Windsocks.

No this is not the end all be all but this is an outstanding start compared to last year.

# 143 TheKasmar @ 02/27/10 03:16 PM
Congrats NCAA team!!! You got refs on the field. It must have been a big task for you. The refs should have never been taken out. Refs are a big part of football(no matter what league) and I'm glad somebody made it a priority to bring them back. Not like it's new or anything, they were in the PS2 era football games.

I hope Pro-Tak is better than it was in Madden. Enough with the hugging.

# 144 prowler @ 02/27/10 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Come on people its Feb.. Last year we got Fieldgoal net and Windsocks.

No this is not the end all be all but this is an outstanding start compared to last year.
Just goes to show you can't please everyone. Had they announced dynamic field goal nets and improved flash photography, the forum would have exploded in anger. But they announce features (in late Feb) that people have been bleeding for and the response from some is that those features should have already been in game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready to proclaim NCAA11 the greatest game ever, but they're definitely making strides in the right direction.

# 145 Lava @ 02/27/10 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
at all the wow comments.

There isn't one thing in that article that wasn't in last gen NCAA.
Pro Tak was not in last gen NCAA.

# 146 vaderdog @ 02/27/10 03:47 PM
I seriously hope that this is not all the improvements. I am waiting for the day that EA Football becomes at least have as fun as EA Futbol.

Hopefully they can perhaps take another hint from the FIFA team and make the players "feel" different, other than speed.

This coming from a guy who hated soccer until I played FIFA 09, and loved video game football until I bought a 360.

# 147 LionsFanNJ @ 02/27/10 03:56 PM
lol @ all the comments demanding gameplay and only gameplay info this early. Good luck with that demand.

# 148 Solidice @ 02/27/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
lol @ all the comments demanding gameplay and only gameplay info this early. Good luck with that demand.
most people just want everything all at once. last year the first NCAA 10 info was QB auto throw and only that. this time we get 9 things. yes, only small things, but do you really expect any developer to release big info on their first info release?

# 149 da ThRONe @ 02/27/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
most people just want everything all at once. last year the first NCAA 10 info was QB auto throw and only that. this time we get 9 things. yes, only small things, but do you really expect any developer to release big info on their first info release?
And the theme so far is everything in that release(beside auto-save) is stuff I have seen people asking for. If they stick to this theme. And if they really took two years to work on as many team entrance as possible. Im certain phyiscs will be in the game. Add some atmosphere and Im sold.

# 150 ianlast @ 02/27/10 04:33 PM
These are all nice additions (although really, I couldn't care less about updated conference logos if we get nonsense like Idaho in the Pac 10).

But really, my decision to purchase will be based solely on the gameplay videos. And it's going to be a no-go for me if they are still lagging behind Madden 10 in terms of momentum and physics.

# 151 Catch28 @ 02/27/10 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
when they say three quarter and half sleeves- I assume they mean the old school look of jerseys....?

will they add 1960-70s facemasks ever or not ? I wonder
They mean undershirts/underarmour.

And I doubt it on the facemasks.

# 152 Catch28 @ 02/27/10 05:22 PM
Quote:
they did not say undershirts- so I cant take your idea as fact - and if it were undershirts, you wouldnt need to say half sleeve because you cant see those anyway
Like sleeves down to the elbow, like what was in Madden last year and something you see quite often these days...

# 153 Watson @ 02/27/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
they did not say undershirts- so I cant take your idea as fact - and if it were undershirts, you wouldnt need to say half sleeve because you cant see those anyway
Half-Sleeve is different than 3/4 sleeve. He meant to say 3/4 sleeve, like this

See how it goes to the elbow? Really, EA got the terminology wrong. THAT is a half-sleeve, the ones that go from your wrists to elbows are called shivers.

Quote:
seriously- old school stuff needs to be added by now- like when the older games had older teams in them
No offense, but you really would be the only one to use that stuff...if it's in the game...

# 154 stoncold32 @ 02/27/10 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
It's February dude. Do you honestly think they're halfway done?
Hate to bust your bubble, but that game is about 90% done, if not all the way done. They're gonna probably start testing in a couple-few weeks.

# 155 stoncold32 @ 02/27/10 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
1. TEAM ENTRANCES - no mention..again

2. Dreadlocks - no mention..again

I would hope to God that long hair is in the game this time. To me, that would be a point they should be ashamed to point out as being "new" So maybe it'll just be an unmentioned addition.

Also, I really dont like this Hahmiller guy, or whatever his name is. It seems like he's a marketing guy who just happened to get put on the gameplay team, the way he tries to fluff stuff up all the time. He went on a whole rant about what the refs will do and won't do, blah, blah blah. I never recalled using refs for blockers in this game.

And I "love" how they keep mentioning about "the technology is now in place....or the technology wasn't there before" What a crock. These systems are far more advanced now than what we had in the past. If other game companies can take advantage of it, so can billion dollar a year, EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
EXACTLY.

For big features they either:

1) Tell us a month and a half in advance

2) What they did with Teambuilder, when it "accidentally" slipped out about 2 months prior

people need to chill. It's February. They haven't even started the blogs yet.
Not buying that my man. LAst year the blogs started and they were showing youtube vids about how their new technology was gonna make a pocket, and how certain features were shared b/w NCAA & Madden. Then when the game came out, none of it worked, and the stuff "shared" w/ Madden didnt work nearly as well as it did on Madden...if at all.

# 156 Gossennator @ 02/27/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I would hope to God that long hair is in the game this time. To me, that would be a point they should be ashamed to point out as being "new" So maybe it'll just be an unmentioned addition.
I think it will be, it was in Madden 10 so it should be easier for the NCAA team to do it. I think the more options they have for the players, the better. Every player on the field should look different in some way or another, whether its hair, equipment, etc.

It makes players like Brandon Spikes and Dexter McCluster stand out

# 157 stlstudios189 @ 02/27/10 06:56 PM
I will be upgrading to NCAA 11 this year for sure. I stayed with 09 last year, and EA has me impressed this year already

# 158 Hiro1 @ 02/27/10 07:16 PM
I hope they don't do the dreads like madden. I hate the tied up look so many people where them loose.

@watson tiger both of the sleeves are tech 1/2 sleeves even your so called shivers. When they said 3/4 I THINK they meant what the south carolina players has on. I stoked to see the one sleeve they added like what reggie bush use to wear just one arm covered haha. Like I said if the gameplay is a smidge better than madden I'm in line at midnight. With them saying they improved pro_tak gang tackling I'm sure other gamplay has been improved tremendously. Even if it's like madden on fast gameplay setting the game would be ok with me.

# 159 Palo20 @ 02/27/10 07:24 PM
Really great start for the game. Formation subs and new equipment sounds great!

# 160 MaizeHaze @ 02/27/10 07:36 PM
I just hope they got a new roster guy this year!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.